2024 MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
As annoying as it is I don't blame Chandler at all for waiting until August or September. He's waited this long, what's another few months?
In a vacuum I completely agree. But many have doubted this flight would ever happen from the very beginning. If I'm Chandler I'd probably wait like you said, but at SOME point he's gonna have to let this go.

Reactions: I am not exposed

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Just f***ing retire at this point and check yourself into a rehab center while you’re at it

Reactions: CDJ

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Is Hill confirmed injured or maybe he's the backup now?

Khamzat will go down as one of the biggest "what could've been" in MMA. I truly believe health has taken such a severe toll on him to the point he can't reach his full potential, and iirc that started even before the Burns fight. He may not be the most likable guy, but if he were operating at peak health with no serious setbacks, he'd have won multiple titles by now. I don't think his ability was ever overrated, I attribute his "underwhelming" performances to health. To me, he is/was/could've been THAT good.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
It's absolutely hilarious Helwani is coming out now patting himself on the back for keeping the McGregor injury secret when in reality anyone with a brain could tell from his reporting it was an injury lol.
Yeah that's amazing lol... he came out the first day and listed every single reason what it wasn't and then proceeded to hint as a possible injury.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Sucks for Chandler that this is delayed again but honestly these new fights are better.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I think we all already knew about this one but now official.

MW is in a really weird spot IMO. Izzy doesn't deserve this shot after coming off ANOTHER loss but the UFC probably desperately wants the belt back on him. No disrespect but I don't think people really care about DDP as a champion. Strickland is boring, a lunatic, and the UFC hates him. Khamzat is out for who knows how long and is one of the most unreliable fighters due to pull outs and inability to fight in NA. Whittaker is awesome but has also been finished by both DDP and Izzy. The two Russians, Imanov and Aliskerov, are interesting for sure and can make some noise.

Leon moving up could be a real possibility if he beats Belal unless they want Leon/Islam instead. I also wouldn't be opposed to Usman vs. Strickland, even if it doesn't make sense based on their recent fights.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I think they should let McGregor heal and give Chandler another fight while he waits. I'm not convinced McGregor returns and Chandler is waiting on a fight that may never happen. Book him another fight with a guarantee that if McGregor returns he gets the fight whether he wins or loses.

Reactions: I am not exposed

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Definitely didn't think izzy was getting a title shot asap, but I'll take Dricus in that matchup.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Izzy's -155 for that fight. I was very curious to see what it would be because he's lost a lot of his mystique IMO. That feels about right. I'd probably take DDP at those odds but it's essentially a coin flip to me.

Division's not terribly compelling right now for the reasons mentioned. Strickland is uninspiring, DDP isn't a draw, we've seen Adesanya lose a few times, and we've seen Whittaker lose twice to him (and DDP).

I have no interest in seeing Edwards at 185, he'd lose to every top guy. 170 is another division that needs some life injected into it. Shavkat as champ maybe? Then at 185 you gotta get Nickal into a number one contender fight.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
disagree about Edwards losing to every top guy at 185- I doubt he would become champion but I think he could beat a bunch of em

Strickland ended up being a matchup nightmare for Izzy stylistically- I think DDP is the opposite

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009

I think we all already knew about this one but now official.

MW is in a really weird spot IMO. Izzy doesn't deserve this shot after coming off ANOTHER loss but the UFC probably desperately wants the belt back on him. No disrespect but I don't think people really care about DDP as a champion. Strickland is boring, a lunatic, and the UFC hates him. Khamzat is out for who knows how long and is one of the most unreliable fighters due to pull outs and inability to fight in NA. Whittaker is awesome but has also been finished by both DDP and Izzy. The two Russians, Imanov and Aliskerov, are interesting for sure and can make some noise.

Leon moving up could be a real possibility if he beats Belal unless they want Leon/Islam instead. I also wouldn't be opposed to Usman vs. Strickland, even if it doesn't make sense based on their recent fights.

Yea I agree Izzy doesn't deserve a shot. Since he lost to Strickalnd, Sean had a super close fight with DDP and beat Costa. Izzy levelled up his landlord game.

Nakatomi

Dec 26, 2022
Oftentimes the game is as much about as taking advantage of your opportunities as earning them.

If Israel beats DDP and avenges his loss with Sean (both things he said he wants to do), he sets up the rubber match at the higher weight with Alex if Mr. Chama can manage to hold onto the belt a little longer. One big final rubber match to go up 2-1 on Pereira in MMA, be a two division champion, and ride off into the sunset.

Adesanya has always been big on story arcs, and for whatever shine his has lost lately, that would be a helluva way to wrap it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad