Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yeah trouba retained would be a big get for the wings. He played over 21 mins a night on a team where his pairing also played the hardest matchups and won the presidents trophy. Oh no, he didnt look amazing against Florida in theconference finals. He would take some serious pressure off of Seider and be by far the second best dman on the team.

He also brings some physical edge that will help draw some of these younger guys into the fight a little more
It's also been reported he was playing on a very badly injured ankle. For two seasons I think he'd be a good veteran partner to help smooth things out for Ed. It could also help ease the difficult minutes Seider is playing night in and night out. I prefer Roy but it sounds like he's going to have lots of suitors. Hopefully Yzerman has a good feel for whether Roy wants to come back to Michigan.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
The rumor that Trouba will block a trade to DRW has a lot of smoke around it.

The only way this could get done is if NY waive Trouba, which means Yzerman will be on the hook for his entire 8m.

The strategic way around this hurdle would be to trade both Copp and Holl to Rangers for NYR's 2nd round pick). That would free up 9m in Detroit. Gives DRW a 2nd round asset, and they eat Trouba's 8m. Rangers can buy out Holl and maybe they can use Copp somewhere.

That's just an example how NYR can skirt around Trouba's block.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
The rumor that Trouba will block a trade to DRW has a lot of smoke around it.

The only way this could get done is if NY waive Trouba, which means Yzerman will be on the hook for his entire 8m.

The strategic way around this hurdle would be to trade both Copp and Holl to Rangers for their 2nd round pick (cap dump). That would free up 9m in Detroit. Gives DRW a 2nd round asset, and they eat Trouba's 8m. Rangers can buy out Holl and maybe they can use Copp somewhere.

That's just an example how NYR can skirt around Trouba's block.
Ok. Trouba f***ing sucks dude. If they waive him we just don't claim him...

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Ok. Trouba f***ing sucks dude. If they waive him we just don't claim him...

Because Trouba at 2 yrs is better than any UFA at 6+ years with massive overpayment. Especially when we can dump 2 bad contracts and acquire a 2nd rounder. It helps both the short-term-now and the future (2nd round pick and copp cap dump).

Hell, I'd rather just sell aging players and go for a more aggressive rebuild. But impatient people think making the playoffs now is important.... which it is not!

Reactions: TKB

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Because Trouba at 2 yrs is better than any UFA at 6+ years with massive overpayment. Especially when we can dump 2 bad contracts and acquire a 2nd rounder. It helps both the short-term-now and the future (2nd round pick and copp cap dump).

Hell, I'd rather just sell aging players and go for a more aggressive rebuild. But impatient people think making the playoffs now is important.... which it is not!

Trouba at 2 years at 8m is massive overpayment though. Trouba for 2 years around 5 I'm ok with

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Trouba at 2 years at 8m is massive overpayment though. Trouba for 2 years around 5 I'm ok with

I'd pay the entire 8m for a Copp cap dump (5.6m @ 3 years), Holl cap dump (3.4m) and a free 2nd rounder.

Dump those two contracts, then Yzerman effectively gains 1m a year to spend that he otherwise wouldn't have, gets a free 2nd rounder and beefs up the blue line without giving out MASSIVE term and overpayment like he'll have to do on any aging UFA.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I'd pay the entire 8m for a Copp cap dump (5.6m @ 3 years), Holl cap dump (3.4m) and a free 2nd rounder.

Dump those two contracts, then Yzerman effectively gains 1m a year to spend that he otherwise wouldn't have, gets a free 2nd rounder and beefs up the blue line without giving out MASSIVE term and overpayment like he'll have to do on any aging UFA.

And then who is the 3rd line center?

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016

And then has to replace copp.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
What's Oskar Sundqvist up to these days? Blues will probably trade him for a small price.

Copp is garbage. Any plug will do.

Also, if Veleno can't step up, then he needs to go.
Honestly I'd rather give Danielson a shot at 3c if he comes out to camp like a man possessed

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
There's options. Another option I'd like to explore is move Ras back to Center and fill wing with Mazur. But like I said, Veleno needs to step or he needs to be moved.
I've never been big on veleno myself and I feel like he should be gone.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
What's Oskar Sundqvist up to these days? Blues will probably trade him for a small price.

Copp is garbage. Any plug will do.

Also, if Veleno can't step up, then he needs to go.

So no one then?

The Wings just lost their second best faceoff man who takes over 1,000 faceoffs a season, is a defensively responsible forward who plays over 16 minutes a game, and plays second most minutes on the PK.

Veleno or Sundqvist would be even worse than Copp trying to handle those duties. The Wings biggest problem was team defense and they just got weaker down the middle.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
So no one then?

The Wings just lost their second best faceoff man who takes over 1,000 faceoffs a season, is a defensively responsible forward who plays over 16 minutes a game, and plays second most minutes on the PK.

Veleno or Sundqvist would be even worse than Copp trying to handle those duties. The Wings biggest problem was team defense and they just got weaker down the middle.

Fine Jake Guentzel then. Anyone to get rid of Copp's salary. Copp is a 3rd line center like Walman was a top paring dman. Lol

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

I'm sure you would but after they buyout Holl the Rangers would be saving a whopping $1.8 million and make the move pointless.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Holl and Copp are going nowhere.

This stupid hopefest is just waste of time.

Yzerman already made his cap space for season 2024-25, moving Kostin and Walman out.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'm sure you would but after they buyout Holl the Rangers would be saving a whopping $1.8 million and make the move pointless.

Are you accounting for the fact Rangers need to spend cap on a center ? They have centers going to UFA; Roslovic (4m) and Wenneberg (4.5m). They need a center.

The Guentzel whose rights was just acquired by Tampa?

What term has he signed with TBL for? I missed that update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia