Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
FWIW, I'm definitely NOT in the camp that just being around and training with the pros is good enough. At 18, he needs to play as much as he possibly can. This is the time to get your reps in, as many as you can get.

Same here - I gotta think that something would get worked out if he's a 13th forward after a few weeks in the KHL. They've already opened discussions regarding his usage with the team.. so if he's just a 13th forward and don't see him bigger than that, I think the ability for Demidov to pay out his contract and go to Montreal would be pretty clear unless they send him to the VHL.

Reactions: Gustave and Redux91

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
FWIW, I'm definitely NOT in the camp that just being around and training with the pros is good enough. At 18, he needs to play as much as he possibly can. This is the time to get your reps in, as many as you can get.
The kid needs a meaningful role with his team in the KHL.
And that's the plan................if it doesn't go as planned, I think they will bring him over to the AHL.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Same here - I gotta think that something would get worked out if he's a 13th forward after a few weeks in the KHL. They've already opened discussions regarding his usage with the team.. so if he's just a 13th forward and don't see him bigger than that, I think the ability for Demidov to pay out his contract and go to Montreal would be pretty clear unless they send him to the VHL.
Given how stacked they are, it’s not in their interest to give a kid a top 9 role unless he earns it. He’s there for one year so they aren’t going to sacrifice a vets ice time for someone coming from junior who’s only there for the season. I hope he comes over sooner.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Given how stacked they are, it’s not in their interest to give a kid a top 9 role unless he earns it. He’s there for one year so they aren’t going to sacrifice a vets ice time for someone coming from junior who’s only there for the season. I hope he comes over sooner.

What 'earning it' might look to them could be different to what it might actually be - all I was trying to say is that if he is sitting there as a 13th forward after the first few weeks of the season and they aren't open to sending him to the VHL, I doubt SKA is going to deny the contract buyout for Montreal to get him over this year.

I don't see a circumstance where he's in the MHL or the 13th forward in the KHL for most/all of the season this year.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
What 'earning it' might look to them could be different to what it might actually be - all I was trying to say is that if he is sitting there as a 13th forward after the first few weeks of the season and they aren't open to sending him to the VHL, I doubt SKA is going to deny the contract buyout for Montreal to get him over this year.

I don't see a circumstance where he's in the MHL or the 13th forward in the KHL for most/all of the season this year.
Sorry if it sounded like I was arguing with you😊

Reactions: WeThreeKings

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
you dont think Montreal took into account this possibility in his D+1 when drafting him? I sure hope they did , if this is a big suprise to them I'd be worried

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
It's clearly not

Habs are obviously monitoring the situation very closely
It’s funny but the way his coach sounded, he was going to get every opportunity to succeed. Regardless, if he earns the ice time and moves up, all the better for the Habs.

Reactions: BLONG7

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
you dont think Montreal took into account this possibility in his D+1 when drafting him? I sure hope they did , if this is a big suprise to them I'd be worried

They took it into account - that's why they've been in discussions with SKA and his coach. He won't rot as a 13th forward long term there.

But with shit like this - unless they are being super cautious regarding his recovery, it won't be long before he's on a plane headed to Laval.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
And that's the plan................if it doesn't go as planned, I think they will bring him over to the AHL.

The KHL is option #1, but the VHL isn't a bad option either.

I mean if he was from Saskatoon he'd be in the CHL, which is much worse than the VHL. I don't think he's quite NHL ready yet.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
They took it into account - that's why they've been in discussions with SKA and his coach. He won't rot as a 13th forward long term there.

But with shit like this - unless they are being super cautious regarding his recovery, it won't be long before he's on a plane headed to Laval.
At least the #91 dream is still alive and possible :D

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The KHL is option #1, but the VHL isn't a bad option either.

I mean if he was from Saskatoon he'd be in the CHL, which is much worse than the VHL. I don't think he's quite NHL ready yet.

VHL is fine.. he just can't be a 13th forward or go back to the MHL. If either of those things happen, the Habs gotta work fast and quick with Demidov and SKA to end that. Neither of those options are good for his development.

At least the #91 dream is still alive and possible :D

I want him to have 91 so badly.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
VHL is fine.. he just can't be a 13th forward or go back to the MHL. If either of those things happen, the Habs gotta work fast and quick with Demidov and SKA to end that. Neither of those options are good for his development.

I want him to have 91 so badly.

Which is why he'll get ice time, somewhere. Like I've already said, talents like Demidov are too valuable to Russian hockey to sit and not develop.
Rotenberg can be a POS but he won't be allowed to bury Demidov (if that's his intention).
See Michkov as a good example.

Reactions: Shred

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Which is why he'll get ice time, somewhere. Like I've already said, talents like Demidov are too valuable to Russian hockey to sit and not develop.
Rotenberg can be a POS but he won't be allowed to bury Demidov (if that's his intention).
See Michkov as a good example.

Not concerned overly as of this moment, but pretty annoying he isn't playing in any of the scrimmages but could be an over-abundance of caution on his recovery.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018

Thought he had a recent injury, I always thought that was the reason for him not to play the scrimmages, i mean it be understandable

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not concerned overly as of this moment, but pretty annoying he isn't playing in any of the scrimmages but could be an over-abundance of caution on his recovery.
Inquiring minds are going to want to know. I expect the media will be asking questions sooner than later.

Bring

Him

Home

umm you do realize his home is in Russia. :sarcasm:

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Is the VHl a junior league or is more like the AHL? I see it's a minor league. he should dominate .

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I don't think they can bring him in the ahl this year. Not if he play like 1 or 2 games in the KHL. Is probably KHL or VHL for Demidov. Can his team trade him for another team?

If he don't make the team on day 1. I can see him playing 20 games in the VHL and the rest in KHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7 and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad