GWT: Champions League - League Stage

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Barca winning and fans are complaining about refs we are so back. Uefalona!

Missed most of the first half but made it in time for the 3rd goal. What a ball by Casado. Personally he’s done enough to stay in the team. Regardless of who comes back. The boy can play even tho he’s not the most hyped player.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Raph exploding this season. Olmo was just talking about his influence the other day. His work ethic out there is an example of leading by example.
Raphinha is quickly becoming everything we had hoped Neymar would be by now. And nobody saw it coming, management had been trying to get rid of him for 2 years before Flick came.

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Re: that second goal, Henry just said if it’s the defender making that play on the striker it’s never called.

Anyway, if we want to talk about refs, Kimmich pulled Lamine back by his shirt and pulled another player back, neither of which were what he was carded for. I mean I get it, Kimmich is in love with Barca and who can blame him, but still.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Re: that second goal, Henry just said if it’s the defender making that play on the striker it’s never called.

Anyway, if we want to talk about refs, Kimmich pulled Lamine back by his shirt and pulled another player back, neither of which were what he was carded for. I mean I get it, Kimmich is in love with Barca and who can blame him, but still.
It would be very soft, the defender just needs to be stronger or take a dive and fall to the ground. He did neither and didn’t get the call.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Raphinha is quickly becoming everything we had hoped Neymar would be by now. And nobody saw it coming, management had been trying to get rid of him for 2 years before Flick came.

Yeah, I would have sanctioned his sale this Summer (though there are plenty of other players I’d have sold instead of him). Happy to say I was wrong. IMO this is part the player, but also Flick. Flicks influence can be seen on multiple players.

It would be very soft, the defender just needs to be stronger or take a dive and fall to the ground. He did neither and didn’t get the call.

I actually agree with @Evilo that the fact he’s in the air matters. However, Fermin isn’t that strong and the push is indeed slight. For me it’s like I said, we’ve seen worse and it isn’t always called.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, I would have sanctioned his sale this Summer (though there are plenty of other players I’d have sold instead of him). Happy to say I was wrong. IMO this is part the player, but also Flick. Flicks influence can be seen on multiple players.
His attitude as been exemplary he bet on himself and won. I’d give him the arm band full time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lille getting a pen at Atletico for no reason...

And David sinks it.
The replays show it's a Lille player handling the ball. No idea how VAR didn't say anything.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And Lille wins at Atletico 3-1.
Beat both Madrid teams. Atletico hadn't lost in 3 years at home.

Still that penalty call is just wrong.

Lille, who had a terrible draw, has now 6 points after facing 3 of their top 5 opponents. If they get some points out of the 3 "easier" games, they should be through. Something like 7 more points.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The current state of German football is sad and pathetic. Not only is the Bundesliga miles behind the premiere league and La Liga but the national team continues to descend into mediocrity. Where is all this young German talent?? There’s literally TWO players(Wirtz and Musiala) worth a damn that are still young and promising. And they basically play the same position/fill the same role. No strikers. No defenders. Nobody to replace Kroos in the holding midfield. It’s all garbage compared to what other typical world football powers currently possess. What a train wreck. German football federation all the way down to the youth academy needs to be completely torn down and rebuilt from scratch. That’s how bad it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad