2024-25 Roster…too soon?

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

New player numbers. KK is moving back to #14, the number he wore in Seattle, giving Lev #55. Reichel is switching numbers too (going with his number from Germany), which is interesting considering that JR is going into the Hall.

Honestly feel like Seabs, JR and co should not be retired. We already have like 8 at this point with 19,88, and 2 already set to join. Have to up the standards a bit

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Honestly feel like Seabs, JR and co should not be retired. We already have like 8 at this point with 19,88, and 2 already set to join. Have to up the standards a bit

I mean.. #7 is already retired for Chelios. Don't think it'll be a big issue if Seabs shares that same number in retirement. Dude played his entire 15 year career here. Over 1100 games, 3 cups, 4 time all star, Alternate captain, etc. If anything Seabrook is most deserving of it over Roenick and even Hossa.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I mean.. #7 is already retired for Chelios. Don't think it'll be a big issue if Seabs shares that same number in retirement. Dude played his entire 15 year career here. Over 1100 games, 3 cups, 4 time all star, Alternate captain, etc. If anything Seabrook is most deserving of it over Roenick and even Hossa.

Man that Hossa jersey retirement is just going to look so dumb in hindsight. It was dumb at the time. We all love Hoss but he only spent 40% of his career here and he was out of prime for more than half those games.

If Hossa gets his jersey retired after 534 games as a Hawk, it's tough to argue against any of the other 3-time Cup winners, or guys like Roenick, Wilson and Larmer. Next thing you know the Hawks are going to have 15+ retired numbers. Starts to become silly really.

1, 3, 7, 9, 18, 21, 35 and 81 already retired.

2, 19 and 88 slam-dunks to be retired over the next 5 years.

Cases to be made for 4, 10, 24, 27 and 28.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Hall of Fame and they had to spend the majority of their time here vs playing outside of Chicago is how they should do it imo.

Personally not a fan of Hossa being retired either since he spent the vast majority of his career elsewhere even if he had more games and more years in Chicago vs any of Ottawa, Atlanta, Detroit on an individual basis.

Also it’s pretty silly to me we have 6 cups and 11 retired numbers (I’m counting Toews Kane and Keith already) when Detroit has 11 cups and only 8 retired numbers.

Don’t want to be like the Rangers and have a ton of retired numbers for players who didn’t need their number retired

Last edited:

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Hall of Fame and they had to spend the majority of their time here vs playing outside of Chicago is how they should do it imo.

Personally not a fan of Hossa being retired either since he spent the vast majority of his career elsewhere even if he had more games and more years in Chicago vs any of Ottawa, Atlanta, Detroit on an individual basis.

Also it’s pretty silly to me we have 6 cups and 11 retired numbers (I’m counting Toews Kane and Keith already) when Detroit has 11 cups and only 8 retired numbers.

Don’t want to be like the Rangers and have a ton of retired numbers for players who didn’t need their number retired
Honest question, who would you take away from having their numbers retired? Most of the guys who have them retired are award winners and hall of famers in the NHL, or cup champions or all three.

The only arguments I could possibly see are Roenick and Hossa. The Red Wings thing isn’t really an issue. It just shows that despite both teams being around for over one hundred years, they truly sucked for a long time. That’s why neither team has many numbers retired.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Honest question, who would you take away from having their numbers retired? Most of the guys who have them retired are award winners and hall of famers in the NHL, or cup champions or all three.

The only arguments I could possibly see are Roenick and Hossa. The Red Wings thing isn’t really an issue. It just shows that despite both teams being around for over one hundred years, they truly sucked for a long time. That’s why neither team has many numbers retired.
Mainly Hossa and Roenick if that happens.

I do not feel Seabrook, Sharp, Hjalmarsson, Crawford should be retired either. All of the above could easily be in a ring of honor of some sort but I feel number retirements should be the greatest and those in the hall of fame (with Magnusson being a bit of an exception).

Reactions: HawksDub89

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hossa is in HOF and people will remember him as Hawk and his career's defining moments were as a Hawk

His # going up is more than reasonable

The fact #24 has not gone up needs to be addressed

Reactions: Styles

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Hossa is in HOF and people will remember him as Hawk and his career's defining moments were as a Hawk

His # going up is more than reasonable

The fact #24 has not gone up needs to be addressed
Maybe he should try to make some step up to thr organization. Sure nobody is around that was at the top but his 2010 offseason moves were seen as spiteful.

Chelios made ammends and worked with the team to earn it. Will Wilson do that? He works for Pittsburgh now

Reactions: Giovi

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
The worst timeline. Stan probably picks a dman trying to replace Hammer but he couldn't pick dmen for shit until the very end of his tenure.

Even if we got a first the sharks made the WCF in 2011 the best dman at that range was Scott Mayfield and Adam Clendenning. Would have been an all time oof

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad