Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
His point totals are a farce right now.. he should have way more points and he's making so many plays with sub 14 minutes of ice time and sparing PP time.
Still better than 0's across the board and like 8 mins or something icetime really tho
Still better than VHL and MHL
Just have to wait that 1 year, we waited *2* years for each Hutson and Caufield
We'll take it how we can get it lol

I mean Sennecke, Levshunov, Lindstrom are hurt, Iginla banged up
I'm glad he's playing at all lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Still better than 0's across the board and like 8 mins or something icetime really tho
Still better than VHL and MHL
Just have to wait that 1 year, we waited *2* years for each Hutson and Caufield
We'll take it how we can get it lol

I mean Sennecke, Levshunov, Lindstrom are hurt, Iginla banged up
I'm glad he's playing at all lol
He has been really good. He isn't just getting minutes, he is making a difference.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I followed Michkov’s games last season. He was very opportunistic but didn’t dominate the play like Demidov does. Michkov also looked like a kid playing with men. Demidov looks just as fast, big and strong as anyone else. Pointless to argue on the main board over this. But I much prefer what I see in the KHL from Demidov than what I saw from Michkov.

100%

I always prefer Demidov than Michkov, even as a Habs fan... People will say that I'm biased, but it's easy to see that Demidov is bigger, more fun to watch, better IQ and defensive also. Michkov and Demidov complete each other perfectly, so that would be so fun to have both, but I prefer to have Demidov.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I followed Michkov’s games last season. He was very opportunistic but didn’t dominate the play like Demidov does. Michkov also looked like a kid playing with men. Demidov looks just as fast, big and strong as anyone else. Pointless to argue on the main board over this. But I much prefer what I see in the KHL from Demidov than what I saw from Michkov.
From what I saw from Michkov, he has incredible hands, positioning, vision and can put the puck in near the net like JVR, but he isn't a play driver, he often do too much fancy unnecessary moves with the puck. To me he is isn't a line driver BUT he will be a top finisher and the most dangerous threat on PP. Demidov on the other hand is less dangerous around the net, less finishing skills but has more mobility, shifty, passing and playmaking.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
From what I saw from Michkov, he has incredible hands, positioning, vision and can put the puck in near the net like JVR, but he isn't a play driver, he often do too much fancy unnecessary moves with the puck. To me he is isn't a line driver BUT he will be a top finisher and the most dangerous threat on PP. Demidov on the other hand is less dangerous around the net, less finishing skills but has more mobility, shifty, passing and playmaking.
Demidov’s real area of focus this season should be shot release and variety. Michkov is ahead. Demidov IMO is ahead in everything else. Michkov will need to score tons of goals in the NHL, and I mean tons to compensate for all of Demidov’s other elite attributes,

Reactions: SwiftyHab and Maitz

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I like Suzuki but he’s not a play driver at even strength. If Laine works out and stays long term, Demidov will be a better fit than MM would have been (HuGo was never taking both).

Reactions: Maitz

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I like Suzuki but he’s not a play driver at even strength. If Laine works out and stays long term, Demidov will be a better fit than MM would have been (HuGo was never taking both).
But at the same time a line with Dach/Suzuki-Michkov and Demidov would be one of the best in the NHL

Demidov’s real area of focus this season should be shot release and variety. Michkov is ahead. Demidov IMO is ahead in everything else. Michkov will need to score tons of goals in the NHL, and I mean tons to compensate for all of Demidov’s other elite attributes,
I don't want to use the term "unidimensional" because I think he brings more to the table than just goals but Michkov outside of offense I think he will often cost his team goals. Demidov care about defense which makes him a candidate to be a really complete player

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I still would like to have a good pool of offensive players to hope pan out than putting all my eggs in one basket. I would have liked Michkov in that pool. I like his fire and determination in the offensive zone. But I also like Reinbacher...

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
It's going to be a long year waiting for this kid to come over and play for the Habs. I don't think I've ever followed the KHL so closely before :laugh:. This kid's hockey IQ and sick mitts are off the charts I can't wait to see him in a Habs jersey on the ice for us.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
It's going to be a long year waiting for this kid to come over and play for the Habs. I don't think I've ever followed the KHL so closely before :laugh:. This kid's hockey IQ and sick mitts are off the charts I can't wait to see him in a Habs jersey on the ice for us.

Me too man I can't wait, me too!!

Reactions: Pickles

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

To me the comparison is pointless. They are very different players. Demidov is by far better at creating space for himself and his teammates but Michkov has such a shot and an ability to create the space he needs for that shot that it s hard to picture how he won t become a top goal scorer. Who has the most impact remains to be seen.

Demidov showing is impressive but in the future let s hope he manages to get those points that he could have had. ;)

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Exiting little thought that I know a lot of you have picked up on already

Last regular season game for SKA is March 22nd while the Habs regular season end on April 15. There is a scenario here where we see Demidov in a Habs uniform for at least the last 3 weeks of the season.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Exiting little thought that I know a lot of you have picked up on already

Last regular season game for SKA is March 22nd while the Habs regular season end on April 15. There is a scenario here where we see Demidov in a Habs uniform for at least the last 3 weeks of the season.

SKA probably going to make the playoffs though right?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's nice to see Ivan get off the schneid.
I've already seen enough in the games I've watched to not watch anymore. :sarcasm:
Is it wrong to wish we were already in the 2025/26 season when we haven't played 2024/25. :help:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
How do the playoffs work there?

The same as everywhere, till you win 4 games, not sure about will they play every other day, but they usually do. The fact of matter is teams in the KHL are pretty close nowadays, especially those which make playoffs so with SKA playoffs suckage they can lose even in the 1st round.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad