Speculation: 2024/25 Trade Rumours, Speculation etc Thread

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Was just looking ahead using the puck Pedia GM tool

It looks like we can basically re-sign our entire roster and have enough cap space to do it.

Good flexibility to have.
I could see Namestnikov and Iafallo moving on to other opportunities. Which would open some space for young players.

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
Was just looking ahead using the puck Pedia GM tool

It looks like we can basically re-sign our entire roster and have enough cap space to do it.

Good flexibility to have.
I feel like that's a very uncommon position for a playoff team to find themselves in, especially in Canada where it feels like everybody is overpaid.

Reactions: Buffdog

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I just don't think there is any way you can trade Ehlers now, going into his final season. The team wants to win and I think most people are in agreement that the Jets have a better chance of making the playoffs with Ehlers than without him. The Jets can't mortgage for next year with this core. And a trade of Ehlers won't be 1 for 1, in all likelihood, because of his contract status. It would more likely be prospective players, and for everyone in that dressing room losing a key player would be a message from management that they are not trying to win this year. I just hope the Jets don't use another 1st on a 2C.
Do the Jets really go the own rental route with such a valuable asset? Personally I don’t think the decision on Ehlers comes down to the TDL. If he won’t sign I think Chevy tries to make the best hockey trade he can well before the TDL so it isn’t a giving up on the season move. If Ehlers is willing to make his long term signing as part of the deal I think we could get a nice player or 2 in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad