2024-25 Roster…too soon?

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Some games Versteeg was 2C, some games Kopecky was 2C, some games Bolland was 2C. Sharp never was just let stay there at center. Q didn't prefer it.

I don't remember Versteeg ever playing centre during 2010. I remember Kopecky playing centre in 2010-11.

I don't think Sharp wanted to play centre, but did so during the 2010 Cup run bc you're playing for the Cup. Certainly would have solved some line balance issues for Q if Sharp did just play centre, so can't imagine it was a Q thing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At end of day Sharp was better at wing

But when you have no viable #2C option it didn't make sense not playing Sharp there at least until viable alternatives arrived in Handzus and Richards but they were stopgaps (Successful stopgaps)

Failure to add a viable #2C has been problem for Hawks for a while

I could have sworn Sharp centered Hossa and Brouwer in 09-10.

He was especially in finals

Brouwer issues (I believe his father) caused him to miss some games during playoffs

But in finals it was Brouwer-Sharp-Hossa

I never recall Versteeg at C ever

Kopecky was moved from C to wing often in pinch or in event of injury thru lineup

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Sorry if I as a fan dont desire to see another year of shit at #2C and promising kid have his career ruined by idiotic mismanagement

The idea of again pushing Reichel into #2C spot only for our dickhead coach to screw him around when it doesn't work out should be something everyone here disagrees with

Sorry if its outlandish to expect our GM to make moves to improve shitty team and give kids chances to play over shitty vets with no futures

At end of day we already can chalk up little hope for development for youth for another year by signings and fact our awful coach remains behind bench

It's not asking for a lot for the team to plan to ice more than one scoring line
Lol, this team isn't playoff bound. They brought in way more help than he had last year, they don't need to sign every UFA out there to fill every hole. Reichel isn't even an option anyway.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Looking I may be wrong, I thought watching back there were more games in 2010 cup where someone else actually was 2nd line center. Thay might of only been vs Nashville when injures were a factor

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Some games Versteeg was 2C, some games Kopecky was 2C, some games Bolland was 2C. Sharp never was just let stay there at center. Q didn't prefer it.

If I recall correctly Sharp was 2C far more often than anyone else you mentioned there(including the entire playoff run), Bolland missed most of the regular season.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Looking I may be wrong, I thought watching back there were more games in 2010 cup where someone else actually was 2nd line center. Thay might of only been vs Nashville when injures were a factor

I’m like 99% sure Sharp was 2C for the entirety of the playoff run, maybe I’m forgetting a game or 2 with lineups effected by injury as you mentioned but I don’t think so. He was centering Brouwer and Hossa and then towards the end of the SCF it was Ladd and Kane.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Bertuzzi-Bedard-TT
Hall-Dickinson-Kurashev
Reichel-AA-Mikheyev
Foligno-Donato-Smith

I'd probably start here.
And if Nazar earns a spot on the team coming out of camp, just push Dickinson on down 1 spot. I actually think Dickinson would be a good match with Reichel, being defensively responsible.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Not even 1 week into Free Agency. There is plenty of time to make more moves if they feel they need to.

Prospects won't get rushed just to keep their head above water. If Nazar makes the roster he earned it and he showed he was ready.

Reactions: Muffinalt

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Donato, Smith or AA are not going to keep any kids out of the lineup that earn a spot. All players can easily be moved out/released if needed. The only youngster that looks poised to make it out of the gate is Nazar so the point is pretty moot imo.

Your last sentence is based on what?

He’ll have to earn it like everyone else. He played three games last year lol.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Based on reality. The only younger player that looks poised to make the jump is him. Where the hell did I say he doesn't have to earn a spot?

How can it be based on reality when training camp hasn’t even started yet? I guess I’m curious how you’re coming to that conclusion when we’ve only seen Nazar play three games.

I don’t think it’s crazy to suggest he could win a spot out of camp, but I’m not sure how he’s “poised to make the jump” before camp has even started.

We’ll see though

Going to be a competitive camp for sure

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
How can it be based on reality when training camp hasn’t even started yet? I guess I’m curious how you’re coming to that conclusion when we’ve only seen Nazar play three games.

I don’t think it’s crazy to suggest he could win a spot out of camp, but I’m not sure how he’s “poised to make the jump” before camp has even started.

We’ll see though

Probably because he’s got the most talent/upside and is considered our top forward prospect at this point.

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
Big of him to admit he was dead wrong about rushing Korchinski to the NHL
I'd argue that the Hawks were stuck between a rock and a hard place with KK. The AHL wasn't an option for him based on CHL rules and what was another year of playing in the WHL going to do for him? Why not let him take his lumps with the big club when there was a spot for him?

Then his 8 game window goes, his father passes, and everyone gets hurt and now he has to play with a revolving door of scrubs while getting his butt kicked every night. So while last year was not certainly ideal for KK, I still content that playing with the Hawks was better for him than leaving him in juniors.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

We’ll see though

Going to be a competitive camp for sure
I take it you haven't read the thread and the posters saying there is no room for the youth this year? Go back and reread those posts which is what I am commenting on. I am clearly saying that if a young player is good enough to earn a spot on this roster, the likes of Smith, AA, Donato etc won't hold them back. But, the only player right now AT THIS MOMENT that looks to even make a case as a rookie to crack the lineup is Nazar. Never said he will, but he clearly is by far the most talented forward we have in our system. There is no log jam for our youth right now that some are claiming. Not sure what is hard to understand here...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad