Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
One of the postive things that might come out of this is that Demidov might develop a goal scoring streak out of anger.

Now imagine a scenario where we're trailing with the goalie pulled, Demidov is on the ice and looks back at MSL, but Uh Oh...it's no longer MSL there, it's actually MSL wearing a Rottenburger mask made by the CIA to be as convincing as possible.

Demidov looks at that, and then his blood starts to boil...only one mission in his mind; Score goal, destroy Rottenburger.

Angry Demidov on command. Just imagine.

JD3TImv.png
I'm more worried about Demidov losing his love for the game by the time he comes here.

Rotenberg: 'If I can't develop him, no one will!' *laughs maniacally*

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I did.............and then for some strange reason it was gone? Board changes and reset I think....
It was Price.....will have to try and do another one....

Yeah I spot the Avatar lol, don't change it, really messes me up. :(

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I'm more worried about Demidov losing his love for the game by the time he comes here.

With some people sure that would be an issue, but with Demidov I just don't see it. Plenty of players have survived similar unfair treatment, and Demidov seems like the type that it just adds to the chip on his shoulder and fuels that I'm going to prove you wrong motivation. And let's face it, it's one year, it takes longer then that to really destroy a person's love for the game, especially given the environment he'll be moving too next year when he comes to the Habs is going to be night and day. Say what you want about MSL but he's a guy who helps ignite a player's passion.

I'm the first to remind people that players are humans first and foremost and being in a crappy environment can have a big impact on them. But one year when you know that you are leaving isn't the same as a crappy environment where you don't really see a future or a path forward.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Then explain why the same situation has occurred with countless other youth players.

You fail to look at the big picture. Demidov is not unique. A pattern of misuse exists with Rotenberg.

Here’s more criticism, from former National Team coach Slava Bykov.
“This is already a problem for the team: Vyacheslav Bykov spoke critically about SKA's attitude towards the youth”
«Это уже проблема клуба». Вячеслав Быков критически высказался об отношении СКА к молодёжи
I had already seen the video of Zadorov's interview It's one thing to be disorganized, putting "team leader" on his jacket and controlling the music. It's another thing to sit a superstar that will help you win for X coaching principle or Y on-ice reason.

I'm a lover, not a hater. And I have faith in humanity. And I don't believe any coach at any level would make that decision. And I trust Rottenberg must have a non-hockey reason. I guess we'll find out in the coming months when the whole story comes out.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto

If you’ve ever had a boss that micro manages you the minute you get out of that situation is like the clouds parting, it’s such an amazing feeling if anything he’s going to be hella excited to land in Montreal imo

Jul 6, 2016
With some people sure that would be an issue, but with Demidov I just don't see it. Plenty of players have survived similar unfair treatment, and Demidov seems like the type that it just adds to the chip on his shoulder and fuels that I'm going to prove you wrong motivation. And let's face it, it's one year, it takes longer then that to really destroy a person's love for the game, especially given the environment he'll be moving too next year when he comes to the Habs is going to be night and day. Say what you want about MSL but he's a guy who helps ignite a player's passion.

I'm the first to remind people that players are humans first and foremost and being in a crappy environment can have a big impact on them. But one year when you know that you are leaving isn't the same as a crappy environment where you don't really see a future or a path forward.
Not even one year. In 6 months he will be free.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
So could the media in Russia be inadvertently hurting Demidov by criticizing Roman Rotenborg?

Perhaps, at least in the short term maybe. But long-term it changes nothing.

He wont play 6 minutes/game the entire year. If that’s Rotenberg’s game plan, Demidov will be traded or sent to the VHL or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad