Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah he did and Randulic had 0 chances to score and is still getting loads of ice time. Demidov is getting chances and creating. That means things will fall.

Rotenberg was gonna bench him regardless. He wasn't warranted being benched in that 3rd.

Rendulic scored his goal when he had a chance, and Kuznetsov scored. And Demidov has 1 casual assist on PP in 3 games.

Yeah, people say he looked good, but in Russia it doesn't work this way. Here you'd better look bad and score than look good and don't score.

When your team has lost 2 games out of 3 and you don't have a lot of goals and points nobody gives a damn for your age and your skill. Especially if your team is SKA.

Actually I expected this situation and said it would be better for him to play in the VHL with a lot of TOI and no pressure. On SKA he will have to earn his playing time, and the only way to earn it is to score goals or helpers. Otherwise he'll be warming the bench...

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Rendulic scored his goal when he had a chance, and Kuznetsov scored. And Demidov has 1 casual assist on PP in 3 games.

Yeah, people say he looked good, but in Russia it doesn't work this way. Here you'd better look bad and score than look good and don't score.

When your team has lost 2 games out of 3 and you don't have a lot of goals and points nobody gives a damn for your age and your skill. Especially if your team is SKA.

Actually I expected this situation and said it would be better for him to play in the VHL with a lot of TOI and no pressure. On SKA he will have to earn his playing time, and the only way to earn it is to score goals or helpers. Otherwise he'll be warming the bench...

And that's still illogical and stupid. Which is why I'm sure if it persists the Habs will see what they can do. Ice time is too important.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I'm as big Demidov's fan as anybody and not since the last draft but since the kid was 15. But let's be honest, he had chances to score. And not one or even two.

Look at Michkov, he played for SKA one game last season and exactly 6 min. Of course he didn't score. But as soon as they loaned him to Sochi he started to score. He was 4+5 after 8 games. If Demidov scored at least one goal on those chances he had I doubd even Rotenberg would have dared to bench him.
Demidov creates chances galore. Especially compared to his linemates. Missing scoring on chances you create isn’t a reason to get benched

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah he did and Randulic had 0 chances to score and is still getting loads of ice time. Demidov is getting chances and creating. That means things will fall.

Rotenberg was gonna bench him regardless. He wasn't warranted being benched in that 3rd.
Ignore that creativity 5 v 3 at your own peril...
Idiot

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I think if he finishes the season healthy and hating the KHL, that’s a win. See ya next season.

Who cares if he gets a 5 on 3 PP point? (Besides for our instant gratification). And no, he doesn’t need “reps in these PP scenarios for his development….”. :)

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
what's the over/under on TOI this afternoon? I'll set the line at 9 mins

Under

I think if he finishes the season healthy and hating the KHL, that’s a win. See ya next season.

Who cares if he gets a 5 on 3 PP point? (Besides for our instant gratification). And no, he doesn’t need “reps in these PP scenarios for his development….”. :)

I mean I care that our most important prospect gets ice time in a critical development year. Especially since he lost time in the previous two seasons.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Obsessively micro-following the kid's development this year will drive some of you crazy and the stress will lead to further balding.

If you trust the Habs' judgement so far, just continue to trust it for a bit longer.
No it really won't...
That is pure fantasy the kid will be followed to this extent no matter where he ends up.

We already knew going in it would be a potential clusterf***.
Not to mention Kuznetsov was never going to be as good a fit for the kid as some thought.

The Hab's judgement has absolutely nothing to do with it their hands were always going to be tied.
People thinking we could just buy this kid out of Russia it takes two to tango.
I can see SKA getting a kick out of putting sticks into the wheels of our legendary franchise...
The f***s.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
But don’t playoff rosters freeze after trade deadline, would Habs be able to put Demidov on playoff roster?
There's no freeze, just a date and that's only for players who aren't part of your reserve.

So, any prospects can be signed and play after the deadline.

That deadline is just a limit. Anyone acquired after the trade deadline aren't eligible to play in the playoffs. Same with signing a player after that time, if they're ufa.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
No it really won't...
That is pure fantasy the kid will be followed to this extent no matter where he ends up.

We already knew going in it would be a potential clusterf***.
Not to mention Kuznetsov was never going to be a good fit for the kid as many thought.

The Hab's judgement has absolutely nothing to do with it their hands were always going to be tied.
People thinking we could just buy this kid out of Russia it takes two to tango.
I can see SKA getting a kick out of putting sticks into the wheels of our legendary franchise...
The f***s.
You may have proved his point :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad