Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
And Hutson//Reinbacher they can have Hughes and Dobson impact. Looks Hughes NCAA season same age of Hutson, Hutson outproduced him. Look Dobson in a easily more league than Reinbacher NLA. Reinbacher put 22 pts in 46 games in NLA at his rookie year... that's outproduced season of Dobson in his Quebec league.

That's not crazy at all to think they can reach that type of impact.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
And Hutson//Reinbacher they can have Hughes and Dobson impact. Looks Hughes NCAA season same age of Hutson, Hutson outproduced him. Look Dobson in a easily more league than Reinbacher NLA. Reinbacher put 22 pts in 46 games in NLA at his rookie year... that's outproduced season of Dobson in his Quebec league.

That's not crazy at all to think they can reach that type of impact.
It’s not crazy . . . but it’s also not likely.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I was talking to my father in law last week. He's not a scout, or hockey executive. He's just a fan of hockey like all of us. He's Russian, and he's been watching Russian hockey for many years.

I first asked him who he thought was better Michkov or Demidov. He said "Both are incredibly talented players. But if I had to choose one, I'd pick Demidov".
When I asked why, he said. "Demidov is the more complete player. Michkov may score more points. But in an important game, I'd rather have Demidov. His compete level is nothing like I've seen for many years".

When I asked him which current or former Russian player, was a good comparison to Demidov he replied. "He has some characteristics that remind me of Valeri Kharlamov"
For those of you too young to remember Kharlamov. I'd suggest you look him up on Youtube. He's considered to be one of top Russian born players of all time.

It's possible that the old guy had a few too many vodka shots. But I'm going to check out old clips of Kharlamov. To see if I see any similarities.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I was talking to my father in law last week. He's not a scout, or hockey executive. He's just a fan of hockey like all of us. He's Russian, and he's been watching Russian hockey for many years.

I first asked him who he thought was better Michkov or Demidov. He said "Both are incredibly talented players. But if I had to choose one, I'd pick Demidov".
When I asked why, he said. "Demidov is the more complete player. Michkov may score more points. But in an important game, I'd rather have Demidov. His compete level is nothing like I've seen for many years".

When I asked him which current or former Russian player, was a good comparison to Demidov he replied. "He has some characteristics that remind me of Valeri Kharlamov"
For those of you too young to remember Kharlamov. I'd suggest you look him up on Youtube. He's considered to be one of top Russian born players of all time.

It's possible that the old guy had a few too many vodka shots. But I'm going to check out old clips of Kharlamov. To see if I see any similarities.
I think when us old guys simply say they remind me of ..... you have to think, how many snapshots of plays must be stored in our head? The longer we live those older snapshots start to fade... but the highlights remain... for ur fil to "think" of Kharlamov, is enough for me..

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Genuinely curious how he was perceived by the scouting staffs of the teams ahead of the Habs and if there are yellow or red flags they picked up which we, as fans anyway, are ignoring.

The fact he played in the MHL is probably held against him but what else?

He seems like he has it all, is my point.

Ahead of him went Celebrini, Levshunov (RD), Sennecke, and Lindstrom. Boy I wish we could access old scouting reports.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012

Let’s hope he avoids the next Bobby Clarke

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Genuinely curious how he was perceived by the scouting staffs of the teams ahead of the Habs and if there are yellow or red flags they picked up which we, as fans anyway, are ignoring.

Ahead of him went Celebrini, Levshunov (RD), Sennecke, and Lindstrom. Boy I wish we could access old scouting reports.

Good question. We can only go on word of mouth and logical deduction, and the former is scattered at this point.

I think it comes down to risk, perceived as it may be. MHL is one factor, general low visibility is another. Him being a winger, not being 6'3" also added to the pile.

I would not be surprised if we found out down the line that Davidson wanted Demidov with the Chicago pick, but ultimately relented to the room.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I would not be surprised if we found out down the line that Davidson wanted Demidov with the Chicago pick, but ultimately relented to the room.
Chicago probably had the same problem we did in 2023. The sexy forward or the very reliable RD? In both cases the RD won out. Levshunov also oozes leadership and steadiness, he seems like he's going to be a mature presence for the young Blackhawks. I'm curious what CHI, ANA, and CBJ's scouting profile had to say about Demidov.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Has the Habs 2024 behind the scene draft video been released yet? If not, I wonder why not.
Editing. They don’t want us to see them raving about Demidov for 1h to shelter the kid from pressure

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

I think their scouting report is going to be similar to whatever ours is. We have a little more knowledge because of Bobrov, therefore a little more certainty in our projection. Someone else said it, but sometimes these decisions simply come down to team needs/preferences over overall BPA. My thought is that teams probably rank players in tiers in addition to their top choices. The tiers are probably who they realistically see drafting at a certain spot (available) and the rankings who their preference of that tier. Demidov was probably in all of their tiers and was a realistic consideration.

Chicago likely took Lev for the myriad of reasons explained above. RD...etc etc.
Anaheim were enticed by the size and development curve of Sennecke. They probably see an impact player.
Columbus wanted a centremen. The shore up their depth down the middle with Lindstrom being added to Fantilli.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

RD's and Centers are the two most important positions in the game we picked Reinbacher over Michkov last year like CHI took Levshunov over Demidov this year

Anaheim simply dont take russians that being said Sennecke looks like someone with a huge ceilling some may think ANA reached but im sure alot of teams had him in the top 10

Columbus picked the big 6"4 strong physical center im sure some teams had him over Demidov simply because of his size and position Jackets will be set in the middle for the next few years

Talent wise Demidov was #2 no questions but GMs will always value size and position plus the russian factor,limited views on him and the weak league he was in

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
He’s still Russian. I think they just love Sennecke and his profile. I’m glad they do, BTW. We desperately need a player like Demidov. Hopefully he’ll live up to the hype.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
That must be news to Pavel Mintyukov, taken 10th overall by the Ducks two years ago . . . by their current management team.
Anahiem doesn't take Russians playing in Russia. They took 2 over the last 10 years, in something like the 5th and 7th round if I remember properly.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Ad

Ad