Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
To be fair, we don't know if Philly had conversations with the coach and what they were like. I know Briere had said that all they rely on are videos of Michkov because they can't communicate with him. But we don't know if he was being honest or not revealing everything.

In Michkov's case, maybe Philly asked SKA to loan him to another KHL team if he wasn't going to make SKA? They had already did that in his draft year, but maybe Philly asked to do it again? It's also possible Michkov's agent was working with SKA to loan him to Sochi in order for Michkov to play in the KHL.

But then you're wondering why Demidov wasn't loaned out last year and instead sent to their junior league. So you think back to what @WeThreeKings says, SKA wanted Michkov to play with anyone but them.
Or maybe this proves that Michkov is better and we can settle the debate forever?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Our guy good. Their guy bad.

Debate over. :sarcasm:
I remember watching Michkov vs Bedard and thinking that Michkov was just as good. That was a few years ago so I am not sure how much progress he has made in Russia but one thing is clear to me...Michkov has the potential to be a superstar in this league. I am not sure about his longterm character though.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I’m pretty ignorant of the finer print in these dealings but Russia for many years has more often than not had an adversarial dynamic with the NHL.

It might not even be money motivated. Probably resent the NHL for ‘poaching’ a lot of the it talent perhaps?
Possible, but I don't think the KHL is in a position to take a useless financial hit purely out of spite.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Possible, but I don't think the KHL is in a position to take a useless financial hit purely out of spite.
Yeah like I said I’m not the most informed but that’s always the tone they seem to take with the NHL.

Who put these weird sanctions in place anyways? The K?

Surely many NA teams in the last 10-15 years or so wanted to pry their prospects out of the Gulag while they were wasting away playing 4 minutes a game. And they would’ve definitely been willing to buy out those contracts but weren’t allowed.

From what I can tell, they see themselves in pretty direct competition with the NHL. So why not at least make their lives a little more miserable if they’re going to take their best players away?

If it was about money the years leading up to now would likely have played out differently in terms of how these dealings manifest themselves. Wouldn’t they? Genuinely curious

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
The debate should be is Reinbacher and Demidov better than Michkov plus Parekh or Yakemchuk.
I will let you know . . . in about five years.

However, it might be a false debate because the Habs didn’t have to draft a right D either year. They just chose to.

Reactions: Tyson

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
This is a really hot take but I hope SKA loans him to Sochi for the year just so he can put up better numbers than michkov did this past season
One thing people will have to understand and come to terms with I think :
Michkov *will* most likely be the better all around goal scorer, and that's all fine
But Demidov will be the better player if that makes any sense lol
And Completely transforms our top6 for the next 15 years. The perfect fit to what we already have.
If Michkov ceiling is like 46 goals but Demidov tops at like 37 goals I won't freak out you know?

It remains to be seen how Michkovs frame can handle the NHL as well, but regardless, I deep down didn't want his attitude on our team anyway,
Demidov already seems like a way nicer and more open individual, the kind of kid you want your daughter to date
Where as with Michkov I'd be like 'ok honey that's enough..we're going inside now'

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Demidov will likely have better linemates to start his NHL career. Flyers don’t have a no. 1 center in their pipeline or another wing as good as Slaf is likely to become very soon, or as good a PP QB as Hutson should be, unless Drysdale can stay healthy, and even then . . . All of that will likely result in Demidov being as productive, if not more so, then Mychkov early on.

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I think the debate is now around whether Demidov or Mitchkov is better
No
There was never, and I can't stress this to people enough, NEVER any chance "but we could of had michkov+demidov!!" Listen that was NEEEEVER ever happening
It's 'is Demidov+Reinbacher better than Michkov+the RD'S of 2024 Draft ?'

Obviously still entirely too early to tell, but let's just say, we completely, finally, and I make no apologies for it : lucked OUT

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I think the debate is now around whether Demidov or Mitchkov is better

I'd prefer a debate Michkov vs Demidov than Michkov vs Reinbacher. I having Demidov on my list 2nd all year long. He is very close to Celebrini. Demidov can easily live the hype and have same, even bigger impact than Michkov. More all around player, better hockey IQ, better passing ability, more dynamic aswell. More fun to watch. Michkov is only truly better at scoring goals. But Demidov is also a very good goalscorer.

Now we can compare Reinbacher vs Levshunov, MTL have a potential top pairing D (RD) at 5 and CHI get that at 2. Buium have been my 1st D on my list, Reinbacher is very very close to Levshunov.

So very less pressure on Reinbacher, for sure.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
One thing people will have to understand and come to terms with I think :
Michkov *will* most likely be the better all around goal scorer, and that's all fine
But Demidov will be the better player if that makes any sense lol
And Completely transforms our top6 for the next 15 years. The perfect fit to what we already have.
If Michkov ceiling is like 46 goals but Demidov tops at like 37 goals I won't freak out you know?

It remains to be seen how Michkovs frame can handle the NHL as well, but regardless, I deep down didn't want his attitude on our team anyway,
Demidov already seems like a way nicer and more open individual, the kind of kid you want your daughter to date
Where as with Michkov I'd be like 'ok honey that's enough..we're going inside now'
Is that we didn't draft Michkov lol

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Is that we didn't draft Michkov lol
Lmao
Dude TELL me about it...

It could be last year, both are available, gun to my head who do I take Michkov or Demidov
I still take Demidov

*I* and most importantly *HuGo* obviously Don't. Like. Michkov.
I don't understand how people don't understand that

"Well you should still draft that kind of talent anyway! You deal with the character issues anyway!"
No
You really don't have to lol.
And they didn't.

Onto Cincinnati

And that teams behind us, including Philly, wanted Reinbacher
I'm also surprised more isn't made of :
How everyone knew Michkov would go passed the top5,
And NOBODY expected (in general) for Demidov to be there at 5.

And people can look at that how they want, but I know exactly how I look at it too

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Lmao
Dude TELL me about it...

It could be last year, both are available, gun to my head who do I take Michkov or Demidov
I still take Demidov

*I* and most importantly *HuGo* obviously Don't. Like. Michkov.
I don't understand how people don't understand that

"Well you should still draft that kind of talent anyway! You deal with the character issues anyway!"
No
You really don't have to lol.
And they didn't.

Onto Cincinnati

I'm also surprised more isn't made of :
How everyone knew Michkov would go passed the top5,
And NOBODY expected (in general) for Demidov to be there at 5.

And people can look at that how they want, but I know exactly how I look at it too

Yes, me too, I would take Demidov. People will realize that the game of Michkov isn't that "dynamic" they really believe at this moment.

Demidov is much more fun to watch and better all around guys aswell.

No redflags with Demidov. He is the real deal!!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't think it matters if Michkov ends up better. I just want Demidov to be a 80+point star and has a good motor and can keep it up for a good 10+ years.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The best part with Demidov is that a lot of people think MHL is like BCHL, but it's totally not true. The true is the better teams in MHL can easily complete against the best teams in OHL.

Demidov have really good stats against these huge teams aswell.

Soo people need to be truly happy to see Demidov with 2ppg in 30 games and 2,5ppg in his last 19 ganes (47 pts). At 17 years old.

HE IS THE REAL DEAL!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad