2024-25 Roster…too soon?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Realistically adding 4-5 pieces would be perfect.

Draft Levshunov
Guentzal 8.5m x 7
Lyubushkin 2.75m x 2
Liam O'Brien 1m x 1
Samsonov 5m x 1

Hall-Bedard-Guentzal
Kurashev-Dickenson-Nazar
Reichel-Foligno-AA
Slaggert-Donato-O'Brien
Anderson

Vlasic-Jones
Lyubushkin-Levshunov
KK-Murphy
Kaiser

Mrazek
Samsonov

Lybushkin is garbage. Liam O'Brien is a dirtbag; you can find better players if you wanted to increase your dumb penalties per 60 percentage. Why sign Samsonov to be a 5M backup?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Kane, Domi, Stephenson

hall Bedard Kane. The #1 line.
Domi Nazar Kurashev. The scrabble line
Anderson Stephenson Dickinson The shutdownsons
Reichel foligno Athanasiou

Reactions: crazyhawk

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Kane, Domi, Stephenson

hall Bedard Kane. The #1 line.
Domi Nazar Kurashev. The scrabble line
Anderson Stephenson Dickinson The shutdownsons
Reichel foligno Athanasiou
I think I'll scramble these just a little cause Reichel shouldn't be on line 4
Hall Bedard Kane
Nazar Domi Reichel
Dickinson Stephenson Kurashev
Anderson Foligno Athanasiou

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think I'll scramble these just a little cause Reichel shouldn't be on line 4
Hall Bedard Kane
Nazar Domi Reichel
Dickinson Stephenson Kurashev
Anderson Foligno Athanasiou
Im actually starting Nazar in the AHL and letting Reichel audition. Goes well, I’m trading Kurashev and Hall at the deadline for hauls. Bumping up Reichel and bringing Dach in mid season.

At the end of the day Reichel gets a huge opportunity most of the year. Nazar gets his feet wet in AHL. We get hall a buncha points to trade for a 1st.

Reactions: crazyhawk

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The goals of next year in order of importance:
1) pump and dump Hall
2) get korchinski to be a competent PPqb1
3) bring Nazar along slowly
4) rehab Reichel
5) make Murphy into a tradable asset
6) get EDM Kaiser and Allen some games and let them decide.

Bedard really has nothing to do with what I would consider a successful 2nd season. Keep him happy with lotsa cookies on the PP. Attack next offseason.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
The more I am looking ahead to the 2024 season the more I think KD is going to throw gasoline on this rebuild and kick it in the ass. I fully expect at this point for KD to re-sign Patrick Kane, trade for 1 of Marner or Necas, trade pick #18 and other assets to move up into picks 8-12 range targeting Buium, Yakemchuk, Dicksinson on D or Catton, Iginla at Forward. I also anticipate him to chase other potential trade targets for young players specifically Turcotte/Kaliyev from LA or bigger trade such as Zegras (dont know he matches KD mold) I am for 1st time in many many years optimistic of next years roster.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I like the idea of Domi coming back. Not sure who KD gets to pair with KK on the 2nd d-pair but I think that is the most important acquisition this summer - I do not want Murphy partnering with KK - PLEASE!

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Even if the Hawks make significant improvement next season - they still may end up at or near the bottom of the standings because the other 2023/24 bottom feeders will probably improve too. Just looking at the two worst teams - San Jose and Anaheim - they should both be better with the influx of young players - especially Anaheim who already has an impressive group going into their 2nd/3rd/4th years and they will be adding Ethan Gautier to that group. SJ will have Celebrini and Will Smith joining William Eklund. They also have 2 prospects who had dynamite junior seasons - Musty and Hulttunen who may get a start with the Sharks.

The point is that as much as we hope and think it possible for the Hawks to improve enough to reach into the 70 points range - that still may find the Hawks at or near the bottom of the standings.

What rhymes with Hagens?

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Nah

Makar
Fox
Dobson
Bouchard
Weegar
Pietrangelo
Hamilton
Doughty
McAvoy
Carlsson
Probably take Karlsson and Burns ahead of him too.

Makar
Fox
Dobson
Bouchard
Pietrangelo

I would take them over Jones.

Jones is better than Weager, Carlsson and Burns. He's also a way better skater than those 3.

He's on par with Doughty and McAvoy.

Jones isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Consider the dumpster fire teams he's played on for the last 3 years. 1st year he had Colliton as coach. That year the rebuild started with the Hagel trade. The last 2 years the team has totally tanked. So he's been playing with garbage for 2.5 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
EA NHL trade:
Kevin Korchinski
Frank Nazar
18 OA

For
David Jiricek
Kent Johnson
Jiricek has been unhappy and Johnson has been jacked around… Bedard gets his best friend.

• Wow
Reactions: Malaka and Pertti

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
EA NHL trade:
Kevin Korchinski
Frank Nazar
18 OA

For
David Jiricek
Kent Johnson
Jiricek has been unhappy and Johnson has been jacked around… Bedard gets his best friend.
What's the rationale for Columbus to make this trade?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
What's the rationale for Columbus to make this trade?
Bad vibe shake up. They don’t play the way they wanna play. New GM not his guys. Lot to love with Korch and Nazar. Extra pick. Near equal value. Jiricek is whiny. Johnson soft and underperforming. Spin the wheel of reasons. Pretty similar value coming back

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
EA NHL trade:
Kevin Korchinski
Frank Nazar
18 OA

For
David Jiricek
Kent Johnson

Can we throw in #2 OA for Fantilli too? You know.. to get another one of Bedard's boys.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Makar
Fox
Dobson
Bouchard
Pietrangelo

I would take them over Jones.

Jones is better than Weager, Carlsson and Burns. He's also a way better skater than those 3.

He's on par with Doughty and McAvoy.

Jones isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Consider the dumpster fire teams he's played on for the last 3 years. 1st year he had Colliton as coach. That year the rebuild started with the Hagel trade. The last 2 years the team has totally tanked. So he's been playing with garbage for 2.5 years.
McAvoy is so much f***ing better than Seth Bouchard and Pietro.

Reactions: MTU34 and Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad