2024 Copa América

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Thanks. I know nothing about how international soccer operates but I’ll gladly take the advantage in the 3rd place game.
Some of the players were already suspended or injured.. I assume there will be review of video to see who did what. Darwin was certainly front and center... I cannot see how Uruguay don't garner suspensions and other sanctions.

This is one reason why not having sections at the COPA is a problem. It's a ticket free for all and you could see Uruguayan and Columbian fans in almost every shot of the crowd. Few drunk idiots and it's game on.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Right. There’s so very different. Neymar whines and rolls around all the time literally nothing different from what RDP does he doesn’t play for PSG nor is he French so he should be banned. Plenty of divers from your team and cheaters too. But that’s ok.

Apologize for what? It’s painfully obvious you haven’t got over that and it’s really pathetic. You are married with children. Show some maturity and move on.
I have never needed to "get over" the WC final. I have no problem with it, except when you act like Argentina won by a landslide.

And I never said 'Neymar didn' t dive so once again you try to deflect and failed to do so.

And you conviniently choose to ignore you insulted me twice because you couldn't read my initial post properly.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Some of the players were already suspended or injured.. I assume there will be review of video to see who did what. Darwin was certainly front and center... I cannot see how Uruguay don't garner suspensions and other sanctions.

This is one reason why not having sections at the COPA is a problem. It's a ticket free for all and you could see Uruguayan and Columbian fans in almost every shot of the crowd. Few drunk idiots and it's game on.

CONMEBOL need to get their act together. No automatic offside technology, awful pitches and no goal line technology either.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah this is basically the result of no sections and no family area and just having everyone sit together. Meanwhile on the field it’s basically Last of the Mohicans during the game, one of the most blood and thunder games that you'll ever see played. Really wish I could go to a game like that one. Bound to be tons of hurt feelings. I was sitting here watching the game knowing something would happen at the end because the players had long ago left their benches and the officials never made them sit back down.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Colombia wins in Miami….lol
1720685914403.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Power Man

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Lol dumbass. The excuse is that he's protecting his family but his family's already been removed from the scene and he's just going in there vengeful to throw punches while cops try to hold him back. Ban.

If the Uruguan federation isn't doing it, how hard it is for those players to hire 3-5 security personnel for a few hours to be in the stands with their families and the cost split amongst the the whole squad.

Would seem much smarter than bunch of well paid players to start fighting with fans risking injuries etc.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
CONMEBOL need to get their act together. No automatic offside technology, awful pitches and no goal line technology either.
To be fair this one is more an NFL team/owner. Atlanta and Charlotte for sure (not sure about the other host cities but all more than probable here too) are using artificial turf normally at the stadiums so that they can host some of the larger concerts that are going around, but they brought in grass for Copa. And the end result there is inevitable: the pitch is shit because it's not the usual stuff at these stadiums. Can't say I'd be hurt in the slightest if the NFL and MLS mandated grass instead of turf but that'll never happen.

Yeah this is basically the result of no sections and no family area and just having everyone sit together. Meanwhile on the field it’s basically Last of the Mohicans during the game, one of the most blood and thunder games that you'll ever see played. Really wish I could go to a game like that one. Bound to be tons of hurt feelings. I was sitting here watching the game knowing something would happen at the end because the players had long ago left their benches and the officials never made them sit back down.
So here's the weird thing, I saw/heard of absolutely no incidents between fans in the stands in any of the sections surrounding mine last night. I'm sure there were some but hell there's usually some at any given MLS game between supporters of the same damn team. Seeing the videos of that post-game is honestly kindof surreal given what the atmosphere was in the stadium.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If the Uruguan federation isn't doing it, how hard it is for those players to hire 3-5 security personnel for a few hours to be in the stands with their families and the cost split amongst the the whole squad.

Would seem much smarter than bunch of well paid players to start fighting with fans risking injuries etc.
You aren't going to these games thinking your family will be attacked....

It's been said but CONMEBOL needs to do better here.

Reactions: sabremike and DaveG

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Nothing is stopping them, but there shouldn't be a reason they have to do that, either

Reactions: Rob

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I have never needed to "get over" the WC final. I have no problem with it, except when you act like Argentina won by a landslide.

And I never said 'Neymar didn' t dive so once again you try to deflect and failed to do so.

And you conviniently choose to ignore you insulted me twice because you couldn't read my initial post properly.
I would believe you but you constantly bring up refs and call the win a miracle, you clearly think the WC was undeserved. So too bad so sad we can all see how bitter you are.

Nope no deflection, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

I’d never insult you outrightly. When I say you have amnesia or Alzheimers I’m totally kidding as this is a serious illness I wouldn’t wish on anyone. My uncle suffers from it. Plus you’re one of the very few I like or don’t mind on here.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’m just wondering if Argentina playing this tournament so far without the need to take it out of 3rd/4th gear will be a problem for them in the final.

Colombia has looked better imo, and are more recently battle tested vs quality teams like Brazil and Uruguay. Argentina conversely has marched to the final without having had to play anyone higher than 30th in FIFA rank.

Reactions: DaveG and luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad