Pre-Game Talk: 2024 Draft Thread

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
here is a new 2 round mock draft from Flohockey -https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/12650697-nhl-mock-draft-2024-predicting-every-pick-in-the-first-two-rounds
Three forwards including passing on great D prospects in round 2? Worst case scenario. I like Hage tho.

Reactions: Blueston

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Three forwards including passing on great D prospects in round 2? Worst case scenario. I like Hage tho.
One big problem I have with Hage is he took himself out of the playoffs losing his cool. The refs blew that game no question, but they blew it for everyone. If he can get his s**t together, then he could be a second line center. He is just quite a ways from there and probably won’t be successful bottom six.

If they passed over Freij 3 times and the third for Simon Zether, then I would probably throw my laptop.

Last edited:

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
Any chance we find a partner in Philly to move up to 12? Trade our 16 and a 2nd. Briere said he would be open to that. 12 could possibly get Parekh or Catton or Sennecke? Would be better than Jiricek or MBN. Any takers

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Any chance we find a partner in Philly to move up to 12? Trade our 16 and a 2nd. Briere said he would be open to that. 12 could possibly get Parekh or Catton or Sennecke? Would be better than Jiricek or MBN. Any takers

I thought Philly where trying to move up? If so it might be easier to make a deal with either BUF or NJ as they are reported to potentially wanting to trade down for the right package.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Seems kinda pre-mature to say. Depends on who our scouts like and how the board falls. I could see laying the ground work for a deal if the board falls a certain way, but not locking a trade down until we see. It would suck to trade our 16th for 12 and then 5 teams go way off board.

We did something similar with a potential trade with Detroit if Dvorsky or Leonard iirc were picked where we'd move up to grab the other. Dvorsky survived so we just picked him.

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
Seems kinda pre-mature to say. Depends on who our scouts like and how the board falls. I could see laying the ground work for a deal if the board falls a certain way, but not locking a trade down until we see. It would suck to trade our 16th for 12 and then 5 teams go way off board.

We did something similar with a potential trade with Detroit if Dvorsky or Leonard iirc were picked where we'd move up to grab the other. Dvorsky survived so we just picked him.
True. But 12 gets us up into the arguably 2nd tier of players available.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

The trade would’ve been with Buffalo, not Detroit. Buffalo wanted to move up to draft Benson. They got lucky and were able to get Benson at 13.

The Hawks also desperately tried to move up from 19 because they really wanted Moore. Ended up getting him at 19 too so sometimes it’s good when a deal doesn’t work out.

I’m sure the Blues are laying all sorts of groundwork that may or may not be executed depending on how the draft goes.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
One big problem I have with Hage is he took himself out of the playoffs losing his cool. The refs blew that game no question, but they blew it for everyone. If he can get his s**t together, then he could be a second line center. He is just quite a ways from there and probably won’t be successful bottom six.

If they passed over Freij 3 times and the third for Simon Zether, then I would probably throw my laptop.
Yeah, the problem is we dropped far enough in this class that everyone has warts.

Freij was eye-opening, but passing on Skahan, Brunicke, etc as well is just mind-boggling.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Pronman seven-round draft

St. Louis Blues
16. Adam Jiricek, D, Plzen (CZECHIA)
48. Matvei Gridin, RW, Muskegon (USHL)
56. Will Skahan, D, Usa U-18 (NTDP)
81. Kasper Pikkarainen, RW, Tps Jr. (FINLAND-JR.)
95. Nate Misskey, D, Victoria (WHL)
113. Jonathan Morello, C, St. Michaels (OJHL)
145. Hugo Lejon, RW, Vasteras Jr. (SWEDEN-JR.)
209. Matt Lahey, D, Nanaimo (BCHL)
211. Jackson Smithknecht, D, Rogers (HIGH-MN)

Reactions: Blueswin

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

St. Louis Blues
I would be very deflated if that happened. Jiricek is such a wildcard, though. Just not sure I want to take that risk.

Edit: Wheeler’s mock (just released) has Blues taking Solberg, Stiga, and Zether. I’d be happy with that.

Last edited:

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Celebrini, Macklin
1​
Demidov, Ivan
2​
Dickinson, Sam
3​
Buium, Zeev
4​
Levshunov, Artyom
5​
Lindstrom, Caden
6​
Sennecke, Beckett
7​
Silayev, Anton
8​
Catton, Berkly
9​
iginla, Tij
10​
Freij, Alfons
11​
Solberg, Stian
12​
Yakemchuk, Carter
13​
Emery, EJ
14​
Luchanko, Jett
15​
Helenius, Konsta
16​
Eiserman, Cole
17​
Parekh, Zayne
18​
Brandsegg-Nygard, Michael
19​
Badinka, Dominik
20​
Surin, Yegor
21​
Elick, Charlie
22​
Hage, Michael
23​
Artamonov, Nikita
24​
Basha, Andrew
25​
Stiga, Teddy
26​
Ericksson, Linus
27​
Pulkkinen, Jesse
28​
Hemming, Emil
29​
Chernyshov, Igor
30​
Ritchie, Ryder
31​
Beaudoin, Cole
32​
Pettersson, Lucas
33​
Brunicke, Harrison
34​
Mustard, John
35​
Greentree, Liam
36​
Vanacker, Marek
37​
Kleber, Adam
38​
Jiricek, Adam
39​
Boisvert, Sasha
40​
Mews, Henry
41​
Letourneau, Dean
42​
Parascak, Terik
43​
Danford, Ben
44​
Shuravin, Matvei
45​
Gill, Spencer
46​
Marrelli, Luca
47​
Misa, Luke
48​
Miettinen, Julius
49​
Howe, Tanner
50​
Sahlin Wallenius, LeoHM
Fischer, LukasHM
Wetsch, CarsonHM
Roberts, coltonHM
Battaglia, JacobHM
Villeneuve, NathanHM
He, KevinHM
Traff, HermanHM
Spellacy, AJHM
Johannson, LokeWC
Svensson, JoelWC
Rep, OzbejWC
Sjoqvist, GustavWC

Top 50 w/ honorable mentions and Wild cards I would like to see the Blues draft.

Last edited:

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Massive data overload for numbers nerds.... This is a compilation of rankings and mocks that I kept throughout the year. Starting from beginning of year to the end. It's not complete. I do need to update heights and weights. and add some more comparative formulas into it, but enjoy nonetheless. Lots of reading. lots of research. Sift through the garbage and guess wrong too....haha.

Attachments

• NHL Draft 2024 (version 1).xlsb.xlsx
    334.8 KB · Views: 2

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
The closer we get to this draft, the move convinced I am that there will be a really good prospect available at #16. And with this year being so wide open in terms of rankings, it seems prime for picks to be traded and good scouting teams to take advantage. I'm liking the way this is shaping up for the Blues.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Massive data overload for numbers nerds.... This is a compilation of rankings and mocks that I kept throughout the year. Starting from beginning of year to the end. It's not complete. I do need to update heights and weights. and add some more comparative formulas into it, but enjoy nonetheless. Lots of reading. lots of research. Sift through the garbage and guess wrong too....haha.

Browsing through your list. This was.... a lot of work, haha. You mad man, haha! Appreciate the hard work!

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

St. Louis Blues
Here’s who I would’ve ended go with (next highest on my board in parentheses).

16. Luchanko (MBN)
48. Freij (Basha)
56. Shuravin (Brunicke)
81. Brunicke (Fransen)
95. Fransen (T. Smith)
113. T. Smith (Skahan)
145. Skahan (He)
209. Swanson
211. Hendrickson

At 209, all of my top 100 were gone so of my HMs, I considered Swanson, Lassila, Hendrickson and Suoniemi. I really wanted to pick Lassila but also wanted to pick a goalie so went with Hendrickson.

Observations:

Do I have some of the D rated too high? I know the Blues need D so did I subconsciously like some of the d-men better than I should have? Most of the time the next highest guy on my board was still available the next time a Blues pick came up.

If the draft played out like this, there’s no way I’d actually pick 5 lefty d-men. I believe in BPA early in the draft but starting at pick 95 and beyond I’m probably taking a couple of He, Misa and Villeneuve instead of the LDs. If the Blues had their 6th (177th overall) both Villeneuve and Misa were available there in Pronman’s mock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad