2024-25 Roster…too soon?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Hawks are going to need to get a Kucherov and Point from outside the top 10 at this point, and I honestly don't know if any of them have that kind of upupside.
While I agree with this, if anyone honestly projects someone to do a Kuch/Point that is the sign of a total Homer because IMO by definition you can't realistically project guys to overdeliver like that because they are so rare.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Comparing to the Hawk Cup winners...I suspect/hope we already have our Keith/Seabs/Hjammer D core already in our existing prospect pool with Jones a younger/better version of Brian Campbell. I am also hopeful we won't have to trade for an Oduya as we'll also produce a good #4/5 internally from the prospect pool and hopefully also have better bottom pairing options internally. Bedard is likely/hopefully as good as prime Kane...an elite guy that can drive a line with not necessarily elite talent surrounding him. If Bedard ends up a C, he likely is not a Toews 2 way stalwart under even the most optimistic projection, but being an elite top line C (even an offensive one) would be a better starting point than a W. Still need a shutdown top 6 C and a Hossa type W, which hopefully the next draft addresses. We also could have an equivalent of a Vlassic prospect in out forward group....a guy consensus has being a lower in the lineup ceiling that blossoms into more.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Comparing to the Hawk Cup winners...I suspect/hope we already have our Keith/Seabs/Hjammer D core already in our existing prospect pool with Jones a younger/better version of Brian Campbell. I am also hopeful we won't have to trade for an Oduya as we'll also produce a good #4/5 internally from the prospect pool and hopefully also have better bottom pairing options internally. Bedard is likely/hopefully as good as prime Kane...an elite guy that can drive a line with not necessarily elite talent surrounding him. If Bedard ends up a C, he likely is not a Toews 2 way stalwart under even the most optimistic projection, but being an elite top line C (even an offensive one) would be a better starting point than a W. Still need a shutdown top 6 C and a Hossa type W, which hopefully the next draft addresses. We also could have an equivalent of a Vlassic prospect in out forward group....a guy consensus has being a lower in the lineup ceiling that blossoms into more.
Vlasic is one of the few young dmen with Hjalmarsson type upside so that’s huge for us

Disagree on Keith, I don’t see anyone who can win multiple Norrises and a Conn Symthe. Which is fine, you don’t NEED that to win and I do think we have the size, mobility and skill from the backend to win via committee

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Sippin out of my 2015 Cup mug with the scores on it, hawks held Lightning to 1 goal or less four times while cruising HF hearing about Lev vs Demidov, worrying about forwards, we need a running mate for a generational forward.

It’s like folks have forgotten what won last time.

Sit back, relax, and watch Vlasic, Korch, Lev, and friends take us there. The D is resolved barring major busts. Speaking of… Korch and Lev will provide offense in their primes. More than anyone most of us can remember as Hawks fans. We’ve almost never have help from the backend on that side of the ice.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Sippin out of my 2015 Cup mug with the scores on it, hawks held Lightning to 1 goal or less four times while cruising HF hearing about Lev vs Demidov, worrying about forwards, we need a running mate for a generational forward.

It’s like folks have forgotten what won last time.

Sit back, relax, and watch Vlasic, Korch, Lev, and friends take us there. The D is resolved barring major busts. Speaking of… Korch and Lev will provide offense in their primes. More than anyone most of us can remember as Hawks fans. We’ve almost never have help from the backend on that side of the ice.
Did you forget? Those hawks teams had 3 hall of fame forwards, a ppg player in Sharp that was able to pot 30 and provide good defense, young guys like Saad, Teuvo, Shaw that could all chip in offensively in depth roles. Dont forget a big part of what made the hawks success was opposing teams being stuck trying to defend 3 lines that can score. You had Kane playing at an MVP level with Brad Richards and Versteeg, the Sharp-Vermette-Teuvo line, and the Toews Saad Hossa line. Having an elite forward that can carry a line is what made the Hawks so special as they were able to have 3 productive lines when most teams had one at best

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I don't think anyone is missing the fact the Hawks are short at Forward particularly with elite guys unless some guys surprise/exceed expectations. MAYBE Bedard ends up as a HOF type forward based on his pedigree and being pretty good in the NHL at his age last year...both are pretty good indicators that is where he is heading....but he has to do it, avoid injury, etc. I am fairly confident we will develop Saad, Teuvo, Shaw, Sharp level players out of our forward prospect pool as in addition to Nazar, Moore, Kantserov, we have 2 handfuls of late 1st-3rd round guys that have shown some promise or draft pedigree to suspect we will end up with 4 or 5 middle 6 forwards. The trick is can we have one or two end up as legit good top line guys (even if not necessarily HOF level). We likely have at least 1 more top 10 (or even 5) pick this coming draft to find that elite level forward to add to the mix and Hossa was a UFA which if you build a winner, we should be able to add that level of a player as the cherry on top with a team full of ELC or 2nd contract guys if things actually do go right.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Did you forget? Those hawks teams had 3 hall of fame forwards, a ppg player in Sharp that was able to pot 30 and provide good defense, young guys like Saad, Teuvo, Shaw that could all chip in offensively in depth roles. Dont forget a big part of what made the hawks success was opposing teams being stuck trying to defend 3 lines that can score. You had Kane playing at an MVP level with Brad Richards and Versteeg, the Sharp-Vermette-Teuvo line, and the Toews Saad Hossa line. Having an elite forward that can carry a line is what made the Hawks so special as they were able to have 3 productive lines when most teams had one at best
Yea, we have plenty of that with even more coming. I can’t tell you who besides Bedard will be a HOF but the Hawks are pretty well diversified. And not many of the names up there in your comment were even draft picks.

Build the D, the forwards will come. Just like last time. They’ll be named Bedard and McQueen and some ridiculous player from deep in draft like Lardis or Mustard or Spellacy will pop, on top of Frankie and Moore who are shoe in nhl something’s and all the rest.

Teams should panic when their forward prospects are better than their D in the rebuild. That’s how you get a decade of Edmonton, current Toronto, those poor Ducks teams who couldn’t hang with us, etc.

We’re sitting pretty as it stands right now.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Ben Pope seems to think Korchinski starts in Rockford and that Kaiser will win that last LD spot with EDM pushing him for it. He also has concerns that Murphy might not last long and that his spot will open up sooner rather than later.

• Wow
Reactions: Muffinalt

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Murphy's spot here won't be challenged. The only RHD outside of him is Jones, Lev, and Crevier. Jones is obviously sticking around, Lev needs time in Rockford (likely an entire season at minimum), and Crevier sucks worse than Murphy. And the team is not icing 5 lefties on defense every night.

Could see us trying to move him at the deadline (with retention) if he's healthy (and valuable) enough. Easier to ice Crevier or 5 lefties for a month or two than an entire season.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I can see the Panthers as potential team that trades for Murphy.
Oilers would be obvious. Big hole in their 2RD spot and Bowman loves Murphy.

Murphy's spot here won't be challenged. The only RHD outside of him is Jones, Lev, and Crevier. Jones is obviously sticking around, Lev needs time in Rockford (likely an entire season at minimum), and Crevier sucks worse than Murphy. And the team is not icing 5 lefties on defense every night.

Could see us trying to move him at the deadline (with retention) if he's healthy (and valuable) enough. Easier to ice Crevier or 5 lefties for a month or two than an entire season.
It wasn’t meant to be challenged, more that he won’t make it through the season without being injured again.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

If you think Murph is lasting till the trade deadline without an injury then I have to bridge to sell you. Pretty sure that is what Pope is talking about as far as not lasting.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Ben Pope seems to think Korchinski starts in Rockford and that Kaiser will win that last LD spot with EDM pushing him for it. He also has concerns that Murphy might not last long and that his spot will open up sooner rather than later.
I wonder if that means they’re pushing for Levshunov to get a lot of NHL games this season

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I wonder if that means they’re pushing for Levshunov to get a lot of NHL games this season
I’m not counting on it. I’d like Lev to get a full season in Rockford and I’m thinking Davidson feels the same.

Dark horse pick though is Allan. Richardson mentioned he loves the way he plays and thought he was almost ready. I think he was playing RD in Rockford but I’m not 100%.

I’d rather that than say Crevier who we know is minor league fodder. Kaiser and EDM also at points in their career have played the right side but they’re all left handed, so who knows.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I'd rather the 7th Dman be a Crevier or Kaiser instead of Allan, or EDM. Let the younger guys season in Rockford, use the older guys to sit in the press box.
We’re talking about the scenario where Murphy gets injured (again). This would be the competition for his spot.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
They won't rush Lev, but I'm sure they like him that much that they think he will deserve it around mid-season/TDL.

If not, they have enough others to get this spot to finish the season.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Corey P is coming out with the top teams under 23 years old. So CB, KK, Kaiser and Reichel will be part of the that mix. I think we have to be top 5 Utah was #9 and we beat them by a mile. our 10th best is around then 5th best. 1-8 will come out on Thursday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad