2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Players who lack the fire rarely reach their potential, see Sam Gagner, for example.
I agree if they don't have the fire it is tough to find it in them, but he is still a kid and kids aren't exactly finished products. Is Foerster done growing? He only had 30 points last year so this org better hope not, but they were drafted the same year. The reality is that even with Michkov this team is still pretty low on high end talent in general. And Reichel has a lot of talent. Assuming the ask is low, why wouldn't they take a shot? At worst he trends down with you instead of Chicago and you pay very little to aquire him. At best your exactly what his development needs(because he is still developing) and you add high end talent that ends up among the top of the lineup.

I am genuinely not sure how a team with the flyer's current roster can justify saying "no thanks" if an offer was there. The hawks are probably gonna draft real high again this year, so I get why they would be down to move on, but the flyers? If not a trade like this, how do they add young talent with potential? Hope? The fact is right now they are trending towards the isles/wild roster construction. They need high end young talent. It is usually acquired via the draft, but the likely hood of finding stars where they will be picking isn't exactly high. Luchanko looks good, but no one knows if "star" is actually in the cards for him yet(as of now I would still guess possible top 6er actually)

If this "culture" they are developing is as advertised, there is a real possibility it is exactly what his development needs. I can't understand them saying "Nah, we have michkov and a bunch of mid, we're good"

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
I agree if they don't have the fire it is tough to find it in them, but he is still a kid and kids aren't exactly finished products. Is Foerster done growing? He only had 30 points last year so this org better hope not, but they were drafted the same year. The reality is that even with Michkov this team is still pretty low on high end talent in general. And Reichel has a lot of talent. Assuming the ask is low, why wouldn't they take a shot? At worst he trends down with you instead of Chicago and you pay very little to aquire him. At best your exactly what his development needs(because he is still developing) and you add high end talent that ends up among the top of the lineup.

I am genuinely not sure how a team with the flyer's current roster can justify saying "no thanks" if an offer was there. The hawks are probably gonna draft real high again this year, so I get why they would be down to move on, but the flyers? If not a trade like this, how do they add young talent with potential? Hope? The fact is right now they are trending towards the isles/wild roster construction. They need high end young talent. It is usually acquired via the draft, but the likely hood of finding stars where they will be picking isn't exactly high. Luchanko looks good, but no one knows if "star" is actually in the cards for him yet(as of now I would still guess possible top 6er actually)

If this "culture" they are developing is as advertised, there is a real possibility it is exactly what his development needs. I can't understand them saying "Nah, we have michkov and a bunch of mid, we're good"
Unfortunately it appears that this is how they seem to be operating. We will know for sure what they think next draft with 3 1st rd picks

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Supposedly the puck hit Seeler on the peroneal nerve.

I had a pinched peroneal nerve last year, & it caused foot numbness & “drop foot,” where I couldn’t even lift my toes on that foot from off the ground.

Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what he’s dealing with. I tried skating once with it, nearly 4 months after it happened, & forget it. Just didn’t work.

It’s fine now, but apparently it can be a crapshoot with how long it takes for a pinched peroneal nerve to heal.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Supposedly the puck hit Seeler on the peroneal nerve.

I had a pinched peroneal nerve last year, & it caused foot numbness & “drop foot,” where I couldn’t even lift my toes on that foot from off the ground.

Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what he’s dealing with. I tried skating once with it, nearly 4 months after it happened, & forget it. Just didn’t work.

It’s fine now, but apparently it can be a crapshoot with how long it takes for a pinched peroneal nerve to heal.

I was joking about an Ellis situation but uhhhhhh

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

The difference with Foerster is upside.
As a rookie he was elite defensively, played in all situations, showed really good board skills, and has a plus shot.
You don't have to worry about his work ethic, hockey IQ or motor.

This matters for development, but also for that 2nd/3rd contract, a lot of players will bear down when contemplating their next contract, then slough off once they're paid (wine, women and song). One key to team building is to identify the players motivated by competition, not money. The ones who hate to lose.

One reason why Michkov may be special, he's not just talented, but from all reports has that fire in the belly. Which is why I think he'll have zero problem with Torts. Players who want to win like to be pushed.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Seeler gonna have a tough year. Make that ext look bad.

The difference with Foerster is upside.
As a rookie he was elite defensively, played in all situations, showed really good board skills, and has a plus shot.
You don't have to worry about his work ethic, hockey IQ or motor.

This matters for development, but also for that 2nd/3rd contract, a lot of players will bear down when contemplating their next contract, then slough off once they're paid (wine, women and song). One key to team building is to identify the players motivated by competition, not money. The ones who hate to lose.

One reason why Michkov may be special, he's not just talented, but from all reports has that fire in the belly. Which is why I think he'll have zero problem with Torts. Players who want to win like to be pushed.
you throw that word elite around a lot when it comes to the Flyers.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Seeler gonna have a tough year. Make that ext look bad.

you throw that word elite around a lot when it comes to the Flyers.
When you're 99% according to metrics on aspect of play, yeah, that's "elite."
Doesn't mean you're an elite player, that's a different matter.
But be among the 1% of the best in anything you do, is pretty impressive.
(384 starting forwards, 1% is 4)

Foerster will be limited by his lack of speed, but he should fill out to 6'2 220 (listed at 215 at TC) or so, has good hands and a plus shot, perfect for a PF. Mark Stone (but stay healthy) is the player he should model his game after.

Notice he's on the 2nd line with Tippett and Frost, he'll do the dirty work on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad