Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
The main board is a weird place. What’s up with all 5 New Jersey Devils fan posting in every single Habs topic? Why are they so obsessed with the Habs? I mean I would understand if they were Bruins, Leafs or Sens fans. But New Jersey LOL? I’m pretty sure nobody on this Habs board gives a damn about the New Jersey Devils. Very weird.
He is probaly still pissed at some habs fans proposing to include Dvorak in a Mercer trade... And making it to be the main piece offered instead of the throw in he was in the offer.

That, or at any Anderson to the Devils offer that doesn't include our next 3 firsts unprotected.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
He says he's already started to learn French, but hates French pronunciation...

Who doesn’t? Lol

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

My guess is that being in Russia, he’s learning France’s accent, which he’ll be glad to know is useless here :laugh:

He’ll lose that very fast in Montreal, as it’s a looser way of pronunciation, to a fault I’ll concede. So much so that you can’t make up the syllables in Quebec’s French :laugh:

Cool of him to give it a go.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
God I hate the main board Michkov vs Demidov thread.

The smugness of the Michkov truthers is so cringe.

Nobody wants the habs to have nice things.

Anyone who watches Demidov play can clearly see he's a stud. Both players are fantastic prospects and there is very little that separates them. To say Michkov is empiracally higher in their respective young careers thus far over Demidov is fair, but to theorize and flat out call him the better player with the brighter future is silly.

Noone knows this....

All I know is when I observe the two play, I find Demidov far more aesthetically pleasing to watch, his hands and edgework are incredible, he's far more dogged on both sides of the puck and seemingly can lift you out of your seat every time he's on the ice.

Michkov may be more cerebral (even that's debatable) with a better shot, but for me, Demidov is bigger, more well rounded, and just more entertaining to enjoy.
It's the DUMBEST thread ever. They'll probably both be great. I will say, however, that there are Habs fans who remain obsessed with Michkov and can't seem to "let go" as they say.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Dou I order Demidov's SKA jersey

Yes or YES

1725031697760.png

• Love
Reactions: badfish

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

The guy is an absolute genius in every way, learning to play in the KHL vs men while learning TWO languages from scratch as an adult at the SAME TIME! I’ve learned 2 languages as an adult and you just can’t fathom how difficult this is.

• Love
Reactions: waitin425 and Shred

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
You mean Nolan? Ricci was part of the Lindros trade. And Nedved was the big European fish of this draft.
Off the top of my head wasn’t it:
Nolan 1st
Nedved 2nd
Primeau 3rd

Can’t remember if Ricci went 4th and Jagr 5 th or vica versa.

It was the first I was even aware of the draft courtesy of upper deck lol

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
It's a beautiful jersey, but I would be ashamed to wear something with a Gazprom advertisement on it...

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Cant wait to see how well he will do against adults in the KHL. If he can dominate there it will be a good indication that hes the real deal

If he’s utilized correctly (Top-6 minutes, PP), then that shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

The trap is if he only plays 4-6 mins a game with no PP time, it’ll be almost impossible to properly evaluate him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No chance. An elite stickhandler can feel when they've completely whiffed on the puck like that and will make an adjustment right away from pure muscle memory and repetition. When you look at that play after Demidov 'whiffs' on the puck he allows his stick to travel 3-4 feet from the puck to keep the goalie moving. That doesn't happen if he's made a mistake with the puck.
There was a guy I grew up with who played for the Remparts who pulled off that move with regularity.
I'm talking back in the the days of real lumber and teams were stacked.
It was the sickest move I'd seen outside of the NHL and yes having the goalie follow the stick while sliding the puck along the ice.
His move was so good he'd actually put it in the corner he came from.
I think it would only work between the legs in this day and age the way 'tenders cover the bottom of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad