2024-25 Roster…too soon?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Wish we put up Korchinski for Gauthier if we had hindsight we were gunna take Levshunov. We would have our big time top line wing in the system.

Vlasic-Levshunov
Del Mastro-Jones
Kaiser-Rinzel
Allen

Reactions: scorehawks

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Detroit's moves today are strange to put it lightly. There's an obvious connection there with Yzerman and Stamkos, or it could be to clear room for another big piece. Just a couple of weird trades by them today.

Reactions: TheFridge

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Swap out Teravainen for Ehlers. Swap out Reichel because he'll be in the Ehlers deal. Move Slaggert to the Dickinson line. Add Dakota Joshua to the 4th line.....done.
Dakota may be too pricey for a 4 th. liner

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010
Is it possible to sign a Reinhart or someone to a 1 year deal for the max of 17 million.

And then you immediately flip him with retention for assets.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Is it possible to sign a Reinhart or someone to a 1 year deal for the max of 17 million.

And then you immediately flip him with retention for assets.

1) The league would immediately open investigation with Hawks enduring harsh penalty
2) NHLPA would open investigation
3) Agent involved would likely face potential punishment
4) Player involved would face both scrutiny from NHLPA and NHL facing potential punishment

It would be very blatant violation of CBA

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
1) The league would immediately open investigation with Hawks enduring harsh penalty
2) NHLPA would open investigation
3) Agent involved would likely face potential punishment
4) Player involved would face both scrutiny from NHLPA and NHL facing potential punishment

It would be very blatant violation of CBA
What's the violation, exactly? If they keep him until the TD, I don't see an issue.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
What's the violation, exactly? If they keep him until the TD, I don't see an issue.
I had the exact same thought but the original poster meant that Reinhart was traded on 7/2 essentially immediately after being signed.

I don't think it would be a CBA violation because the full amount of the players compensation would be included in the cap so no issue with linkage to 50% of HRR.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Not to be impatient, but what do we think the odds are that the Hawks make a move before the Draft? They could very well make moves over draft weekend and the day of free agency, but I'd love for them to do something -- even if it's to help another team close to the cap clear space before 7/1. I'm just seeing very little rumors and buzz surrounding trade/FA plans. It's mostly just draft debate surrounding second overall.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Not to be impatient, but what do we think the odds are that the Hawks make a move before the Draft?
Well, they did already with the Islanders trade.

Friedman was saying a McGroarty trade could happen before the draft. So if Chicago is in on him, that could happen.

But for the most part I'm not expecting too much to happen until draft night. A lot of movement depends on who's available when teams are picking.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Well, they did already with the Islanders trade.

Friedman was saying a McGroarty trade could happen before the draft. So if Chicago is in on him, that could happen.

But for the most part I'm not expecting too much to happen until draft night. A lot of movement depends on who's available when teams are picking.
This is true (re: Isles trade). However, I was thinking more along the lines of an NHL roster player; think trading for someone's FA rights, adding a "bad" contract with a pick attached, or getting Bedard some more help. McGroarty fits the rebuild timeline and am hopefully we are seriously in the mix on him.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Dakota may be too pricey for a 4 th. liner
Glad to put him on any line because practically any line could use his physicality.....but yes, probably right about the 4th line and cost.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Was he in charge of Oilers getting Ekholm and Hyman? Nurse contract? No goalie help? Hm

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

giphy.webp

Just blow it all up then

No point in wasting careers of Bedard, Vlasic, etc

Was he in charge of Oilers getting Ekholm and Hyman? Nurse contract? No goalie help? Hm

He signed Nurse and Campbell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
there was another hire they made years ago from another canadian team and the guy had a bad track record as their GM, believe it was a Montreal gm (Pierre Gauthier? ), but if its in an advisory type of role its probably meaningless...maybe he works remote in detroit but is a soundboard for davidson and co

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad