2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Players who lack the fire rarely reach their potential, see Sam Gagner, for example.
I agree if they don't have the fire it is tough to find it in them, but he is still a kid and kids aren't exactly finished products. Is Foerster done growing? He only had 30 points last year so this org better hope not, but they were drafted the same year. The reality is that even with Michkov this team is still pretty low on high end talent in general. And Reichel has a lot of talent. Assuming the ask is low, why wouldn't they take a shot? At worst he trends down with you instead of Chicago and you pay very little to aquire him. At best your exactly what his development needs(because he is still developing) and you add high end talent that ends up among the top of the lineup.

I am genuinely not sure how a team with the flyer's current roster can justify saying "no thanks" if an offer was there. The hawks are probably gonna draft real high again this year, so I get why they would be down to move on, but the flyers? If not a trade like this, how do they add young talent with potential? Hope? The fact is right now they are trending towards the isles/wild roster construction. They need high end young talent. It is usually acquired via the draft, but the likely hood of finding stars where they will be picking isn't exactly high. Luchanko looks good, but no one knows if "star" is actually in the cards for him yet(as of now I would still guess possible top 6er actually)

If this "culture" they are developing is as advertised, there is a real possibility it is exactly what his development needs. I can't understand them saying "Nah, we have michkov and a bunch of mid, we're good"

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad