Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
One thing we haven't talk about (or talked enough, or talked recently) is his damned smile. I thought russians didn't like to smile, well, this one either missed orientation or he's just bred differently. But that smile will arouse marketing execs all around the country. You gotta put it everywhere. If I'm McDonald's, I want that face eating my burgers, looking at the camera with this ridiculous grin. Women will love him, men will want to be like him, and kids will eat all the burgers.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
One thing we haven't talk about (or talked enough, or talked recently) is his damned smile. I thought russians didn't like to smile, well, this one either missed orientation or he's just bred differently. But that smile will arouse marketing execs all around the country. You gotta put it everywhere. If I'm McDonald's, I want that face eating my burgers, looking at the camera with this ridiculous grin. Women will love him, men will want to be like him, and kids will eat all the burgers.

To laugh without cause is the sign of a fool.

- Andrei Markov

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Him, Slaf and other young players will bring hockey goodwill back to the Habs. Lots of personality challenged ingrained figureheads down the 501.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Demidov said he was coming over after his current contract is over. He even said recently he didn't mind playing in the AHL if that is required.
I know his intentions are exactly that but they will try and extend him. His coach said he shouldn't come to NA until he is ready for 1st line duty.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I'm not concerned whatsoever about him signing a KHL extension. Everything that's come from his mouth points to him wanting to get over to the NHL asap and he seems very genuine about it.

I don't honestly see what SKA could offer that'd sway his mind. Any extension would just delay him from getting an extremely high paying NHL contract.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It won't be easy, but the bloodline of men is weak, and we have zero control over the situation - which is the annoying part.

This board will be stressed about this until he's in a plane bound to Montreal.

The good news - as you say - is that Demidov resolve seems pretty clear.

Not stressed at all, like negative level stressed. Unless he signs another KHL deal.

But that would peg him as a liar and put in doubt everything he said.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I'm a 29 years old man, I never see a young prospect talent like that so far in my life since... Juraj Slafkovsky !!
I feel the difference between those two in how they excel is that Juraj will impose himself on the game where Demidov is straight magician creating offence out of nothing. Perfect duo

Reactions: waitin425

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I know his intentions are exactly that but they will try and extend him. His coach said he shouldn't come to NA until he is ready for 1st line duty.
His coach is not the one who decide where Demidov is playing next season, Demidov is and he has shown zero interest to extend.

His coach is going to put him on the 1st line, give him way too much attention and when it's clear he's not extending we will see Demidov get shipped to the VHL or traded to another club.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
He can't wear that number, it was retired in the honor of the goat, Scott Gomez.
Thought they wanted to retire 11 in honor of him :sarcasm:

Screenshot_20240831_074501_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's just a number but 91 gets style points from me.

• Love
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
His coach is not the one who decide where Demidov is playing next season, Demidov is and he has shown zero interest to extend.

His coach is going to put him on the 1st line, give him way too much attention and when it's clear he's not extending we will see Demidov get shipped to the VHL or traded to another club.
That's my hope but how can you be so sure?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad