2024-25 Roster…too soon?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Kurashev’s mildly better than just a guy, but is absolutely someone you don’t pay. Easy to find vets on cheap deals who do what he does.

BRayne

May 5, 2011
Bertuzzi - Bedard - Teravainen
Reichel - Athanasiou - Kurashev
Hall - Dickinson - Mikheyev
Foligno - Donato - Smith

Vlasic - Jones
Martinez - Murphy
Kaiser - Brodie

Mrazek
Brossoit

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
The idea of Dickinson as a top 6 C is absurd

Hawks being one line team does not help Bedard and either Nazar is our #2C or Davidson has to go get an interim option

Also, if we move Kurashev away from Bedard he likely becomes worthless again

Bertuzzi-Bedard-Kurashev
Hall-Nazar-Teravainen

That should be top 6 if no C is acquired
No it's not. This is not a team that needs to win this year, so who cares if we have a bottom 6 plug in the top 6 unless it's actively harming a young player?

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
The idea of Dickinson as a top 6 C is absurd

Hawks being one line team does not help Bedard and either Nazar is our #2C or Davidson has to go get an interim option

Also, if we move Kurashev away from Bedard he likely becomes worthless again

Bertuzzi-Bedard-Kurashev
Hall-Nazar-Teravainen

That should be top 6 if no C is acquired
If Kurashev can perform without Bedard then he is not worth the big contract he will be asking for. He needs to prove his value independent of his linemate if he wants to be a piece of this core moving forward. Can he help drive a line or is he just a passenger is the question?

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
If Kurashev can perform without Bedard then he is not worth the big contract he will be asking for. He needs to prove his value independent of his linemate if he wants to be a piece of this core moving forward. Can he help drive a line or is he just a passenger is the question?
I think you mean cannot for the bolded. If so, I completely agree.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
so many forward combo options, looking forward to see the battle for 2C, my hope is that Nazar wins the job out of camp

Bertuzzi/Hall - Bedard - Teravainen
Bertuzzi/Hall - Nazar - Kurashev
Foligno - Dickinson - Mikheyev
AA/Anderson - Donato - Smith

AA/Anderson

Call it a hunch but something tells me Bertuzzi-Nazar combo is going to click...just see the two of them meshing to become a duo that compliments each other a great deal.

Dickinson is best served as a 3C however could likely be a stop gap for awhile at 2C.

My guess is that Nazar/Kurashev/AA/Reichel all get shots at becoming the 2C at some point this season.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Kurashev’s mildly better than just a guy, but is absolutely someone you don’t pay. Easy to find vets on cheap deals who do what he does.
100% agree that you need to find out if Kurashev is legit away from Bedard. Can't afford to pay PK as a legit scoring line player if he's only that because he's riding on Bedard's coattails.

(Am I the only person who keeps wanting to spell Bedard as Berard?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wally1112pac

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
(Am I the only person who keeps want to spell Bedard as Berard?)

berard.jpg

The Real Berard.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I like Kurashev's versatility ....he seems to be able play on any line if need be....that's the skillset that flies under the radar around here.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Kurashev is a useful player, but, to me, he's obviously not a 50+ point player. He should not be paid as one. Would be helpful to try and understand his contract ask before the TDL this year.

I would look to move him for a younger player if the ask is too high. ZERO reason to get to arbitration again with this player because you will not like the number.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Bedard and Kurashev played well together, of course they'll start the next together imo. Doesn't mean other combos won't be tried and perhaps become the more regular ones, but you're not separating them just for the sake of trying to prove a point.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
Reichel - Athanasiou - Kurashev
Hall - Dickinson - Mikheyev
Foligno - Donato - Smith

Vlasic - Jones
Martinez - Murphy
Kaiser - Brodie

Mrazek
Brossoit
Forwards:
Hall - Athanasiou - Smith
Reichel - Donato - Kurashev
Maroon-floater
Defense:
Vlasic - Jones
Martinez - Brodie
Korchinski - Murphy
Goalies:
Mrazek
Brossoit

Last edited:

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Bunch of right shooters out from last year(Johnson, Johnson, Raddysh, Entwistle, Blackwell, Perry), down to Bedard, Smith, Nazar, and Joey...unless I'm confusing a forward. Guttman is a righty too, but I don't think LR likes him too much.

After KD's press conference talking about competition for toi, I will assume KD will pick up one more right shot or 1 or more of Rolston, Nazar, or Hayes have a spot with one of their names on it.

We know LR isn't afraid to load up with everyone shooting from one side, but I don't think KD is going let his coach show off that particular coaching skill set, right?

Correct me if I'm missing a right shooting forward, I was blinded by bad play at times last year.

They're going to need one of those righties playing in the top 6.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Forwards:
Hall - Athanasiou - Smith
Reichel - Donato - Kurashev
Maroon-floater
Defense:
Vlasic - Jones
Martinez - Brodie
Korchinski - Murphy
Goalies:
Mrazek
Brossoit
great point! Maybe the GM should have thought of that before signing 4 LH Forwards blocking players like Nazar. I edited my lineup to add Smit to 2nd line and dropped Kurashev to 4th to play with Reichel

Smith is barely a #12F on an NHL roster at this point him being on 2nd line is absurd

And dropping our 2nd leading scorer (18G + 36A for 54 pts) to the 4th line is also absurd

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm assuming Hall is hardly playing this year. Have we even gotten any news on his recovery or health status?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad