2024 IIHF WOMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Didn’t see this answered anywhere in the thread, but why are Canada and the USA in the same division?

They should be seeded 1 and 2 I’d imagine.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Didn’t see this answered anywhere in the thread, but why are Canada and the USA in the same division?

They should be seeded 1 and 2 I’d imagine.
Womens have a different format than the Mens/Juniors. Group 1 is the actual 'contending' division. All 5 teams make it to the QFs with the top 3 from Group B.

This is because Canada/USA are heads & shoulders above the rest (although I have seen upsets happen).

I don't like it personally but that's what it is.

Reactions: Playmaker09

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Congrats to the U.S. but that should have been a tripping penalty on Jenner - it caused a 3 on 1.

Oh well. See you in the GMG.

Reactions: Flamingo

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah. That was not right.

Oh well... The U.S. dominated O.T. and I did not want to see a shootout. Canada will have motivation for the GMG.
Frank looks like she's hard to beat. Shooters will have to look a moving the puck across the meridian for one-timers. The USA D is pretty strong in the slot, though. Difficult puzzle to solve.

Reactions: jj cale

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Refs allowed a trip in overtime, presto, 3-on-1.
It's tough because you do NOT want to call a penalty in O.T., but you have to when it results in a 3 on 1.

Frank looks like she's hard to beat. Shooters will have to look a moving the puck across the meridian for one-timers. The USA D is pretty strong in the slot, though. Difficult puzzle to solve.
Meh. This game could have gone either way. A lucky bounce here, a lucky bounce there... OR a non call.

The teams are just so equally matched.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
It's tough because you do NOT want to call a penalty in O.T., but you have to when it results in a 3 on 1.

Meh. This game could have gone either way. A lucky bounce here, a lucky bounce there... OR a non call.

The teams are just so equally matched.
I tuned in for the 2nd and 3rd, and the Canadian attack was much more menacing than the Amerians, who relied mostly on counter-attacks. Canada just never got the rebounds on their forehand, or they were boxed out from a clean rebound shot by big defenders. Hopefully it's something they can work on for (knock wood) their rematch.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Germany, stat watching, look awesome!

US-Canada.. that gold medal game will be amazing! Hard to beat a top team twice in same tourney. Curious if this gives an edge as they now have adversity and US should roll to finals (deservedly).

Reactions: ORRFForever

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Germany up 2:0 after first. Although they could afford an off-game and the Chinese are fighting back fairly well, the difference in raw ability is just much too large. Shots on goal 19:0 too. Great for Japan and Denmark in the final game of the group stage.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Germany up 2:0 after first. Although they could afford an off-game and the Chinese are fighting back fairly well, the difference in raw ability is just much too large. Shots on goal 19:0 too. Great for Japan and Denmark in the final game of the group stage.
How good are these Germany ladies?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
How good are these Germany ladies?
They arrived to this tournament with 11 straight losses, or one win in their last 17 games since beating France and Hungary at the World Championships last year. And that included losses to both France and Hungary among others (in part due to diarrhea within the team in that particular tournament, but nonetheless)... So let's call it a pleasant surprise to not only avoid relegation but to win the group this convincingly, and I think today they could really enjoy that situation on the ice after the struggles. Historically they have a winning record against Czechia, but in their current form I'd say they're the two extremes of the same tier and not in their favor. On a good day they can win, but it'll definitely take that good day.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad