Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I did a quick calculation to compare Michkov's D+1 (last season) in the KHL and Demidov's D+1 (this season in the KHL) and wanted to compare their point totals per 60 mins played. Michkov played more minutes last season in Sochi (not counting more PP time as well) than Demidov for SKA.

Points per 60 minutes played

Demidov 3.6 Pts/ 60 minutes

Michkov 3.04 Pts/ 60 minutes

Again this is just for fun, but interesting anyways.

Always my #2 in 2024 draft and I always prefer him to Michkov. But that's my preference, both complete each other perfectly, that would be fun to have both, but a team isn't build with just only wingers.

Demidov should have gone easily #2 in 2024 draft. He is very close to Celebrini in term of talent//potential.

We are very lucky to have that type of talent at 5.

Jul 6, 2016
Always my #2 in 2024 draft and I always prefer him to Michkov. But that's my preference, both complete each other perfectly, that would be fun to have both, but a team isn't build with just only wingers.

Demidov should have gone easily #2 in 2024 draft. He is very close to Celebrini in term of talent//potential.

We are very lucky to have that type of talent at 5.
Sometimes Habs are lucky: Demidov, Hutson, Caufield, Guhle, Slaf, Hage, Fowler…..

• Love
Reactions: KevSkillz4

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Laine-Dach-Demidov should give hope to everyone, especially Dach.
If we're lucky enough to get to see Demidov and Laine play on the same line next year it'll be nice to actually have a dangerous 2nd line for once.

Unless we see Dach stay healthy this whole season and improve his faceoffs significantly then I'm hoping we target a 2C this off season. I'm not sure 2C is in the cards for him at this point, but we'll need someone to buy time for Hage/our 2025 first pick.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
4 assists in 11:56 min of icetime up to now

He is averaging 12:18 in ice time before this game while not getting time on PP1. He is still is putting up insane numbers while basically being sabotaged by his head coach for not signing an extension in Russia.

The only way that other teams can stop this kid is by praying that his own coach benches him.

15 points in the 14 games where he has received greater than 7 minutes of ice time. Without PP1.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
If we're lucky enough to get to see Demidov and Laine play on the same line next year it'll be nice to actually have a dangerous 2nd line for once.

Unless we see Dach stay healthy this whole season and improve his faceoffs significantly then I'm hoping we target a 2C this off season. I'm not sure 2C is in the cards for him at this point, but we'll need someone to buy time for Hage/our 2025 first pick.
It's up to Dach to get better. I'm not as worried about faceoffs as others, but improvements on all aspects of the game is needed for him. I think a bigger issue for Dach is to figure out how to become a better shooter.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Seems like you want it both ways: an excuse for the Habs possibly making the wrong pick, but not to be seen as complaining about it

The neverending cycle of blaming The Bad Fans for everything wrong…

I’m tired of conspiracy theorists passing off fiction as fact.
The Habs and every other organization in the NHL, or any other sport who drafts, will make bad picks. I accept it. You won't see me complain about it because, 1, I don't like complaining, and 2, I know no one wants to read about it.

You know very well that insider information usually stays that way, inside, and never becomes public. You're cry for facts, in a world of opinion and hearsay, is a cop out. You know the Habs either preferred Reinbacher or there were issues with Michkov, maybe both. Disregarding one of them for the sake of attempting to be right is laughable and you know better.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Maybe we can scale back the ice time freak outs.

Whether he plays 15 mins in a game or 5 mins in a game or doesn't dress.

He's an elite prospect and this kinda stuff won’t change that.

Calma…..

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
I did a quick calculation to compare Michkov's D+1 (last season) in the KHL and Demidov's D+1 (this season in the KHL) and wanted to compare their point totals per 60 mins played. Michkov played more minutes last season in Sochi (not counting more PP time as well) than Demidov for SKA.

Points per 60 minutes played

Demidov 3.6 Pts/ 60 minutes

Michkov 3.04 Pts/ 60 minutes

Again this is just for fun, but interesting anyways.
Thank you. I was going to post and ask if someone had this. You should put on main boards in demidov threads too!

I have no doubt michkov will be a great player but since the first time watching demidov i've just always felt he's bit better.

I can't believe he's a Hab, Thank you Kent/bobrov

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Demidov has an ave PP TOI of 0:34 and 5 on 3 PP TOI it's 0:00

This was his 2nd multi-point game of the season, he has 8 pts in those 2 games.

Before they cut his TOI down and took him off the PP (he has yet to be back on the PP for more then 0:02 in any game since) he was at a .8 ppg, today it's back up to a .78 ppg. The KHL record for most points is held by the Wild's Kaprisov and he did it with a .86 ppg.

Reactions: Andrei79

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Gotta remember that low ice time only effects stats and experience, not development. Practice, coaching, off-ice training and just playing professionally (among countless other things) will all contribute to his development.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Laine-Dach-Demidov should give hope to everyone, especially Dach.
The way everything's gone to shit this season (and last) i feel like this is some near impossible probability now lol. Like something's bound to stop it from happening.

It's aight tho, Martone will make a fine replacement for whoever's missing.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm thinking Selke 1st line center here , why not , mamba mentality

Before the season started I badly hoped that SKA would send him to the VHL and go with this as the 1st line,

V.Romanov I.Demidov S.Demidov

I hope the Habs at least consider developing him at center, he badly needs to improve his lower body strength and work on being more explosive in his 1st steps but once he fills out a little more and gets stronger he could be that 1st line center one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad