Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don,t think they can bring him in the ahl this year. Not if he play like 1 or 2 games in the KHL. Is probably KHL or VHL for Demidov. Can his team trade him for another team?

If he don't make the team on day 1. I can see him playing 20 games in the VHL and the rest in KHL.
As long as he isn't relegated to the MHL. At the very least he should play in the VHL.
I prefer 18 min in the VHL VS 6 min in the KHL.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
I don,t think they can bring him in the ahl this year. Not if he play like 1 or 2 games in the KHL. Is probably KHL or VHL for Demidov. Can his team trade him for another team?

If he don't make the team on day 1. I can see him playing 20 games in the VHL and the rest in KHL.

A trade is an option. It's ironically what SKA did with Khudnutdinov.

Marat wasn't getting good minutes and couldn't be loaned (final year of contract), so SKA traded him to Sochi then re-aquired his rights in the off-season.

So yes, the possibility exists of Demidov getting quality KHL ice time on another team than SKA.

Last edited:
Reactions: rahad

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
A trade is an option. It's ironically what SKA did with Khudnutdinov.

Marat wasn't getting good minutes and couldn't be loaned (final year of contract), so SKA traded him to Sochi then re-aquired his rights in the off-season.

So yes, the possibility exists of Demidov getting quality KHL ice time on another team than SKA.
I believe because it's the last year of his contract he can't be traded

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Oh. I had no idea he was part of the prestigious Puchkov tournament.

I have no idea what that is
KHL pre-season tournament named after Nikolay Puchkov, who won two olympic golds and 7 worlds as a starting goaltender for the Russian team.

Usually Russian KHL teams participate, 6-8 of them during their pre-season and a Russian U23 squad taken from KHL teams.

Canada has sent national teams in the past before the Ukraine war.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Meh..

Other than Maxim Fedotov, not a single player on this U23 squad is a KHL regular. Looks like teams didn't want to release any potential starters to the U23.

As for what this means for Demidov, not sure what to make of it.

Zavragin is going to play for Sochi for sure, Koromyslov will probably make Lada's roster, Kuzmin was a PPG player in the VHL last season. I'm pretty sure Ilia Fedotov will make Sochi. There are probably other KHLers on the team as well. Of course it's not the best Team Russia U23 because most of the top U23 are preparing for the season on their KHL teams, but there are some good players on it.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Young kid at Christmas vibes

Attachments

• 1000004382.png
    1000004382.png
    873.7 KB · Views: 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad