Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Every GM is saying they got the player they want. Ir may be true, as lists differ. But I think HuGo would have been happy with Lindstrom, Senecke, or Iginla.
Demidov was clearly the guy they wanted even going back to last summer, already talking about Demidov when the conversations were on Michkov. And they very clearly knew the one thing we missed was a game breaker, elite offensive talent. Lindstrom, Sennecke, Iginla would've been okay but they're not that so I don't think they would've been as happy.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Every GM is saying they got the player they want. Ir may be true, as lists differ. But I think HuGo would have been happy with Lindstrom, Senecke, or Iginla.

GM want specific player relative to their spot tho and its quite possible the first 7 exactly got their guys.

Demidov was clearly the guy they wanted even going back to last summer, already talking about Demidov when the conversations were on Michkov. And they very clearly knew the one thing we missed was a game breaker, elite offensive talent.

2$ that the debate surrounding the 2023 draft will age similarly to the debate we were having on Slaf, his weak D+1 and botched development, and the 2022 draft.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not a medical professional….but no doubt arthroscopic surgery would’ve lengthened Orr’s career but pro hockey players now train year round vs Lafleur puffing cigarettes in between periods.

I’m sure Demigod’s off ice training regiment is quite extensive w focus around strengthening knee structure support systems given edgework is paramount to high end player success & specifically his game
What he really needs is the Marty St Louis school of thigh and calf development.
I was joking about it before the draft if we were lucky enough to get him.
Marty would pull him aside and whisper in his ear "I have a training regimen for you"

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
What he really needs is the Marty St Louis school of thigh and calf development.
I was joking about it before the draft if we were lucky enough to get him.
Marty would pull him aside and whisper in his ear "I have a training regimen for you"
If he's this good on the twigs he has now, imagine how explosive he'll be when Marty molds them into trunks.

• Haha
Reactions: Rapala

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Demidov not being at SKAs development camp because hes hurt instead of being on a plane to MTL doesnt change the fact that Kuznetsov is another vet added SKAs lineup thats going to push Demidov further down the lineup (if he even ends up part of the team).

Odds are Hughes, Molson and Bobrov are on the phone 24/7 trying to negotiate with SKA to bring him over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad