2024 Copa América

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I’m no Islamic scholar but it’s to protect their modesty.
Let me help you : It's NOT in Quran. CERTAIN interpretations of Quran say hijab is a necessity, but it was never in Quran.
The interpretations are founded on hijab protecting from men's desires. So as to not draw their attention and desires because they can't "control themselves".

Now, explain to me again what is free and what isn't?
Like it or not, laicité prevents that kind of stuff. You might not like the rule, but again, respect it. I think it's a great rule. To prevent religious extremisms from any religion.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Let me help you : It's NOT in Quran. CERTAIN interpretations of Quran say hijab is a necessity, but it was never in Quran.
The interpretations are founded on hijab protecting from men's desires. So as to not draw their attention and desires because they can't "control themselves".

Now, explain to me again what is free and what isn't?
Like it or not, laicité prevents that kind of stuff. You might not like the rule, but again, respect it. I think it's a great rule. To prevent religious extremisms from any religion.
lol what relevance is that? It’s part of their religion regardless.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
To add to the point I grew up in a city that was part of the Othman Empire until about 150 years ago, so of course I had Muslims ALL around me, including in my family. I had never seen a hijab or a burka in real life till I visited Germany in my mid twenties.

I'm sure that there are Muslims on this forum who can clear up if it's in the Coran or not, but at least when it comes to Balkan Muslims nobody wears any kind of head/face covering.

Reactions: Evilo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
To add to the point I grew up in a city that was part of the Othman Empire until about 150 years ago, so of course I had Muslims ALL around me, including in my family. I had never seen a hijab or a burka in real life till I visited Germany in my mid twenties.

I'm sure that there are Muslims on this forum who can clear up if it's in the Coran or not, but at least when it comes to Balkan Muslims nobody wears any kind of head/face covering.
I don’t think anyone should take you seriously consider your previous posts but good on you for trying .

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Enzo still can't get away from this.

Now, he can't control the crowd, and it must have been a nice thought to be able to parade in front of your childhood club...but maybe he could have anticipated there being a chance of this happening.

He probably can't say anything about this without insulting someone...

Enzo Fernandez attends boyhood club as whole stadium sings racist song
You misunderstand, it's a culture thing. They're not really racist and our itty bitty European brains can't comprehend that.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Days later waiting for a response…
What do you want to know?

No, I'm not excusing the backwards POV of some (or most) of the Croatian NT members due to their religious background or lack of education and critical thinking.

I also don't believe most of them are bad people, just lacking that basic education and are ignorant.

I don't believe Enzo is an evil person either, just ignorant and uneducated.

The difference is that the entire (or most) or Argentine media and politicans (and athletes) seem to be doubling down on this racist BS, instead of apologizing and hoping it goes away.

You as well seem to be fighting tooth and nail to circumvent the whole thing, blaming others, doing the whole whataboutism thing etc.

Your boys did a racist, transphobic thing. Not for the first time.
But do go on deflecting etc.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What do you want to know?

No, I'm not excusing the backwards POV of some (or most) of the Croatian NT members due to their religious background or lack of education and critical thinking.

I also don't believe most of them are bad people, just lacking that basic education and are ignorant.

I don't believe Enzo is an evil person either, just ignorant and uneducated.

The difference is that the entire (or most) or Argentine media and politicans (and athletes) seem to be doubling down on this racist BS, instead of apologizing and hoping it goes away.

You as well seem to be fighting tooth and nail to circumvent the whole thing, blaming others, doing the whole whataboutism thing etc.

Your boys did a racist, transphobic thing. Not for the first time.
But do go on deflecting etc.
Below is my first post after the copa match. What deflection and whataboutism? I asked for them to be suspended for months, fine and some sort of community work...I implore you what could have said to make it better?

I am simply highlighting the people who want to score points in this travesty. Being a champion against racism but ignoring it when it comes to their country. I dont see you calling it out when its Croatia thats being racist seemingly every match based on my google search. As for the Argentinean president well if you know anything about him you are hardly surprised. A known bigot and an idiot. I also called out those players who defend Enzo.

The song is racist and Enzo and co were being racists. At best if you want to give them the benefit of the doubt (they quite frankly dont deserve it) they were being Xenophobic. The song is textbook racism though since its rooted in white nationalism. The comments defending Enzo from the usual suspects are just as bad. There's really nothing to justify it with and I would hope Enzo and whoever sang the song get punished, I doubt they will but if Fifa is serious about stop racism here is your chance. 6+ month ban, BIG fine to the players and the AFA and have them do some sort of public outreach program. Never gonna happen though sadly and it'll just blow over. I happy I dont know any of those guys personally although Im a firm believe most a racist knowingly or unknowingly.

Now I searched up the Rakitic incident...

Here's you claiming it was out of context(before claiming it was actually HF posters who made it up) when no matter the context those words are homophobic and racists but because Ivan is a nice guy somehow he isnt a racist and cant be racist. Claiming that it was 7 years ago which somehow makes it less bad? SO please spare me your faux outrage.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I knew Canada had to be up to something to go to the semifinals when they shouldn't have even got out of that group, and here we are.

• Haha
Reactions: al secord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad