2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The #18 targets in the range from16-21 that KD couid be deciding on unless somebody rankedvin the top 15 on the BobMckenzie final ranking (10 NHL scouts poll) falls and whom they like better(?):

16.Adam Jiricek RD
17.Micael Brdsegg-Nygaard RW
18.Liam Greetnree w
19.Jett LuchanloC/RW
20 STIAN SOLBER GLD
21 Chernyshov
24 .Michael Hage C/RW

I think Greentree is out..does not check the skating box for KD.

If they take Demidov at#2 then need at RD may prevail and IF Jiricek there ,I think KD may bite.

Even though we are stronger in pipeline at LD, would still take Solberg over Jiricek . I THINK HAWKS NEED MORE physicality on D..

If they take Levshunov at #2, they will not Double down on RD with Jiricek if still on the board at#18 ..they could go Solberg and forgoe any forward in first round in such scenario..but I think KD would take a forward ...Brandsegg-Nygaard * /Luchanko* Chernyshov*/ or Hage* if still on the board ..Oneonta two of these forwards likely picked before 18. Do not know how KD's board ranks them.

Justc aying...barring a trade using thec18th pick,these seem to be likeliest scenarios for the pick.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
The #18 targets in the range from16-21 that KD couid be deciding on unless somebody rankedvin the top 15 on the BobMckenzie final ranking (10 NHL scouts poll) falls and whom they like better(?):

16.Adam Jiricek RD
17.Micael Brdsegg-Nygaard RW
18.Liam Greetnree w
19.Jett LuchanloC/RW
20 STIAN SOLBER GLD
21 Chernyshov
24 .Michael Hage C/RW

I think Greentree is out..does not check the skating box for KD.

If they take Demidov at#2 then need at RD may prevail and IF Jiricek there ,I think KD may bite.

Even though we are stronger in pipeline at LD, would still take Solberg over Jiricek . I THINK HAWKS NEED MORE physicality on D..

If they take Levshunov at #2, they will not Double down on RD with Jiricek if still on the board at#18 ..they could go Solberg and forgoe any forward in first round in such scenario..but I think KD would take a forward ...Brandsegg-Nygaard * /Luchanko* Chernyshov*/ or Hage* if still on the board ..Oneonta two of these forwards likely picked before 18. Do not know how KD's board ranks them.

Justc aying...barring a trade using thec18th pick,these seem to be likeliest scenarios for the pick.
I honestly hope we get Stian Solberg just for you. I will be thinking of you on the weekend, Fiddy. Not unlike basically every other weekend 😘

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I just can't believe that there are teams who even think there's a player head and shoulders above the rest that is worth moving up to 2nd overall to grab.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Wonder who teams are targeting
maybe a team in top 5-10 know that hawks are leaning defense and want to see if they'll move back and be ok with dickinson, buium etc instead of levshunov and move up team would take a forward

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I just can't believe that there are teams who even think there's a player head and shoulders above the rest that is worth moving up to 2nd overall to grab.

Demidov.jpg

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Barely.

40% of polled scouts don't have him at 2.

60% of the scouts think he's the 2nd best player in the draft.

30% think it's Levshunov.

I forget who has that last 10% and no other player got a vote for 2nd best.

In a vote for the 2nd best player in the draft, Demidov got 6 of the 10 votes.

By that definition there is a consensus that he is "head and shoulders" above the rest.

Just nod in agreement with Bob. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad