Speculation: 2024/25 Trade Rumours, Speculation etc Thread

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I don’t understand the constant Kevin Hayes hate around here. Wasn’t he one of, if not the most productive TDL acquisitions in the league that year? He put up more points than any Jet forward that wasn’t on the first line, that includes Laine, Ehlers AND LITTLE, who only had 2 points in that span.

Then playoffs come and PoMo does what PoMo did while he was here. PoMo would rather lose with his boys than win with someone else. Hayes has his TOI dropped from over 15 min/game to under 12, still keeps pace in points with Little who was getting over 16 min/game and better line mates.

Or are we just mad that Hayes spoke privately to his roommate about his time in Winnipeg then the roommate’s daddy wants to feel like a big shot insider on some obscure podcast and wanted to share the rumors? Which by the way, EVERYONE AGREES WITH WHAT HE SAID. I don’t think Hayes was out of line with anything he did.

People wonder why he didn’t enjoy his time here? He’s in line with a whole bunch of players who felt the same way.
The only thing I didn't like about that trade was that Bryan Little went ice cold after it. I think it rattled him a bit being demoted again, especially after re-signing here long term. And he was the 2C to start the playoffs once Laine and Ehlers were split up. If the Jets hadn't made that trade the Rangers wouldn't have a 1st round pick to trade back, definitely not the 2nd OA, so I wonder if Chevy knew that Trouba was on his way out before the season ended. I guarantee there were some tensions in that locker room, you could see it from Buff, on the ice.

Reactions: thereturn

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Can't entirely disagree but ... when does Coghlan get a game?

We don't have much LHD depth in the A. Kuzmin is the only LHD on an NHL contract with the Moose. And he isn't ready. Freij is the only other LHD in the system and he is further away.

Just for discussion, lets assume that Heinola is ready sometime soon. Lets also assume that he finally fulfills the high expectations we had for him several years ago. We can platoon him and Fleury to get different styles of play there. Does it then make sense to trade Stan? Or should we stay with 8 Dmen the whole season?

On one hand you could argue that we need that depth on the left side in case there are injuries. OTOH, you can choose to go with just 4 LHD. If 1 is injured, there is no real problem. If a 2nd is injured at the same time we could play a rightie on the left side. Or we could shop around for a replacement level LD as a temporary replacement. There are always some available cheaply.

How far do you go with keeping extras around as injury replacements?
I'm sure Coghlan is more than happy to be getting an NHL paycheque for a month to start the season. When Heinola comes back probably has conditioning stint. Same with Jared Anderson Dolan. There's not a rush to move anyone off the roster. And it's crazy for an unbeaten team to talk about trades at this point.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think you are making things up. No player on this team has more unwaivering fans than Ehlers.

When it comes to what the Jets do with him, I trust Chevy. Who are the best home grown players Chevy has let walk? Ladd? Overpaid and broken, might be some parallels here. We also may have gotten lucky that Ladd was asking I for an insane contract and Chevy wouldn’t cross that line. Trouba? I don’t think the Rangers are happy with that contract. Copp? LOL, go take a look on the Red Wing board for their feelings about him. Tanev, maybe? But he’s not a core guy. Lots of guys have filled the role of being on Lowry’s wing just fine.

Or Chevy thinks everything is fine and will re sign him, which I’m also good with. I think the main factor will be how the Jets feel about his medical situation.

I would add Laine to the list as well, wanted a fresh start, then wanted a fresh start again. PLD even more so but he wasn’t home grown. Guys that have wanted a fresh start, too much money, to play in NY, or fill in the blank have not really thrived elsewhere. This might be the catagory Chevy could lead with if he ever has to defend his track record to anyone.

Not sure what the plan is for Nik.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
I would add Laine to the list as well, wanted a fresh start, then wanted a fresh start again. PLD even more so but he wasn’t home grown. Guys that have wanted a fresh start, too much money, to play in NY, or fill in the blank have not really thrived elsewhere. This might be the catagory Chevy could lead with if he ever has to defend his track record to anyone.

Not sure what the plan is for Nik.
And even if PLD did well in LA the return was good.

PLD seems to be off to a good start with the Caps. 5 points in 6 games on what could be a badass line with Wilson. Seems like Blake is running a clown show in LA.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
And even if PLD did well in LA the return was good.

PLD seems to be off to a good start with the Caps. 5 points in 6 games on what could be a badass line with Wilson. Seems like Blake is running a clown show in LA.
Blake seems to have a good eye for defensemen. Clarke and Spence pushed out older guys. They probably wish they still had Faber though with Doughty out. I think it would have to be Robitaille and Blake getting tossed together, and the Kings are perenially battling for a playoff spot. Looks like Alex Turcotte took over Dubois's spot, in L.A, taking the long development path to get there. Goaltending is still the question mark after trading for Kuemper.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Watching the Sabres and Red Wings today and wonder if Byram becomes available as a pending RFA. He’s playing right side with Power on the 2nd pair. He’s a young dman who would be a nice upgrade in our top 4.

I can see a Morrissey type points explosion for him when he hits his prime. A nice replacement there. Wonder what the Sabres would need in a Byram deal?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Watching the Sabres and Red Wings today and wonder if Byram becomes available as a pending RFA. He’s playing right side with Power on the 2nd pair. He’s a young dman who would be a nice upgrade in our top 4.

I can see a Morrissey type points explosion for him when he hits his prime. A nice replacement there. Wonder what the Sabres would need in a Byram deal?

Well, they gave up Mittelstadt to get him, so figure it out from there.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Well, they gave up Mittelstadt to get him, so figure it out from there.
Would folks (or TNSE) give up Perfetti for him? With small add to make it work. If they resign Ehlers and Connor, Perfetti becomes a bit more ‘available’ potentially.

Though that’s a tough decision to make. The Jets would need more size at forward, if Ehlers and Connor are resigned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad