2024 MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Did you see how Nick looked in his last fight! It was awful. And that was coming up to three years ago against another way past it fighter in Lawler.

edit. Nick hasn't won a fight since 2011 lol
Yeah but he was also fighting with an extremely serious neck injury and wasn’t even able to train for the fight so it’s hard for me to really put any stock into that performance. Seeing Luque just quit once Buckley hurt him has me pretty concerned especially since we know he had the serious brain issue. I’ll still probably pick Luque but I definitely think it’s more winnable for Nick than most people seem to

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
If he beat RDA less than a year ago he should have enough left in the tank to beat Nick. I’m just glad Luque isn’t facing a power puncher

Dana White privilege. The guy rants about how Jon is the GOAT every press conference he gets, he lets Jon do what he wants
It's pretty simple in my opinion....

Jones was gonna retire after his fight with stipe this past November as was Stipe. Jones obviously had a pretty serious injury which was like 8 months recovery time so he was out. He had the surgery in January that puts his earliest return date August-September. So to them why not just wait the two months run it back as all time greatest fighter vs all time greatest heavy weight. They're both going to retire after the fight anyway and who ever is holding the interim will just be anointed undisputed champion which we all have viewed as the actual champion anyway.

Obviously if jones/stipe don't retire it changes that scenario but I really don't have a problem if that's how plays out.

Reactions: LandfiII and CDJ

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Thanks guys for the stuff on Jones.

If him and Miocic do take off for good after and it's not actually like a title/division kinda kept hostage, whatever. It's OK.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I have no interest whatsoever in that fight. It will be boring as hell just like the last time. Pretty terrible, I guess Almeida wasn't available.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gane is a coward is what I have to say about that

I think Volkov could possibly take this one though, he’s looking good. Could see him wrestling. Let’s see another Ezekiel!

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I have no interest whatsoever in that fight. It will be boring as hell just like the last time. Pretty terrible, I guess Almeida wasn't available.
Gane is ducking him and his punishment for doing so is having to fight in Abu Dhabi instead of Paris

Reactions: CDJ

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I do think Almeida would dominate Cyril so I guess I understand him avoiding that matchup.
Jones exposed truly how little desire (and ability) Gane has to grapple guys that know what they're doing. So putting him up against someone who exclusively grapples is probably an immediate no from him.

I like Gane vs Volkov more anyway because I think it'll be more competitive on the feet, I also think this is a number one contenders fight after Aspinall/Blaydes and Jon/Stipe is resolved.

My guess is Volkov vs Aspinall is the next big fight we see at HW.

Reactions: CDJ

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
While it's been known for awhile that Conor has his eyes on free agency, I really didn't think he would ever come out and say anything along the lines of this. Gotta think Dana really isn't a happy guy right now. If they ever get the Chandler fight done it will be very interesting to see what they do with Conor with one fight left on his contract.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
They're thinking the venue itself will be the selling point
Went to the Sphere for the NHL draft and loved it but I’m not convinced it’s going to be some insane fight venue. The wraparound screen is cool but I don’t see how it could enhance the fight viewing experience

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad