NBA 2024 NBA Offseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I don’t understand all the hype and love for PG. dude hasn’t won shit in his career. This would be such a 76’ers move.

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t understand all the hype and love for PG. dude hasn’t won shit in his career. This would be such a 76’ers move.
They have money and no one to spend it on. So, yeah, you’re right.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Last season PG averaged 22/5/3, 41% from 3, 90% from the line, 57% effective FG pct. He's still one of the best players in the NBA. He fits exactly what the Sixers need, someone who can spread the floor (and is willing to do so) and is an excellent defender. Porzingis hadn't won anything before last year either, and now he has a ring.

The Sixers have needed an elite wing since they traded Butler. PG is easily the best one available, and he would cost them nothing but cap space. They don't need him to be THE guy, they just need him to do the things that he's good at, and that he's been doing his entire career. It will cost a lot of cap space but the Sixers window to win a title with Embiid as the centerpiece is getting smaller every year. It's pretty much a no-brainer for Morey.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
These NBA contracts are embarrassing. Does anyone think Harden gives a shit anymore? They used to say these guys are worth it because people buy tickets or tune in to see them, but who does that for Harden or KCP for that matter? If I'm one of the 50 or so NBA players who really does move the needle and get butts in seats Im pissed.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
How embarrassing for the Lakers.

Forced to draft a short no talent kid like Bronny.

Then guarantee him a roster spot? And guarantee 3 years?

The lakeshow is now the clown show. Joke of the NBA

Bronny already getting held out after looking like crap yesterday.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
How embarrassing for the Lakers.

Forced to draft a short no talent kid like Bronny.

Then guarantee him a roster spot? And guarantee 3 years?

The lakeshow is now the clown show. Joke of the NBA

Bronny already getting held out after looking like crap yesterday.

I mean it really sucks for Bronny, honestly. He seems like a good kid, raised well by his father. I wish he had gone the challenging route, and maybe more people would actually root for him to succeed. Although it’s obvious that he wouldn’t have been drafted by anyone had he not been LBJ’s son.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I mean it really sucks for Bronny, honestly. He seems like a good kid, raised well by his father. I wish he had gone the challenging route, and maybe more people would actually root for him to succeed. Although it’s obvious that he wouldn’t have been drafted by anyone had he not been LBJ’s son.
I watched his first game, honestly he didn't look all that bad. But he needs to be able to shoot, smallish guards who can't shoot just aren't a hot commodity in today's NBA. I think it might have served him well to stay in school another year, but I guess that wouldn't have fit with LeBron's timeline. Which is what sucks, it's not the son's responsibility to make the father's dream come true.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
He should spend the year in the G-league getting minutes on a two way contract developing, instead of rotting on the bench getting a few token a minutes a game in blowouts or just to say "FATHER AND SON PLAYING TOGETHER!"

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
He should spend the year in the G-league getting minutes on a two way contract developing, instead of rotting on the bench getting a few token a minutes a game in blowouts or just to say "FATHER AND SON PLAYING TOGETHER!"
the potential is there, but going straight to the NBA after playing a handful of college games and coming off major heart surgery is going to ruin any chance at development he had. he could've returned to school for another season or two and really improved his game and his draft stock, but then another team would've likely drafted him. basically, he threw away whatever chance he had at becoming an NBA caliber talent just to play with his dad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad