2024 IIHF WOMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Your ladies smoked us 5-0. Well deserved win! Looked great. I cannot complain about anything. Clean classic Canada victory over us.lol
Didn't even know that game was on and over until now!! lol

womens hockey............doesn't have quite the cache of the mens yet, they got some work to do!!

Reactions: Czechboy

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
China and Denmark evenly matched, 0:0 after first.

Perhaps the most important game of Group B; if China wins then Denmark and Japan will go down, if Denmark wins then they and Japan will determine who has to.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Not the top level but Slovakia won Div 1B.(what they were/are doing in 1B, I am not sure).. North Korea wins Div 2B.. Which I find remarkable..

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Brutal gap from the Chinese there.. Left D was so far back and she would have been better off trying to step up. Instead she's directing traffic when there was no need.. just do your job..

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Not the top level but Slovakia won Div 1B.(what they were/are doing in 1B, I am not sure).. North Korea wins Div 2B.. Which I find remarkable..
DPRK only got relegated because of the pandemic, by default their women's program is more serious than men's and didn't belong to that level.

Reverse Owen Nolan by the Chinese.

XXfkhS.gif

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
They'll still need a result against Japan, who now also have a fighting chance given that China probably won't find it easy against Germany. Even a three-way tie isn't all that unlikely.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Drove up to Utica for the weekend. Saw US-Finland Saturday night. Sweden-Japan yesterday and Canada-Czechia yesterday.

Canada dominated that game, it wasn't even competitive. Looked like a youth game when a B teams gets matched up with a AA team in a tournament.

Thought the US let Finland hang around and if they play like that tonight, Canada will win.

Same for Sweden. Were dominating, but Japan tied late in 2nd before Sweden pulled away. Canada-Czechia game was only about 1/2 full, thought the attendance for that game would have been better.

Whats up with Japan? Lost to China, Sweden and Germany.
They are just not very good, relatively speaking.

Oh and whoever was doing the SOG for the games I attended was not very good. When a shot hits the goalie and then the post, it counts as a SOG. When a shot hits the goalie and the opponent then shoots again and again and hits the goalie each time, they all count as shots on goal.

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Whats up with Japan? Lost to China, Sweden and Germany.
Ineffective. Shots on goal 52:17 against China, lost 2:3 after shootout. Against Germany shots on goal 30:29, lost 1:4. Even against Sweden 22:43 and lost 2:6. They really should have taken at least 3-4 points in those games, yet ended up with 1.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Finn's beat the Swiss. Not sure how much the Swiss need to beat Czechs by to get third.

I would obviously be thrilled with a 3rd place pool finish.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
USA started off really strong but thanks to Desbiens the game is still scoreless. Canada getting stronger as the game goes on, will be interesting to see who comes out on top in the third.

Reactions: jj cale

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
USA started off really strong but thanks to Desbiens the game is still scoreless. Canada getting stronger as the game goes on, will be interesting to see who comes out on top in the third.
We need some scoring!

Reactions: HabSgt

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Very intense game. No matter who wins here, these teams should meet in the final game (barring a hockey miracle).

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This is for the WHC in May, Mens not Womens?

Canada is still #1, but this is premature until we know which players are gonna attend.
I am a dummy. I'm not sure why I thought these were the women's odds. My bad. :(

Reactions: HabSgt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad