Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He just needs to learn how to say “I must break you”

giphy.gif

“ M’a t’casser la yeule “

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Hopefully they won’t bury him on the fourth line with 3-5 minutes per game because he doesnt want to resign.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
To be doing so early at this stage a few things need to be happening in Demidov’s head:

1- He needs to already be so sure about his talent that he’ll have a long career in the NHL
2- He needs to really know that he wants to play in Montreal for years
3- He needs to know that Montreal will keep him for a very long time

None of our top-10 picks in the last 30 years could say the same. This is in the cap world not in the 1950s. Even Slafkovsky was better served just focusing on improving his shortcomings to make it for sure.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
yet I've seen a few 'scouts' say its one of his weaknesses. Idiots
It’s possible that he doesn’t stride the way others do or lacks top speed or whatever… I haven’t seen him play much. But the way he dipsy doodles and glides sideways on those skates is pretty fun to watch. He and Hutson are going to make Montreal hockey exciting again.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and Habs

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
To be doing so early at this stage a few things need to be happening in Demidov’s head:

1- He needs to already be so sure about his talent that he’ll have a long career in the NHL
2- He needs to really know that he wants to play in Montreal for years
3- He needs to know that Montreal will keep him for a very long time

None of our top-10 picks in the last 30 years could say the same. This is in the cap world not in the 1950s. Even Slafkovsky was better served just focusing on improving his shortcomings to make it for sure.

I think you're looking too much into it.

From interviews Demidov comes across as a very worldly and curious person. Can't say the same for most players...who, frankly, are insulated meat-heads.

He knows he's gonna be in Montreal... so, shit!, how cool would it be to learn French!.
I think fans in Montreal are gonna love him.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
deni is taking good advice. his english is ok but he wants it to get much better and he already knows he must try to learn some french also. just the fact he already knows just trying to learn some french will go MILES for the quebec fans. It sure leads me to believe he want to play here and for a long long time. YES if all goes well the habs will make him a rich man. If he proves he is a top player in the next 2-3 years habs will not wait to lock him up in a rich 8 year contract making his future finances set in stone.

Reactions: HomaridII

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

OR
4. He's seen the young french poon in Montreal and this made speaking the language a priority.
I know which number I'm betting on
To be perfectly honest, I don’t think that will be the difference for him having a date or not on a given Saturday night.:laugh:

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

From interviews Demidov comes across as a very worldly and curious person. Can't say the same for most players...who, frankly, are insulated meat-heads.

He knows he's gonna be in Montreal... so, shit!, how cool would it be to learn French!.
Well it’s impressive some Russian and foreign players spend a career in the NHL and don’t even speak English as well as Demidov so he’s obviously very sharp. The extent for some players is: « I shoot. I shoot. I score ».

• Love
Reactions: HomaridII

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Well it’s impressive some Russian and foreign players spend a career in the NHL and don’t even speak English as well as Demidov so he’s obviously very sharp. The extent for some players is: « I shoot. I shoot. I score ».

Sometimes. But some people's brains just aren't wired to learn different languages no matter how much they put into it. Datsyuk's english is terrible for someone who spent 14 years in the NHL, yet he's exceedingly astute if you listen to him in Russian. Then there's Chara who can learn languages like its simple math.

What matters is the effort. And Demidov puts forth loads of effort, which is fantastic

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

OR
4. He's seen the young french poon in Montreal and this made speaking the language a priority.
I know which number I'm betting on
They probably/hopefully we’re referring to tip speed which maybe the only thing that isn’t world beating. Shot too but he seems to have made strides there

Reactions: Habs

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
SKA just traded another young player in the final year of his contract (Sinyatkin); presumably to get him more ice time. Sinyatkin had no chance on SKA's roster, maybe he will with Kunlun.

I envision the same treatment for Demidov in the event Rotenberg is too idiotic not to play him.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
SKA just traded another young player in the final year of his contract (Sinyatkin); presumably to get him more ice time. Sinyatkin had no chance on SKA's roster, maybe he will with Kunlun.

I envision the same treatment for Demidov in the event Rotenberg is too idiotic not to play him.
Between you and me, are there really six better offsensive players on SKA??? If so, Habs need to sign all 6 as soon as possible, we’ll have a dynasty :laugh:

Shred

Nov 1, 2005

Yeah that is my read of the situation as well. I'm sure quite a few of us would also try to learn the language a bit beforehand if we were moving to a different country. I admire his curiosity though!

Reactions: Habs10Habs and Zine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad