2024-25 Roster…too soon?

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Let's not act like Bedard doesn't know how to pass the puck. If anything, his passing and vision is arguably just as elite as his shot. I doubt that would be much of an issue if both were on the same line. I prefer Teravainen on Bedard's line because he's better defensively and Laine won't solve the issue of that 1st line getting caved in 5 on 5 other than his size on that line (which would be most welcomed on this team). He would be a better fit with Nazar though no doubt.

But like I said, there's just way too many bodies. I personally still don't get the Maroon acquisition even if there's injuries (sure he's big and can eat fists, but he's slow as molasses and old and not very good defensively. Its like we got Perry back but without the offensive talent) but that's another discussion.

I never said Bedard wasn't a great playmaker but he is foremost a shooter. Yes he can make plays, but he has a singularly great shot. His shot is what's made him as special a player as he is -- it's what makes him a generational prospect. You don't want Bedard deferring. You want him scoring.

Reactions: Pertti

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The problem with justifying punting picks away is that it’s not exactly hard to sign free agents and just not give up draft picks. Like two years ago people would be clamoring to trade for Tyler Bertuzzi probably.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Laine goes against just about everything that KD is trying to build so it will never happen. Dudes a bum anyway that people have an idea in their head that he can still score goals. It’s not 2018. He’s a total head case that’s washed up. Has a bunch of personal problems that never got him to the next level. And likely won’t.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Let’s just let the process play out this year with what we have. Still want a top five pick next draft.

‘25-‘26 season maybe fill in another gap or two if the older draft picks aren’t making it. Nothing extraordinary or extravagant. Let it happen organically.

Reactions: TheFridge

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Let’s just let the process play out this year with what we have. Still want a top five pick next draft.

‘25-‘26 season maybe fill in another gap or two if the older draft picks aren’t making it. Nothing extraordinary or extravagant. Let it happen organically.

Yep. There is no need to rush anything. Obviously Bedard needed more help than he had last year, in part due to so many injuries, but we're entering year 3 of the rebuild now. No need to get crazy. We only have one truly elite talent in Bedard, with some other promising pieces but the Hawks will need more elite pieces to contend.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Laine goes against just about everything that KD is trying to build so it will never happen. Dudes a bum anyway that people have an idea in their head that he can still score goals. It’s not 2018. He’s a total head case that’s washed up. Has a bunch of personal problems that never got him to the next level. And likely won’t.

Even in 18 games last year he scored 6 goals. He's been at 1.3 G/60 per every year in his career except one. But sure, go off. And the dude checked HIMSELF to get the help he needs. That is commendable. The hardest thing anyone ever has to do is admitting they have a problem.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
im sure I could find the vlasic thread but, 6 X 4.6 88% Projected War, brock faber 8 X 8.5 40% Proj W kayden guhle 6 X.55 13% prejected War. that is a steal of a contract for at worst a #3 D.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I would do almost anything to obtain Askarov..he would be perfect fit for the core..Toronto 1st and Adam Gajan get it done?

You could offer the Hawks own first and the Preds still wouldn't do it. There's 0 shot they trade that guy within the division and have him terrorize them for years.

Reactions: belfour30

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
There are reasons why the Predators didn't think Askarov was part of the future plan...demanding a trade when you didn't even start AHL playoff games isnt a flex.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
There are reasons why the Predators didn't think Askarov was part of the future plan...demanding a trade when you didn't even start AHL playoff games isnt a flex.
I would 100% request a trade if I was him. Hes already played very well in the AHL for 2 seasons. 22 year old 11th overall with no shot to start for the next 5 years or so in Nashville. Hes got to look out for his own career.

Not to mention they have been linking him in trades for years now and they arnt even letting him back up Saros to burn years. Hes riding around in a bus for anther year and possibly 1 more to play Scott Wedgewood. CMON.

Last edited:

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I would 100% request a trade if I was him. Hes already played very well in the AHL for 2 seasons. 22 year old 11th overall with no shot to start for the next 5 years or so in Nashville. Hes got to look out for his own career.

Not to mention they have linking him in trades for years now and they arnt even letting him back up Saros to burn years. Hes riding around in a bus for anther year and possibly 1 more to play Scott Wedwood. CMON.
He played well in front of a great team. He lost his net in the playoffs to Troy Grosenick. Nashville said he isnt ready for the NHL...I get he is stuck behind Saros but Askarov isnt so good that he should be demanding a trade and a spot on an NHL roster yet.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
He played well in front of a great team. He lost his net in the playoffs to Troy Grosenick. Nashville said he isnt ready for the NHL...I get he is stuck behind Saros but Askarov isnt so good that he should be demanding a trade and a spot on an NHL roster yet.
He is that good and has that much potential where he should demand it and 20 other teams will be trying to trade for him.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
what you're not offering your 1st round pick, lol. Probably don't even offer Toronto's pick. Offer them like Dach, Gajan and a couple 2nds. Not saying they'll accept but you don't need to make a Godfather offer. They can hold Askarov hostage but he won't make it easy for them.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
what you're not offering your 1st round pick, lol. Probably don't even offer Toronto's pick. Offer them like Dach, Gajan and a couple 2nds. Not saying they'll accept but you don't need to make a Godfather offer. They can hold Askarov hostage but he won't make it easy for them.

Again they are not gonna trade Askarov within the division. It makes 0 sense from them. Hawks could offer the moon and they would still turn it down. There's alot of other teams in the league they would trade with before they even entertain any team in the Central.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
You could offer the Hawks own first and the Preds still wouldn't do it. There's 0 shot they trade that guy within the division and have him terrorize them for years.
There are multiple reasons why the Hawks won't get Askarov, and this is one of them.

Maybe they shouldn't have won the dumb play in round in 2020.

Reactions: clydesdale line

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
lol, Goalies go through ups and downs. He played the majority of the year, was one of the best goalies in the AHL all year long. 10-15 games doesn't make him a bad goalie.
He played in front of a good Admirals team and had average stats. Hype is overshadowing performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00