2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
The fact that the Blackhawks have given up 9 less goals than the Flyers in the same amount of games should really show how bad this f***ing team is. They are running at about 3.5 goals given up on average a game.

Briere is too f***ing stupid to realize that there are going to be a lot of players who don't want to be here.
the best part is we are 31st out of 32 teams and this is year 3 of a 3 year rebuild..

#sameoldEra...🤣

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
For the same reason a body continues to get worse when it has an infection that’s spreading and isnt being treated at all.

They still have Jones, Torts, the fat bald one, the advisors, Hilferty, and all their idiot hires.

Reactions: Taijuan Fedotov

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
the best part is we are 31st out of 32 teams and this is year 3 of a 3 year rebuild..

#sameoldEra...🤣
That's not a fair judgement of this teams qualities. Sharks are the only team that's tanking. Most are either trying to do half assed retool or slowly trying to contend following a rebuild. We are simply as bad as other bad teams. However the thing is that we don't have any rentals and god forbid they'll do a hockey trade given how inept their pro scouting is. Two years away from two years away.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Surprised there’s never been a Belarusian goalie to play in the NHL before.

Daniel Taylor ins Belarusian now... but was not when he played in the NHL aha.

But yeh, there have been 15x skaters and no goalies before last night. (not counting the guys like Miszuk, Misyul and Bautin who were born in Belarus but played for a different nation)

Ustimenko plays under a Russian flag but he actually dressed for a game and did not play and is Belarusian.

Flyers have more connections to Belarus than probably any other NHL team...

John Miszuk was the first Belarusian born player to play in the NHL in the 1960s and ofc played 2 seasons with the Flyers.
4 of the 18 Belarus born players in NHL history who dressed for 1+ game played for the Flyers.

Reactions: BernieParent

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
This is the 2nd year of what is probably a 5 year rebuild, by 2017-18 they should start to be competitive.
So far I have no problem with their drafts, especially seeing their D+1 seasons.

I know you made a typo with the years, but this is exceptionally funny because you've been saying they're 2 years from being 2 year away for about 6 years now.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I wanted to tank, so honestly the losses don't matter at all to me.

What I don't love...Regressions from....86, 71, 48, 8, 74....that is not good

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Has there ever been a more premature victory lap than the ones Jonesy took last season. 🤡

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad