2024-25 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - One Spot Open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
The moment you flipped saves and wins--I went --SHIIIIIIIIT

But I got back to back good plus/minus days and Malkin gooned it up. I believe you had the tie breaker if I am not mistaken.

Good Series
It was over long before that...I thought I may have had a chance after the Rangers game, but then I went directly into the crapper and you took off. That was an epic week for you and I got steamrolled.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Bad first day

It was over long before that...I thought I may have had a chance after the Rangers game, but then I went directly into the crapper and you took off. That was an epic week for you and I got steamrolled.
Yes and no. I flipped both PMS and plus minus late Saturday

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
As a point of discussion, after the season ends, I'd like to re-visit and see if there is a way to at least talk about changing the rules about adding rookies after the deadline...the language seems restrictive and overly broad...I think it was initially meant to stop contending teams from adding star level keepers that had been added late in seasons, but it makes it very restrictive overall from teams just trying to have the minimum rookie requirement in their keeper list at the end of the season. Right now I have one rookie available to me (Josh Norris) and I won't be able to pick up another rookie keeper just to fill that keeper slot, simply because I've been trying to keep a competitive lineup, whereas teams that aren't competitive don't have that concern. Could we change it to, rookies that haven't met a met a minimum games played requirement can't be picked up and kept? That way we can at least pick up rookies that have been eligible for some time and have been available to everyone and not be penalized for trying to be competitive?

archangel2

May 19, 2019
As a point of discussion, after the season ends, I'd like to re-visit and see if there is a way to at least talk about changing the rules about adding rookies after the deadline...the language seems restrictive and overly broad...I think it was initially meant to stop contending teams from adding star level keepers that had been added late in seasons, but it makes it very restrictive overall from teams just trying to have the minimum rookie requirement in their keeper list at the end of the season. Right now I have one rookie available to me (Josh Norris) and I won't be able to pick up another rookie keeper just to fill that keeper slot, simply because I've been trying to keep a competitive lineup, whereas teams that aren't competitive don't have that concern. Could we change it to, rookies that haven't met a met a minimum games played requirement can't be picked up and kept? That way we can at least pick up rookies that have been eligible for some time and have been available to everyone and not be penalized for trying to be competitive?
the way it was explained to me was that ANY ROOKIE who was on an NHL team when the trade deadline can still be picked up.

The rule was made cause me and a few other bad managers added top level rookies who signed contracts after the deadline and joined for the last few games of the year. It is a rule to prevent bad teams from getting a good player that the good teams can not gamble on picking up because they want to win. The GMS who voted for the rule, wanted a level playing field..I still view it as hurting managers who had bad year--I voted against the rule

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
the way it was explained to me was that ANY ROOKIE who was on an NHL team when the trade deadline can still be picked up.

The rule was made cause me and a few other bad managers added top level rookies who signed contracts after the deadline and joined for the last few games of the year. It is a rule to prevent bad teams from getting a good player that the good teams can not gamble on picking up because they want to win. The GMS who voted for the rule, wanted a level playing field..I still view it as hurting managers who had bad year--I voted against the rule

Thats not how the language reads in the CBA...

Any rookie meeting the above definition and added after the Yahoo Keeper League deadline will be ineligible to be kept as a keeper in the following off-season (of any type, e.g. neither a regular keeper nor a rookie keeper).

Unless I'm misinterpreting, or missing something? Or taking crazy pills, because that's not really how I recall it.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Thats not how the language reads in the CBA...

Unless I'm misinterpreting, or missing something? Or taking crazy pills, because that's not really how I recall it.
I questioned the same things about a month ago I was told that if a rookie was already in the NHL on deadline day he is fair game

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I questioned the same things about a month ago I was told that if a rookie was already in the NHL on deadline day he is fair game

You can pick up a rookie all day long, you just can't use him as a "keeper" of any type.

Just as an example...LB picked up Devon Levi, who is a rookie, he can't use him as a keeper for next season...or me picking up Mads Sogaard. I picked up Sogaard before the deadline, but dropped him and then picked him up again after the deadline...I can't use him as a rookie keeper.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver

It wasn't bad teams getting the super rookies as Yahoo gave waiver priority in the order of the previous year's standings with the best team havong highest priority.

Anyway, if @Canucker wants a cheap rookie, I have lots eligible for trade.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009

I will bring forth my original proposal...
Where only rookies signed after the deadline cannot be picked up.
That way...
Rookies who have already been through the draft once can be picked up.
I dislike the current interpretation myself to be honest.
Like you stated...
It is too broad.

Reactions: Canucker

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I will bring forth my original proposal...
Where only rookies signed after the deadline cannot be picked up.
That way...
Rookies who have already been through the draft once can be picked up.
I dislike the current interpretation myself to be honest.
Like you stated...
It is too broad.
For the sake of tracking what if we require either the rookie being drafted or having played X number of games to be keeper eligible (say 20 GP).

Reactions: Canucker

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Also...
Could we perhaps change it so that added players can be played immediately...
And not wait a day?
There are games missed because a player cannot come off the IR and immediately get into the lineup...
Or there is just the need for that goalie requirement.

I just want to put it out there now...
And see if there are any support.
If there is...
I will bring forth the proposal again before next season starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad