Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
God I hate the main board Michkov vs Demidov thread.

The smugness of the Michkov truthers is so cringe.

Nobody wants the habs to have nice things.

Anyone who watches Demidov play can clearly see he's a stud. Both players are fantastic prospects and there is very little that separates them. To say Michkov is empiracally higher in their respective young careers thus far over Demidov is fair, but to theorize and flat out call him the better player with the brighter future is silly.

Noone knows this....

All I know is when I observe the two play, I find Demidov far more aesthetically pleasing to watch, his hands and edgework are incredible, he's far more dogged on both sides of the puck and seemingly can lift you out of your seat every time he's on the ice.

Michkov may be more cerebral (even that's debatable) with a better shot, but for me, Demidov is bigger, more well rounded, and just more entertaining to enjoy.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Nice Chance 6:37
Draws Penalty With Another Chance 8:44
Goal 10:42
Another Scoring Chance 11:57
One Timer Off Face Off 13:36
Shootout Chance 17:10

What a ridiculous amount of skill and IQ for an 18 year old.

He looks faster and stronger than last year and uses the 10-2s less, which makes sense.

It feels like the team drafted a 1st overall talent. This guy is our Patrick Kane. I am so happy he's not going to be dishing pucks to Bedard.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

Anyone who watches Demidov play can clearly see he's a stud. Both players are fantastic prospects and there is very little that separates them. To say Michkov is empiracally higher in their respective young careers thus far over Demidov is fair, but to theorize and flat out call him the better player with the brighter future is silly.

Noone knows this....

All I know is when I observe the two play, I find Demidov far more aesthetically pleasing to watch, his hands and edgework are incredible, he's far more dogged on both sides of the puck and seemingly can lift you out of your seat every time he's on the ice.

Michkov may be more cerebral (even that's debatable) with a better shot, but for me, Demidov is bigger, more well rounded, and just more entertaining to enjoy.
I’ll reiterate;
The main board is a WILD place to post and interact.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal

Noone knows this....

Mute that thread. The Michkov fanatic fans are the worst. You just can't talk to any of them.

That thread is full of salty leafs fans.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
SKA wanting to teach rispek to Demidov would not be the worst thing ever. It would pretty much assure he comes here next year. Playing in the VHL would not be a total waste of time he would still be playing against men who lack skills but learned to play hockey in a good system.
Yeah... but i still want to see Demidov play in KHL. We need him to be 100% ready for the NHL next season. Suzuki is not getting younger and the Habs will push hard for a playoff spot in 2025.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I never heard or read that...interesting
His idol was Mario Lemieux and he wanted to play with Mario only.

So during his interviews he told all the teams ahead of Pittsgurgh that he wasn't coming to the NHL for atleast 3 years because he wanted to finish school and had to complete his army stint and he told Pittsburgh he was ready to come right away! LOL

All teams skipped on him and Pitts drafted him!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
His idol was Mario Lemieux and he wanted to play with Mario only.

So during his interviews he told all the teams ahead of Pittsgurgh that he wasn't coming to the NHL for atleast 3 years because he wanted to finish school and had to complete his army stint and he told Pittsburgh he was ready to come right away! LOL

All teams skipped on him and Pitts drafted him!
Thanks for the insight.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Noone knows this....

beware the cult of michkov
Ive never seen anything like it before on hf

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
You have to understand: Michkov was better at 12 so he’ll obviously always be better.

Wasn't that the case for generational Shane Wright too

hqdefault (1).jpg

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

Noone knows this....

You joined in 2003, you should know how it is for Habs fans...

What I did in that thread was just say Michkov is better ANIEC.

Because debating with them is pointless, and when Demidov shines it will be even sweeter to rub it in their faces.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Hahaha ya the main board...

I'm still unable to 'like' any comments because on the main board thread about when is
Bowman gonna make his first stamp on the new team, and I said letting those 2 RFAs walk was his first stamp.
boom.
modded for a week now.
the thin skin of some people!

At least you didn't say sign Carter Hart

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
What a ridiculous amount of skill and IQ for an 18 year old.

He looks faster and stronger than last year and uses the 10-2s less, which makes sense.

It feels like the team drafted a 1st overall talent. This guy is our Patrick Kane. I am so happy he's not going to be dishing pucks to Bedard.

He is also carrying the puck a little more on his hip than he did last season where he kept it out over his skates.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
They are petty, small minded dinosaurs who put their egos above a teenagers career.....I understand the explanation but it only puts a spotlight on the types of people that are making these decisions.

Of course politics plays a part, but Rotenberg typically never trusts young players regardless of talent level or contract status. It's mind boggling and infuriating.

I mean it's Nikishin and Gritsyuk's (older guys) last year in KHL too but they'll be getting prime minutes with this team.

Last edited:

Jamaican Patty

Jul 13, 2023

Noone knows this....

The main board is a weird place. What’s up with all 5 New Jersey Devils fan posting in every single Habs topic? Why are they so obsessed with the Habs? I mean I would understand if they were Bruins, Leafs or Sens fans. But New Jersey LOL? I’m pretty sure nobody on this Habs board gives a damn about the New Jersey Devils. Very weird.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Best part is it feels like we pulled off a real heist after getting that rare top RD prospect in Reinbacher as well. That's the kind of piece that a ton of rebuilding and even contending teams desperately wish they could have. You look at Edmonton contending with Ekholm as their #1, Toronto going after Jake McCabe and 34 year old Chris Tanev as their big additions on D, having Reinbacher (and Guhle) already in the system, getting a huge size/skill outlier in Slafkovsky, and then adding Demidov (and Laine + Hage) to fill out the high-end skill elements we lacked is just an incredible turn of events in a few short years.

We've managed to basically hit all those luxury items and still get the game breaker we needed and Suzuki has taken a step to the point where finding a better 1C is not an absolute must anymore. Can't believe this is where we are when as recent as 2019-20 we were still using Jordan Weal on PP1. We even seemed to get lucky with the secondary elements for Demidov, he seems excited by the spotlight and at least outwardly appears to have the drive to improve, what a gift to be able to find this player without having to completely gut our roster to ultra tank.
I’m a big Hage fan too, but it’s a bit premature to lump him in with the other more proven guys. The jury is still out. I am excited though, I agree.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The main board is a weird place. What’s up with all 5 New Jersey Devils fan posting in every single Habs topic? Why are they so obsessed with the Habs? I mean I would understand if they were Bruins, Leafs or Sens fans. But New Jersey LOL? I’m pretty sure nobody on this Habs board gives a damn about the New Jersey Devils. Very weird.
Oh man the one nj fan was coping so hard with the Laine trade trying somehow to put a negative spin on it from the habs pov

Felt a little embarrassed for the guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad