2024-25 Roster…too soon?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Of course you aren't. Unless they're generational talents you are never happy. Hell, you criticized Bedard during the season too when he wasn't PPG playing with crap.
I didn't realize how much garbage was around him until much later in the season. I shut up about Bedard once he started scoring.

Hopefully a couple of Nazar/Moore/Boisvert/Vanacker/Kantserov can hit in a huge way and the Hawks actually have some F.

I also hope they can get their hands on Martone or McQueen next year.

Last edited:

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Oh 100% but it's not like they've neglected completely either. They got Dickinson who I'm on record in saying he'll end up being the best defenseman in the draft and Leo Sahlin-Wallenius looks promising. They also have Cagnoni and Pohlkamp in the system too (neither guy is in the Dickinson elite range but they both can be solid bottom pair guys).
We’ll see about Dickinson. He could very well be a player that peaked early because he was in a man’s body before everyone else. He was also on an extremely stacked team which may skew results.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
From a rebuilding standpoint, I would much rather have the D core the Hawks have with Bedard than very little D (Dickinson about the only relatively sure piece) and a few more forward options that San Jose has. D take longer to develop and we likely have one if not 2 more chances to add core high end forward pieces in the next couple of drafts (we likely are still a top 10 pick if not top 5 this year). Vlassic, Lev, Korchinski, Rinzel, EDM, Kaiser, Allan give us a really good chance of having a very good to great home grown D core to add to Jones (who is a quality competent NHL D...not worth his salary but not awful as some try to claim).

Reactions: Muffinalt

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I believe in Mike Smith philosophy of building from net out

Buildup your G/D depth and then focus on forwards. Also easier to acquire impact forward via trade or FA

Always wonder how things would have worked out of Smith would have not been fired as he was stocking system well

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
From a rebuilding standpoint, I would much rather have the D core the Hawks have with Bedard than very little D (Dickinson about the only relatively sure piece) and a few more forward options that San Jose has. D take longer to develop and we likely have one if not 2 more chances to add core high end forward pieces in the next couple of drafts (we likely are still a top 10 pick if not top 5 this year). Vlassic, Lev, Korchinski, Rinzel, EDM, Kaiser, Allan give us a really good chance of having a very good to great home grown D core to add to Jones (who is a quality competent NHL D...not worth his salary but not awful as some try to claim).
I think you're underestimating just how good Celebrini and Smith are.

But that said, the Sharks have maybe one guy with the potential that Lev/Korch have plus the Hawks have Jones and Vlasic signed long term.

Jones is an athletic freak so as long as he doesn't just lose his ability to skate he should be at least a middle pairing D for the duration of his deal.

Last edited:

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Doesn't have to be an either or situation.

I'm impressed by what the Sharks are building, and loving how our young pool is shaping up.

Both teams still need holes filled but down the line we should be competing against each other for a few good years.

I wish we could've gotten Askarov though. I would've paid that price.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I'll take Bedard and a bunch of turds over any other young forward prospect group.
Seriously. Bedard is so above Celebrini, Smith and whoever else it’s not even funny.

Hawks are probably 10 points better this year just from him being 19 this year.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Doesn't have to be an either or situation.

I'm impressed by what the Sharks are building, and loving how our young pool is shaping up.

Both teams still need holes filled but down the line we should be competing against each other for a few good years.

I wish we could've gotten Askarov though. I would've paid that price.
Hawks have no holes in prospect pool.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Seriously. Bedard is so above Celebrini, Smith and whoever else it’s not even funny.

Hawks are probably 10 points better this year just from him being 19 this year.
Smith has legit 100 point upside and Celebrini can easily become a 90+ point two way centre and he’s already tracking to become a better two way guy than Bedard. Sound familiar?

Spread between two lines the way the Sharks can have a modern day Kane/Toews setup and already have another stud forward in Eklund.

Askarov is all potential at this point but his upside is insane. Sharks are tracking to be worse than us as well in the near future so they can easily shoot high at a couple big name dmen in the next couple of drafts and bang probably the best rebuild on paper I’ve seen in decades

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Smith has legit 100 point upside and Celebrini can easily become a 90+ point two way centre and he’s already tracking to become a better two way guy than Bedard. Sound familiar?

Spread between two lines the way the Sharks can have a modern day Kane/Toews setup and already have another stud forward in Eklund.

Askarov is all potential at this point but his upside is insane. Sharks are tracking to be worse than us as well in the near future so they can easily shoot high at a couple big name dmen in the next couple of drafts and bang probably the best rebuild on paper I’ve seen in decades
lol blocked

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019

I find myself agreeing with you way too much lol.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Lol there's a decent chance Bedard, Nazar and Moore are wingers and then they have zero top 6 centers.

Bedard potentially not sticking at C blows up the current rebuild pretty badly imo.

If our center prospects fail then we have no center prospects

Riveting analysis chap

Gee imagine if Dickinson and any future Dmen San Jose drafts turns into busts then they would have no reliable Dmen!!!

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Hawks have no holes in prospect pool.
I would disagree. I love where the Hawks are at on D, but alter CB I see a bunch of hopefully middle 6 forwards and goaltending is always a total crapshoot. And nothing wrong with middle 6 forwards, its just that I think the Hawks need additional difference makers up front. That's where 2025 and 2026 drafts come into play.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Lol there's a decent chance Bedard, Nazar and Moore are wingers and then they have zero top 6 centers.

Bedard potentially not sticking at C blows up the current rebuild pretty badly imo.
There's a decent chance Will Smith and Celebrini aren't as good as they are touted to be and only end up as high end 2nd liners. I'll still take the guarantee of Bedard being a top line player, and he'll be a Cemter, zero doubt.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
There's a decent chance Will Smith and Celebrini aren't as good as they are touted to be and only end up as high end 2nd liners. I'll still take the guarantee of Bedard being a top line player, and he'll be a Cemter, zero doubt.
I think those college kids are about to be in for a shock. Smith was on a ridiculously stacked team. How is he going to handle it when they can’t just score at will?

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Christ the Hawks need to pick 1st overall five straight years to settle people's rebuild anxiety.
Think about how many top picks teams with successful rebuilds have.

Colorado was bad for a decade before being good. Tampa was bad for a while.

Going back to the 2000s Pittsburgh picked top 2 4 years in a row.

Right now, the Hawks have a 7th overall pick, a 1st overall pick and a 2nd overall pick. They need 2 more top 5 picks at least.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Edmonton had how many 1st overall picks before they got good? Hell top 5-10 picks?

How many top 5-10 picks did Buffalo have?

What about New Jersey?

Picking in the top 10 every year sure can increase your percentage of being good but it guarantees absolutely nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad