Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I don’t really want any player who doesn’t want to be here.
Kane and potentially Stamkos would 'want' to be here but you have to PAY.Maybe Yzermans hands are tied...

I should start a petition for all Wings fans to order from LC so Illitch will spend to the cap lol

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Veleno could have been part of the Trouba-deal.

Too bad it ain't happening?

Good thing Wings have Albert Johanson to fill in for the roll Trouba was going to fill.

We can keep pretty much the same roster as last season and I'll be perfectly fine. I'd prefer a top 10 pick over the #15, however.

Reactions: WaW

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kane and potentially Stamkos would 'want' to be here but you have to PAY.Maybe Yzermans hands are tied...

I should start a petition for all Wings fans to order from LC so Illitch will spend to the cap lol

Red Wings will be spending at least 7 million over the cap in real money at next season. Larkin is having 11M salary etc. Real salaries are that much higher, and Seider/Raymond should have more front-loading on their becoming contracts.

So, if they push against the 88M cap, real salaries will be at least 95M or maybe 100M.

This Ilitch joke is so stupid. They are spending as much as possible.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Unless a player immediately leaves their wife to come to Detroit I don't want them on the roster.
I’m not saying it’s unreasonable. I think Trouba should do everything he can to stay with his wife. I’m just saying I’d rather not trade for a guy who’s heart isn’t in it.

Reactions: SoupNazi

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
His wife is an excuse. The guy brings in 8M and is most likely paying for her school. She goes where he says...
She is a resident physician in NYC and isn’t paying for anything. She gets paid a salary during residency and is a year from finishing training. Transferring residency programs is very difficult and nothing like a regular job. So no, she doesn’t go where he says, like at all.

Also fun fact - depending on the specialty, she’ll potentially make more career earnings than Trouba. For example, if she did interventional cardio, clearing 2-2.5M isn’t that hard, and the difference is she can do it until she’s 70 instead of 37.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
on top of the wife and her residency, I think Trouba had a kid in January. It's totally understandable why he isn't a fan of uprooting his life right now. At the same time, it seems NYR is going to force the issue one way or another so he's going to have to ask himself if Detroit is better than other possibilities.

Or maybe pete was right on the main board and it's Yzerman milking this for all he can.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
on top of the wife and her residency, I think Trouba had a kid in January. It's totally understandable why he isn't a fan of uprooting his life right now. At the same time, it seems NYR is going to force the issue one way or another so he's going to have to ask himself if Detroit is better than other possibilities.

Or maybe pete was right on the main board and it's Yzerman milking this for all he can.
Any excuse that keeps him in NY is a win for me. Even though it's complete bs.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016

I hope he ends up in San jose

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Believe it or not these guys are actually also human beings. Not every person just wants to go and uproot their life on a whim so i can understand the hesitation on his part

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
She is a resident physician in NYC and isn’t paying for anything. She gets paid a salary during residency and is a year from finishing training. Transferring residency programs is very difficult and nothing like a regular job. So no, she doesn’t go where he says, like at all.

Also fun fact - depending on the specialty, she’ll potentially make more career earnings than Trouba. For example, if she did interventional cardio, clearing 2-2.5M isn’t that hard, and the difference is she can do it until she’s 70 instead of 37.
They don’t clear over a million unless they hit the director/chair level, but she’ll spend 40 years making 500-750k which is pretty comfortable.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Divorce the wife, put the dog down, sell the kids to the mines, burn the house down for the insurance money, use the insurance money to open a Little Caesars franchise, do some ad spots for Detroit Central Station, tell us how much you love the Big 3, and then…

maybe….

you can be a Detroit Red Wing.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
They don’t clear over a million unless they hit the director/chair level, but she’ll spend 40 years making 500-750k which is pretty comfortable.
False. Being director or chair of a department at an academic hospital actually means you usually make less than your counterparts in the community. internal mediicne subspecs with a lot of procedures - like interventional cards, GI, nephro ( if you do dialysis), all make over 1M easily , if that’s what they want to do.

Reactions: SoupNazi

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Divorce the wife, put the dog down, sell the kids to the mines, burn the house down for the insurance money, use the insurance money to open a Little Caesars franchise, do some ad spots for Detroit Central Station, tell us how much you love the Big 3, and then…

maybe….

you can be a Detroit Red Wing.
Sure, if he wants to take the easy way.

Pfft. Some of us have to EARN our membership. Sheesh...

Reactions: jaster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad