Speculation: 2024/25 Trade Rumours, Speculation etc Thread

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I don’t understand the constant Kevin Hayes hate around here. Wasn’t he one of, if not the most productive TDL acquisitions in the league that year? He put up more points than any Jet forward that wasn’t on the first line, that includes Laine, Ehlers AND LITTLE, who only had 2 points in that span.

Then playoffs come and PoMo does what PoMo did while he was here. PoMo would rather lose with his boys than win with someone else. Hayes has his TOI dropped from over 15 min/game to under 12, still keeps pace in points with Little who was getting over 16 min/game and better line mates.

Or are we just mad that Hayes spoke privately to his roommate about his time in Winnipeg then the roommate’s daddy wants to feel like a big shot insider on some obscure podcast and wanted to share the rumors? Which by the way, EVERYONE AGREES WITH WHAT HE SAID. I don’t think Hayes was out of line with anything he did.

People wonder why he didn’t enjoy his time here? He’s in line with a whole bunch of players who felt the same way.
The only thing I didn't like about that trade was that Bryan Little went ice cold after it. I think it rattled him a bit being demoted again, especially after re-signing here long term. And he was the 2C to start the playoffs once Laine and Ehlers were split up. If the Jets hadn't made that trade the Rangers wouldn't have a 1st round pick to trade back, definitely not the 2nd OA, so I wonder if Chevy knew that Trouba was on his way out before the season ended. I guarantee there were some tensions in that locker room, you could see it from Buff, on the ice.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Can't entirely disagree but ... when does Coghlan get a game?

We don't have much LHD depth in the A. Kuzmin is the only LHD on an NHL contract with the Moose. And he isn't ready. Freij is the only other LHD in the system and he is further away.

Just for discussion, lets assume that Heinola is ready sometime soon. Lets also assume that he finally fulfills the high expectations we had for him several years ago. We can platoon him and Fleury to get different styles of play there. Does it then make sense to trade Stan? Or should we stay with 8 Dmen the whole season?

On one hand you could argue that we need that depth on the left side in case there are injuries. OTOH, you can choose to go with just 4 LHD. If 1 is injured, there is no real problem. If a 2nd is injured at the same time we could play a rightie on the left side. Or we could shop around for a replacement level LD as a temporary replacement. There are always some available cheaply.

How far do you go with keeping extras around as injury replacements?
I'm sure Coghlan is more than happy to be getting an NHL paycheque for a month to start the season. When Heinola comes back probably has conditioning stint. Same with Jared Anderson Dolan. There's not a rush to move anyone off the roster. And it's crazy for an unbeaten team to talk about trades at this point.

Reactions: KingBogo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad