Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
I know it's wayyyy early but is it possible that Demidov was the best player in 2024 draft?
He was at worse second on the majority of lists and 6/10 NHL scouts who were asked had him #2. I will give Celebrini the benefit of the doubt after watching him play with Hutson.

The simple way to say this is we have an elite forward on the way. Demidov is special. He moves rapidly, laterally, while still maintaining possession of the puck. He processes the game at a high level. He shifts the defenders and goalies around opening up shooting and passing angles.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Exactly he drop the puck and he saw the goalie was following him so he let the puck go. Heck of a play still

No chance. An elite stickhandler can feel when they've completely whiffed on the puck like that and will make an adjustment right away from pure muscle memory and repetition. When you look at that play after Demidov 'whiffs' on the puck he allows his stick to travel 3-4 feet from the puck to keep the goalie moving. That doesn't happen if he's made a mistake with the puck.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I've seen Kuch's. I just think it was accident, by the way his stick went over the puck. Who knows. If he did that on purpose, it looks accident on slow mo...which is all the more impressive.

When you see the camera angle from behind the net he never takes his eyes off the puck and makes no attempt at retrieval, just waits to see it he needs to bank it in after it goes through goalie. Could be accidentally on purpose too but there’s some level of awareness on the play

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I never heard or read that...interesting
Because it’s not true. Lol

He told other teams ahead of the Pens he was non-committal to coming to NA because he wanted them to draft them.

He would’ve likely ended up playing for another team, but he used the geopolitics at the time to fool teams and it worked.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017

Nice Chance 6:37
Draws Penalty With Another Chance 8:44
Goal 10:42
Another Scoring Chance 11:57
One Timer Off Face Off 13:36
Shootout Chance 17:10

What a ridiculous deke at 10:17.

I was confused at first. I had to replay it a few times because I thought he tried a hard backhand pass that deflected off the defender's skate and that he took the loose puck to the slot, but after slowing it down to 0.25x speed, he actually dekes the defender through the legs.

It looks so fast in real time, blink and you missed it. It's almost like he already knows how the defender will open up his stance for the first move so before he even pulls it, he knows exactly when to pull it back through the legs. Left the dman with his jockstrap in his hands, crazy.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Because it’s not true. Lol

He told other teams ahead of the Pens he was non-committal to coming to NA because he wanted them to draft them.

He would’ve likely ended up playing for another team, but he used the geopolitics at the time to fool teams and it worked.
Smarted decision ever! Jagr won two stanley cups on his first 2 seasons in the NHL!

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad