2024-25 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - One Spot Open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Just a housekeeping question, do we need to make room for our IR players and LTIR players before the end of the year? I don’t see anything in the rules about it, but I seem to recall discussing it years ago…we shouldnt be able to carry extra players into the off season, correct?

That rule was removed in like season 2, so possibly you heard about the legendary stories about it.

Ugh. My team is holding on for dear life. The guys are coasting to the end of the season...

archangel2

May 19, 2019
That rule was removed in like season 2, so possibly you heard about the legendary stories about it.

Ugh. My team is holding on for dear life. The guys are coasting to the end of the season...
still guy me beat

too many teams have taken their foot of the gas

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Jenner is out for back reasons, nothing about broken finger still. So strange..........lol

still guy me beat

too many teams have taken their foot of the gas

Feel like I'll have a plethora of guys sitting out in the last couple of days...

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
then someone hacked your team as it has been getting updated and changed everyday
Pretty sure I just hit the "set lineup for the week" button last Sunday night just in case, but that doesn't account for injuries or too many guys playing on certain nights (with 16 games a few days ago I probably had guys like Kirill on the bench for a plug haha) and also I haven't done any adds/drops.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
@CRDragon good series. Look forward to next year when i try to be the spoiler. I went all in this year and almost pulled it off. I think I have no draft picks till the 5 or 6th round next. But it was worth it.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
@CRDragon good series. Look forward to next year when i try to be the spoiler. I went all in this year and almost pulled it off. I think I have no draft picks till the 5 or 6th round next. But it was worth it.

Good series indeed, you had a heck of a comeback there after my early lead, was super close.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Good series indeed, you had a heck of a comeback there after my early lead, was super close.
I ended up dressing the wrong players 2 days and thought guys like Malkin would step up. I paid a high price to get to the final with trades---but upsetting the top seed @Canucker sort of made it worth it

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I ended up dressing the wrong players 2 days and thought guys like Malkin would step up. I paid a high price to get to the final with trades---but upsetting the top seed @Canucker sort of made it worth it
Just goes to show that one good/bad week can sink someones season...I probably would have won if not for one bad week. But thats just how it goes in sports.

Congrats to you both on a good final...and congrats to everyone on a very good season....even though I'm salty about it. lol

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Just goes to show that one good/bad week can sink someones season...I probably would have won if not for one bad week. But thats just how it goes in sports.

Congrats to you both on a good final...and congrats to everyone on a very good season....even though I'm salty about it. lol
if you want to be REALLY salty--if @BrockH had tried just a little bit harder in the final week? I would not have made the playoffs---I think Ahman would have made the playoffs not me

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver

Thank you. You're always salty...since the pandemic year. lol But yes, playoffs anything can happen!

I think this year we should bring back the voting...look out for google forms to come!

Reactions: Canucker

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Thank you. You're always salty...since the pandemic year. lol But yes, playoffs anything can happen!

I think this year we should bring back the voting...look out for google forms to come!
I think he has a right to be extra salty--if in the last week of the season a certain manager tried just a little bit to beat me? I do not get get in

I see managers adding players after that team season ended--Didn't I get into trouble for that a couple of years ago?

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Little late to the party but congrats @CRDragon! Maybe one of these days we'll let someone else win a title ;) Also the main post on this thread still has no record of my 2018-19 win and it's blasphemy!

Blasphemy indeed. Sorry about missing that for so many years hahaha.

Thanks for the congrats! Let's just keep it between us ;)

Reactions: ArtursSilovsShirt

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think he has a right to be extra salty--if in the last week of the season a certain manager tried just a little bit to beat me? I do not get get in

I see managers adding players after that team season ended--Didn't I get into trouble for that a couple of years ago?
Just curious...which stat categories do you think I could have flipped by "trying harder"? The only ones that were remotely close were points (I lost by 5), PPP (tied) and SOG (I lost by 13). If I flip all 3 of those to wins for me, you get 5 points less and finish in a tie with Ahmon. You had the tie breaker (total wins, you were up by 4 so still up by 2 with the change), so near as I can tell my "not trying hard enough" did not impact things at all? Besides, I tried just as hard against Ahmon the week before, when he beat me 10-3, so it's not like I swung the needle by performing better against one of you than the other...

If you want to say I don't follow the league enough and shouldn't be in it anymore, that's fine. I admit after I opened the season 1-7 I was largely on autopilot, and I'm not nearly as engaged as I once was to begin with. I would take no offense to the league deciding they want someone more active involved in my place, but I'm also happy to keep going for nostalgia's sake at the participation level I can manage. That said, unless I'm missing something, it's really misleading to try to claim that I somehow swung the outcome of the season with my effort in the last week.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Just curious...which stat categories do you think I could have flipped by "trying harder"? The only ones that were remotely close were points (I lost by 5), PPP (tied) and SOG (I lost by 13). If I flip all 3 of those to wins for me, you get 5 points less and finish in a tie with Ahmon. You had the tie breaker (total wins, you were up by 4 so still up by 2 with the change), so near as I can tell my "not trying hard enough" did not impact things at all? Besides, I tried just as hard against Ahmon the week before, when he beat me 10-3, so it's not like I swung the needle by performing better against one of you than the other...

If you want to say I don't follow the league enough and shouldn't be in it anymore, that's fine. I admit after I opened the season 1-7 I was largely on autopilot, and I'm not nearly as engaged as I once was to begin with. I would take no offense to the league deciding they want someone more active involved in my place, but I'm also happy to keep going for nostalgia's sake at the participation level I can manage. That said, unless I'm missing something, it's really misleading to try to claim that I somehow swung the outcome of the season with my effort in the last week.

I think its pretty natural to be "less engaged" in the league when you aren't in a competitive position...and I definitely wouldn't make any accusations of anything underhanded going on, but I think the challenge is trying to find a way to keep people active to at least the point they aren't undermining other teams who are trying to compete...I'm not sure its going to be possible to force interest into the disinterested, or expect busy people to create time time for the league when none exists, but I think we need to look for ways to reward effort, participation and competitiveness and not reward complacency/apathy...which is why I'd like to re-evaluate the draft lottery if possible.

It's a difficult thing to try and maintain both a fun and competitive league, some people are more here for the fun and others more for the competition...and some just don't have the time to be as competitive as they'd like to be. Overall, I think we're doing good, I just think we can get it to the point of where (generally), the more thought and effort you put into the league and your team, the more it will be rewarded. Or...we can just keep it status quo, and just have to accept that, on occasion, you might get screwed over...and that's just life.

Reactions: BrockH

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I also ceased engaging once my season in done in January. I think the idea of adding meaning / stakes to the consolation bracket would help with that. For 25% better draft odds I would have dropped some of my 12 players on IR.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Kinda sounds like violating the CBA for several months on purpose, and also why the following years waiver priority was in the order it was. Finishing higher had its rewards

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
That is just what happens when the season is lost.
People sell their assets...
give up...
And coast.
It happens in real life to real franchises too...
So it is what it is.
I do not think a change to the draft will help...
To be honest.

I am more interested to get same day waiver...
And to see if the league would implement my original proposal for the rookie keeper.
I will get a lawyer to look at everything else.
:D

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
That is just what happens when the season is lost.
People sell their assets...
give up...
And coast.
It happens in real life to real franchises too...
So it is what it is.
I do not think a change to the draft will help...
To be honest.

I am more interested to get same day waiver...
And to see if the league would implement my original proposal for the rookie keeper.
I will get a lawyer to look at everything else.
:D

I think if people want to "coast" once they've established that they won't be competitive, thats fine...I just don't think they should be rewarded for it by giving them better odds at a higher draft position.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I think if people want to "coast" once they've established that they won't be competitive, thats fine...I just don't think they should be rewarded for it by giving them better odds at a higher draft position.

I understand what you mean...
But I personally do not see how improved draft position will motivate people who have mentally checked out.
I know I would not care.
Plus...
It just punishes teams that are bad even further.

I am not against ways to motivate people...
But there has to be better ways than better draft odds...
For better consolation tournament results.
Sometimes...
Teams are just bad that particular year.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I understand what you mean...
But I personally do not see how improved draft position will motivate people who have mentally checked out.
I know I would not care.
Plus...
It just punishes teams that are bad even further.

I am not against ways to motivate people...
But there has to be better ways than better draft odds...
For better consolation tournament results.
Sometimes...
Teams are just bad that particular year.
I don't really think there is a foolproof plan for keeping people interested...you either have to hit people with a stick, or offer an incentive...or both. If we had more people interested in joining the league every year, I'd be interested in "relegating out" the bottom team and replacing them with a new GM....but that's probably not going to fly. Or, punishing teams a bit more strictly for not setting lineups regularly....but, I prefer to reward those who take more interest and try. Honestly, I don't have much sympathy for those who finish last (in the NHL or any other league), whether actively trying to tank or just through apathy/ineptness, and just sit back waiting for their lottery rewards to be just handed to them...the way I look at it, if you finish at the bottom you shouldn't be rewarded for it....but thats just my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad