Speculation: 2024/25 Trade Rumours, Speculation etc Thread

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Was just looking ahead using the puck Pedia GM tool

It looks like we can basically re-sign our entire roster and have enough cap space to do it.

Good flexibility to have.
I could see Namestnikov and Iafallo moving on to other opportunities. Which would open some space for young players.

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
Was just looking ahead using the puck Pedia GM tool

It looks like we can basically re-sign our entire roster and have enough cap space to do it.

Good flexibility to have.
I feel like that's a very uncommon position for a playoff team to find themselves in, especially in Canada where it feels like everybody is overpaid.

Reactions: Buffdog

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I just don't think there is any way you can trade Ehlers now, going into his final season. The team wants to win and I think most people are in agreement that the Jets have a better chance of making the playoffs with Ehlers than without him. The Jets can't mortgage for next year with this core. And a trade of Ehlers won't be 1 for 1, in all likelihood, because of his contract status. It would more likely be prospective players, and for everyone in that dressing room losing a key player would be a message from management that they are not trying to win this year. I just hope the Jets don't use another 1st on a 2C.
Do the Jets really go the own rental route with such a valuable asset? Personally I don’t think the decision on Ehlers comes down to the TDL. If he won’t sign I think Chevy tries to make the best hockey trade he can well before the TDL so it isn’t a giving up on the season move. If Ehlers is willing to make his long term signing as part of the deal I think we could get a nice player or 2 in return.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
He does a lot of good things that aren't offensive in nature. Also he seems like a great team guy - bonded well.

I don't know if anyone remembers but there was concern when we acquired him that he was a Cali guy, loved surfing might not be happy to come to Winnipeg but he's been a total pro - works hard, never complains and seems to be very well liked.

Yeah, he's earning too much on the 4th line but I really like that line for the first time since Tanev - and the coaches do too playing them 12 reliable minutes a night.

That's good for the other lines, hopefully keep them better rested through the season. We might even see better efforts in b2bs
Not sure how any of your point proves iaffalo deserves a position over anyone else. Team guy, so?

32 out of 32 coaches would prefer Iafallo over Barron.
Love how you try to sell your opinion as a fact. I disagree.

Well he gets PP time. Arniel must see something. He actually had a strange game last night where he made two nice shot blocks in the defensive zone, which eventually ended up in the back of the net.

You can see a little bit of chemistry with Pionk on the ice, carrying over from his UMD days.
Yes and kc gets top line and you will get a million ppl on here who will disagree with it.

Reactions: Bigfish

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Do the Jets really go the own rental route with such a valuable asset? Personally I don’t think the decision on Ehlers comes down to the TDL. If he won’t sign I think Chevy tries to make the best hockey trade he can well before the TDL so it isn’t a giving up on the season move. If Ehlers is willing to make his long term signing as part of the deal I think we could get a nice player or 2 in return.

It has to be done, one way or the other fairly soon. After Xmas it begins looking like a TD sale.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
who is giving a nice player or 2 (whatever that means) for a ufa-1 who has all this terrible, un-play-with-able aspects of this game that a group of posters have outlined over this past while?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I could see Namestnikov and Iafallo moving on to other opportunities. Which would open some space for young players.
I'd keep Names over some other players.
He is no 2C but he can play a LOT of different roles on a team.
He's better than Gus, Kup, Barron and is in the same "tier" on the team as Apples.

For instance, if a top 6 player went down, Names could fill in, short term, for Nino while Nino went up or even be elevated into the top 6 (more likely?) with some confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad