Injury Report: Playoff Injury Report - McDavid Needs Abdominal Surgery, Draisaitl Broken Rib, and more!

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Just think - if the rest of the team could have just been good enough, either of McDrai could have done the Vegas Act and done LTIR for the year.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Why would you be critical of Henrique? He played great.
Drai is the one who played like he was badly injured, which he was of course.

It's a damn miracle that the Oilers made it this far with their top guys sustaining significant injuries. The Oilers got really lucky with health in the regular season and it caught up to them in the playoffs.

McDavid was injured all season basically and still had 132 points, almost broke the playoff scoring record and won a Conn Smythe lol. This is absolute legend stuff that even Gretzky would be envious of. If McDavid wins a few Cups here and plays a big part in it, he might go down as the best player ever. Yeah, I said it.
I'm just nervous about Henrique's foot speed, I feel like he's not a guy you can sign if you think his offence isn't going to be there (considering the cost I assume he'll come in at). But I had forgotten about his injury, that's not an easy one to play through and he was likely still feeling it in the final.

His production actually wasn't bad as an Oiler down the stretch.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
If you play the two on the same line their work load goes down.

Obviously you need a new center added to the line up

MV5BZWViZDNiNGYtNWZmYi00YmFjLWIyMjAtNzVmMWU5N2QyZTgxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTExNzIzNjg4._V1_.jpg

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If McDavid and Drai are healthy to start the year, they need to start considering managing their workloads more so they have more in the tank come playoff time.
DOnt think fuel in tank matters much when someone in playoffs decides to break your ribs.

If you play the two on the same line their work load goes down.

Obviously you need a new center added to the line up
Tee team has like 7 centers. I dont think lack of middle 6 C would be the main issue

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I think he's honestly a Nucks fan, so we know how they do with that.
You know I'm not, but if posting this stuff in the web makes your life happier then keep it coming.

DOnt think fuel in tank matters much when someone in playoffs decides to break your ribs.

Tee team has like 7 centers. I dont think lack of middle 6 C would be the main issue
What is the main issue then? We put them together in game 7 for the 3rd and offence was generated. With them apart the top two lines did very little.

In regards to work load going down it may help prevent injuries.

As for cross checking? It's ridiculous. Time to re write the rule book

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You know I'm not, but if posting this stuff in the web makes your life happier then keep it coming.

What is the main issue then? We put them together in game 7 for the 3rd and offence was generated. With them apart the top two lines did very little.
The main issue is the team still needs another top 6 winger so they can stop filling vacant spots with a revolving door of 3rd/4th liners. If Kane can't return to form then they might even need 2.

If you load up McDrai it's probably with Hyman. RNH will accomplish nothing going out with guys like Foegele, Holloway, etc. If you want to "manage the load" on the big guns, get some guys who can actually contribute away from them.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The main issue is the team still needs another top 6 winger so they can stop filling vacant spots with a revolving door of 3rd/4th liners. If Kane can't return to form then they might even need 2.
I agree I think this could work

Nuge Mcdavid Hyman
XXX Drai Holloway

or

xxxx Mcdavid Drai
xxx Nuge Hyman

Adding Buch, Arvidsson or whoever would really help this team

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Just shows how important depth is. If McDrai have to carry the team through 82 games + playoffs, the risk of health issues grows exponentially, especially the older they become. I would love to see the third line, that has been so good during this playoff-run, to continue their performance in the regular season, giving McDrai the chance to be passengers in some games (sorry if you've got tickets for those ones).

It just sucks to think about how a healthy Draisaitl alone would probably have been enough to win the cup.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
If McDavid and Drai are healthy to start the year, they need to start considering managing their workloads more so they have more in the tank come playoff time.
If we hadn’t started as bad as we did I think this would have been more than possible this season. Even though we were fighting back all year we managed to give Connor some rest at the end.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

In regards to work load going down it may help prevent injuries.

As for cross checking? It's ridiculous. Time to re write the rule book
The issue was that no one had any finish.. buzzing around on PP or ES means nothing when you can't hit the net.
Henrique was our best C in the last 2 games. His line the best.

Others were just too banged up .

Like I said, PP cost us the cup.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Injuries can happen at any time, of course, but what all of these injuries also tell me besides some shitty luck,, is that a good start is essential for a season, so proper rest and the use of all four lines will provide benefits going into the playoff season. As well, the quicker you can eliminate a team and get rested for the next round is crucial, and also reduces the chance of injuries happening by virtue of playing less games. Hopefully the team learned this important lesson this year. It's very cool and impressive they had the ability to fight back, but much easier to play ahead.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The main issue is Draisaitl was hurt and couldn't generate anything on his own. As for the top six generating little with them apart, that's not true, McDavid's line generated plenty, they just couldn't score.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The main issue is Draisaitl was hurt and couldn't generate anything on his own. As for the top six generating little with them apart, that's not true, McDavid's line generated plenty, they just couldn't score.
I'm not sure Nuge Mcdavid is good enough in the playoffs. You really think that line generated plenty in game 7?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I'm not sure Nuge Mcdavid is good enough in the playoffs. You really think that line generated plenty in game 7?

I think they were fine in Game 7 and throughout the playoffs.

Right now the team really needs a top 6 winger who can play with Draisaitl. If you staple 29 to 97 full time, you need a top 6 winger AND a top 6 C to take 29's spot. Why bother when both players have shown they can drive their own lines (when healthy)? The problem with this team isn't production at the top of the roster, it's that they get their shit pushed in when 29 and 97 are off the ice. Throwing all your eggs in one basket just makes that problem worse.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The best defensive team in the world played textbook shut down hockey in game 7. McDavid and Draisaitl didn't generate much in game 7 either, in case you didn't notice. The Panthers played good defensive hockey.
Doesn't change my opinion that Nuge is the guy for Mcdavid's line. He's too small. Like Fury said at the very least we need another legit top 6 winger for Drai.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad