Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Impossible
I’m over the moon loco excited… I read KevSkill4’s posts in this thread and there’s lots of excitement for sure, but I find he’s still keeping some back.

Bringing Demidov back into perspective by comparing him to Celebrini could be a defence mechanism. Drafting that kind of player is impossible in Montreal. How did this happen? Where’s the catch?

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I’m over the moon loco excited… I read KevSkill4’s posts in this thread and there’s lots of excitement for sure, but I find he’s still keeping some back.

Bringing Demidov back into perspective by comparing him to Celebrini could be a defence mechanism. Drafting that kind of player is impossible in Montreal. How did this happen? Where’s the catch?
I still get chills thinking about this every single day myself.

How blessed we are. Demidov will be franchise altering. And with the way Hugo is running things I feel the glory days are upon us....

Speaking of the Olympian

If Tim f***ing Stutzle can hit 39 g 51 a 90 pts at his best, then so can Demidov imo lol
It's just not the points tho it's the whole entire game Demidov will impact! Stuzle is beneath him

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Are MHL/KHL games in the morning/day/afternoon or at night over here? Asking for work reasons obviously :sarcasm::naughty:
I was able to watch most of his games last season because it fit perfectly with my work schedule, i finish work at around noon. Most of the games are starting at 12, 12:30 or 11:30 AM.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
yes. I meant that the juniors in the MHL were 4 years younger than the young adults in College where Celebrini played.
Really? There's lots of 19/20 yrs old in the MHL. Playing on Demidov's line were two 20 yrs old.
I find the MHL to be maybe a bit stronger than the USHL. It's pretty close tho, not too shabby.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Hope they put Dach with Demidov a bit eventually, it will help erase the nightmare from Desharnais, i will finaly think of Demidov and Dach instead of Desharnais when i will see DD

But seriously i cantttttttt wait for him to come over

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I think he steps in as the 3rd or 4th best forward and positively impacts the powerplay.

Could see him have the same kind of D+1 season Stutzle had.
I think the learning curve will be a little too steep for him to just seemlessly step in and be great. I suspect he'll be hot and cold for 40-50 games, possibly longer. But sure after that a huge breakout would be right around the corner.

Stutzle's D+1 season was 29 points in 53 games, so yeah I could see that for Demidov if he buys out his contract and comes over right away, but that's not going to make him the 3rd or 4th best forward on the team.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I think the learning curve will be a little too steep for him to just seemlessly step in and be great. I suspect he'll be hot and cold for 40-50 games, possibly longer. But sure after that a huge breakout would be right around the corner.

Stutzle's D+1 season was 29 points in 53 games, so yeah I could see that for Demidov if he buys out his contract and comes over right away, but that's not going to make him the 3rd or 4th best forward on the team.
On the pp everyone will be crawling with broken ankles trying to cover Hutson while he opens lanes so I imagine the kids could have fun and put on a show out of camp.

5v5 road december games vs vet physical teams is another thing. No idea how long it’ll take Demidov (all these kids) to become positive impact players. I wish they had a few more upscale vets to emulate for those bits. Will be fun to follow.

• Love
Reactions: HabzSauce

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
I still get chills thinking about this every single day myself.

How blessed we are. Demidov will be franchise altering. And with the way Hugo is running things I feel the glory days are upon us....

It's just not the points tho it's the whole entire game Demidov will impact! Stuzle is beneath him
Hmm not sure about that... 2 very different players. Stuzle is an offensive center that drives plays like any real top 1st line centerman should. He is also very responsible defensively for his age.
He already has a 90 points season under his belt and I expect Stuzle to be a regular 85-95 point player with two or three 100+ seasons when Ottawa supporting cast will get better. Any Stanley Cup contenders needs that kind of players and will be more valuable no mather what compared to a winger.

I love Demidov as much as the next person, but comparing him to Tim
Stuzle is a bit premature. Stuzle will be a top 10 centerman in the NHL in his prime years, if Demidov can reach top 15 wingers in the league than the Habs will be EN VOITURE.

On the other hand, I expect Slafkovsky to reach top 5 wingers in the league and it won't be close between him and Demidov comes playoffs time.

Demidov will shine during regular seasons ala Panarin, Marner, Pastrnak, K.Connor, Gaudreau, etc.

Slafkovsky will be in the mold of Rantanen, M.Tkachuk, Kreider, Marchand, Guentzle, C.Perry, Iginla, Hossa, E.Cole, etc. He will turn into beast mode, becoming an unstoppable force in the playoffs.

With that said, there's nothing wrong with that and I'm absolutely thrilled to have Demidov in our system.

:teach:

Reactions: windycity

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
We can't be too high too fast too soon with the guy, we've been hurt in the past and you know I'm right. So time for some healthy temperance.

The guy has yet to play a significant number of games against adults. This is significant. The pro game is different and he'll need to adapt to it, every player do.

Also, if he stays in russia for the beginning of the season, then I wish he stays there until the end (and maybe come back play a few games in Laval next spring to tip his toes as we've done for other prospects). I don't want him to come here in the middle on january because he can't find KHL time and now we need to integrate him mid season, without him going through any kind of pre-season camp or preparation whatsoever... not a good environment for grow.

As much as I would like to see him as soon as this year's camp, playing a full KHL season would still be a pretty good experience for him.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
When finally talking about Demidov the Michkov situation became much clearer.
We always assumed we had an inside track behind the scenes and that is exactly what we found out.
Exactly. I never thought passing on Michkov had anything to do with viewings or insight. It had to do with some combination of questionable talent and/or character.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

Exactly. I never thought passing on Michkov had anything to do with viewings or insight. It had to do with some combination of questionable talent and/or character.
I think we all have the club’s best interest as heart. Demidov fixes everything. But with no Demidov, I would have beat character into Michkov and hope for the best. We needed game breaking talent. Moving chairs around with lesser talent has meant 30 years of failure. Even with the best goalie in the league.

Reactions: Sagikev

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
A 4 week normal knee sprain is hardly 'knee problems'
But yeah, nice try
From what I’ve heard Orr’s major knee surgeries in the seventies would be non-invasive and treatable today. Maybe someone with more knowledge could confirm… Don Cherry who coached him in Boston said that Orr’s skating mechanics (that made him change direction on a dime) is what inevitably caused his knee problems. Demidov’s twists and turns are a lot with the 10-2 so it might not put as much stress on his knees.

Reactions: Habano

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
We can't be too high too fast too soon with the guy, we've been hurt in the past and you know I'm right. So time for some healthy temperance.

The guy has yet to play a significant number of games against adults. This is significant. The pro game is different and he'll need to adapt to it, every player do.

Also, if he stays in russia for the beginning of the season, then I wish he stays there until the end (and maybe come back play a few games in Laval next spring to tip his toes as we've done for other prospects). I don't want him to come here in the middle on january because he can't find KHL time and now we need to integrate him mid season, without him going through any kind of pre-season camp or preparation whatsoever... not a good environment for grow.

As much as I would like to see him as soon as this year's camp, playing a full KHL season would still be a pretty good experience for him.

I’m as high as Snoop Dogg on him and nobody can stop me

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012

Too late my friend, too late. If you’ve read this thread you’ll know there’s no going back now. 🚀🚀🚀

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

Why not?!?! Daniil But have been picked #12, put 21 pts games in 55 KHL games after his draft year. Demidov have TRULY OUTPLAYED But in MHL.

Demidov have played with Mickov in KHL pre-season, got 7 pts in 7 games, that's really good even if it's only pre-season.

I'm very confident that Demidov will put 30-35 pts maybe more in 40-45 KHL games next year, if he play top 6 minutes.

If he do that, that's will confirm his high star//superstar potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad