F Michael Misa - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I mean, sure, there were some mitigating circumstances. But eventually those mitigating circumstances have to go from excuses to proving out the expectation of what will change. It wasn’t a good season. I think it’s generally rational that a player sees a fall when they have a weak season, whether there were mitigating circumstances or not.

And now if he can keep up his good start he’ll have a chance to move back up. I don’t see how any of that is unfair or stupid.
It wasn't. Yours was a good post. Short, concise, answered my question.

Last edited:

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
I mean, sure, there were some mitigating circumstances. But eventually those mitigating circumstances have to go from excuses to proving out the expectation of what will change. It wasn’t a good season. I think it’s generally rational that a player sees a fall when they have a weak season, whether there were mitigating circumstances or not.

And now if he can keep up his good start he’ll have a chance to move back up. I don’t see how any of that is unfair or stupid.
I take the point that having a lower ppg than the previous year and "only" producing 75 points as an exceptional status player may be considered somewhat concerning.

However, he put up the 9th most points by a 16-year old in the OHL in the last 25 years, only behind the likes of McDavid, Tavares X2, Stamkos, Hall, Derek Roy and Galchenyuk. He was also 8th at the Hlinka in scoring as an underager. I certainty wouldn't characterize that as a "weak" season. It may have been below expectation given his 15-year old season, but he outperformed other high-end OHLers in their 16-year old season (Marner, Seguin, O Reilly, Skinner, Konecny, Byfield, Perfetti, etc.) even with injury issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Breakfast of Champs

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
exceptional status player
I would not consider him a traditional exceptional status player either; he was denied initially, but (and this is just what I’ve heard from people aware of the situation, not what I know personally) after a strong OHL cup, OHF and hockey Canada awarded him exceptional status as there was some fear he would go the Chicago Steel->NCAA route. Still a top prospect and think what he’s shown to start the year is that, as an 07, he can be the best CHL forward prospect in this draft compared to late 06s like McQueen and Martone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad