Player Discussion Cole Koepke

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Didn't see a thread for him so I thought I'd start one. He's been impressive going back to the pre-season. Through two games at 5v5 among Bruins players....

FF% - 1st
SF% - 1st
GF% - 1st
xGF% - 1st
SCF% - 1st
HDCF% - 1st
HDGF% - 1st

For the non-advanced stat folks, with Koepke on the ice the Bruins are.....

Shots: 14-3 (adv BOS)
Goals: 4-0 (adv BOS)
Chances: 15-8 (adv BOS)
HD Chances: 10-3 (adv BOS)
HD Goals: 2-0 (adv BOS)

So far he's been exactly what this team needs in its bottom 6. A guy that gets the dirty area, play hard and wears the other team down.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Didn't see a thread for him so I thought I'd start one. He's been impressive going back to the pre-season. Through two games at 5v5 among Bruins players....

FF% - 1st
SF% - 1st
GF% - 1st
xGF% - 1st
SCF% - 1st
HDCF% - 1st
HDGF% - 1st

For the non-advanced stat folks, with Koepke on the ice the Bruins are.....

Shots: 14-3 (adv BOS)
Goals: 4-0 (adv BOS)
Chances: 15-8 (adv BOS)
HD Chances: 10-3 (adv BOS)
HD Goals: 2-0 (adv BOS)

So far he's been exactly what this team needs in its bottom 6. A guy that gets the dirty area, play hard and wears the other team down.
Seems like a bit more physical Heinen thru 2 games. He is 26, so I would say unless he gets some type of above average chemistry with Beecher & Kastelic he will revert
to a 4th line tweener.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Oh boy advanced statistics, all those letters and %%%%%%%%%% out the wazoo.

Now tell us, did you play with your Alphabet soup as a child?:sarcasm:

Front Offices love nerds these days, you should apply. (In fact, they've destroyed baseball,)

I KID, I KID!

triumph.jpg

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He seems to have a little bit of everything - decent size and hands, good wheels, IQ seems solid. We may finally have a 4th line that can buzzsaw their way on the forecheck and transition on a consistent basis. Hope the kid keeps making the most of his opportunities!

Reactions: Ladyfan

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Oh boy advanced statistics, all those letters and %%%%%%%%%% out the wazoo.

Now tell us, did you play with your Alphabet soup as a child?:sarcasm:

Front Offices love nerds these days, you should apply. (In fact, they've destroyed baseball,)

I KID, I KID!

View attachment 915182

The funny thing I've found with advanced stats is there really just a different way of presenting regular stats. For example that stat above of shots being 14-3 in Boston's favor with Cole on the ice. That's a pretty basic/regular stat. Saying 82.3% of the shots are for Boston with Cole on the ice is literally saying the same thing as shots being 14-3 in favor of Boston with Cole on the ice.

Reactions: BradMarchandismydad

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I had to go look up how we even got him.

These cheap FA's beat out all the kids, and I'm here for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad