2024 IIHF WOMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Germans are playing outstanding... And a PP coming up? I'm not stressed at all.lol

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The Czechs have been good at suppressing chances all game long and Germany always relied on finding a lucky bounce. Really one for the Czechs to lose now, they shouldn't need to change anything more than keep a calm head.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Stupid move.. right call. I wouldnt like that in men's hockey with hitting.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
The Czechs have been good at suppressing chances all game long and Germany always relied on finding a lucky bounce. Really one for the Czechs to lose now, they shouldn't need to change anything more than keep a calm head.

And when they had a shooting chance, the Germans kept missing the net for the first 50 minutes.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Sorry Germany.. you had a great tourney. I totally get it.

Not over yet, unless Japan or Sweden pull off an upset, we have another game ahead of us against the Swiss for 5th place.

Good game and good luck to your ladies in the semis, and what I expect to be the bronze medal game. No offense, but I really can't see anything but a US vs. Canada final.

Reactions: Czechboy

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Can Sweden shock Canada? Last meeting went 3-2 Canada and the SOG were 54- 14 or something to them. Our goalie will be busy

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Can Sweden shock Canada? Last meeting went 3-2 Canada and the SOG were 54- 14 or something to them. Our goalie will be busy
Probably not, but I like their chances better than those of Czechia or Japan. Their brand of hockey just doesn't work against the North Americans, Finland or Sweden have a marginal chance. Probably Czechia versus Finland in the bronze medal game though, couldn't see the Swiss making it that far this time either.

Last edited:

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Probably not, but I like their chances better than those of Czechia or Japan. Their brand of hockey just doesn't work against the North Americans, Finland or Sweden have a marginal chance. Probably Czechia versus Finland in the bronze medal game though, can't see the Swiss making it that far this time either.

Yea.. maybe its pretty much over before it started but i will watch anyway. Always fun to see ur NT playing

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Sweden's problem is also that beating Canada would only earn them the United States in the semifinals, it's a brutal path to the medals they have to overcome.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Not over yet, unless Japan or Sweden pull off an upset, we have another game ahead of us against the Swiss for 5th place.

Good game and good luck to your ladies in the semis, and what I expect to be the bronze medal game. No offense, but I really can't see anything but a US vs. Canada final.
Good luck against Swiss!

I look forward to our bronze game.. for how we have confirmed out 3rd ranking and am happy... Beat Finland, Swiss and Germany here. Bronze will be in our their sure! Good luck with getting into pool A.

Reactions: Maverick41

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Omg a Canadian ref just made the biggest mistake I´ve seen. Sweden scored 2-3 but no, the ref called it off and it's still 3-1 to Canada.
Reminds me of when the refs gave the US a win against Finland in a final. I mean reffing is usually difficult and somewhat bad in these tournaments but this is just mind blowing and a f*cking disgrace. Sweden should've got the goal after replays. I'm baffled of how unjust and bad that actually was.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It's rather hard for me to understand why they have a Canadian ref in Team Canada game and an American ref in Team USA game to start with when they could easily avoid that situation by reversing the assignment.

Reactions: Svedu

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Swiss up 1-0 on Germany. That would be a very good game!

Czechs vs Canada.. I'll be tuning in for the third if the score is close. Canada are amazing here and should get to the finals.

Keys for us to 'win': Keep it close for as long as womanly possible, utilize PP, pray.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad