2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
I'm hoping that they will come out of this draft with a goaltender. Take a swing on one of these Belarusian/Russian guys like Moysevich, Obvintsev, or Zarubin. Assuming Commesso is a full time player by 2025, the only prospect they'll have between the pipes at that point is Gajan

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Let's say the Hawks go Levshunov at #2 and one of Yakemchuk or Parekh falls all the way to 18, do you take them over MBN or Hage?

I definitely would, but that also means we have a surplus of defensemen (EDM, Vlasic, Allen, Levshunov, Korchinski, Jones, Rinzel, Kaiser, and Yakemchuk/Parekh). We would have to trade a few to acquire other needs up front. I don't think we have any surefire #1 or #2 centers in the system. Nazar/Bedard strike me more as wings and Oliver Moore feels more like a 3C

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Let's say the Hawks go Levshunov at #2 and one of Yakemchuk or Parekh falls all the way to 18, do you take them over MBN or Hage?

I definitely would, but that also means we have a surplus of defensemen (EDM, Vlasic, Allen, Levshunov, Korchinski, Jones, Rinzel, Kaiser, and Yakemchuk/Parekh). We would have to trade a few to acquire other needs up front. I don't think we have any surefire #1 or #2 centers in the system. Nazar/Bedard strike me more as wings and Oliver Moore feels more like a 3C
The Bedard opinion is going to unpopular but I agree. I think best case you have 2 way centres with size like Florida does with Barkov/bennett and flank them with our skilled guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad