Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
The fact the article referred to Gibson as "Cam Gibson" and Zegras as a "disgruntled prospect" is all I needed to see.

Cam may be moved at the TDL but I don't think anything is going to happen soon. HIs limited trade clause really hampers a trade even if he expands it a little.

He has played the right a little in the past but he is so much better on the left.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
https://athlonsports.com/nhl/anahei...rade-options-52-million-defenseman-cam-fowler

I am curious how Duck fans value Cam Fowler. He might be on the move, at some point, and I suspect that there would be several teams interested especially if he were offered with retention. A number of playoff teams would be able to fit him in depending on the number.

Does he play the right side?
Duck fans are split on Cam. Some feel he helps insulate the younger D from having to play tougher minutes. Other think he has outlived his usefulness and needs to be moved to clear the way for younger LHD.

Reactions: TFHockey

Frosted Tips

Zegras for president
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Also, may I present to you: Cam Fowler

cam2.PNG

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
https://athlonsports.com/nhl/anahei...rade-options-52-million-defenseman-cam-fowler

I am curious how Duck fans value Cam Fowler. He might be on the move, at some point, and I suspect that there would be several teams interested especially if he were offered with retention. A number of playoff teams would be able to fit him in depending on the number.

Get him out of here!
He kinda plays right side…. He’s fine on a diff team…. Do you really want a guy that can’t even make line changes tho

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016

I would bet money that if Cam plays a reduced role on the team this year, almost all of the squabbling about him will go away and he will look really good.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
You are probably right because Cam would be good in a reduced role. I just don’t think Cronin will do it. I think he’ll ride Cam into the ground again.
I think it could go either way. I want to say that the lines/practices from pre-season made me hopeful that he will get a reduced role but it's also pre-season so tough to say if it means anything.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Can Fowler is unappreciated. If you are objective with what he has to deal as far as partners and team I don’t think he is the problem.

His last good partner was Manson and I thought they were amazing together. I have hopes for luneau and him. They just need to be sheltered to start the season. Not 3rd pairing minutes but more pair 2b.

Let gudas and lacombe take the tough. Minutes and minty dump the offensive ones. Can and lineup should take the easy ones.

We should really thinking long term solutions for gudas and dumo. Zelwegger will eventually replace Fowler but who replaces them? We need a rhd badly.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Can Fowler is unappreciated. If you are objective with what he has to deal as far as partners and team I don’t think he is the problem.

His last good partner was Manson and I thought they were amazing together. I have hopes for luneau and him. They just need to be sheltered to start the season. Not 3rd pairing minutes but more pair 2b.

Let gudas and lacombe take the tough. Minutes and minty dump the offensive ones. Can and lineup should take the easy ones.

We should really thinking long term solutions for gudas and dumo. Zelwegger will eventually replace Fowler but who replaces them? We need a rhd badly.

Anaheim has several options in replacing RD Gudas and LD Dumo. Gudas has two more seasons. Dumo has at least until this TDL. Finding a replacement for Dumo is not a problem as we are stacked at LD. RD is only a problem if our GM wants natural RD's.

LD only: Minty, Vaak, Dionicio, Solberg (could be a year or two away and plays physical like Gudas), Tarin Smith (a couple years away)
LD who have played RD exclusively before going pro: LaCombe, Zell, and Hinds
RD only: Luneau

RD's with question marks: Helleson, Warren, and Moore (who's at Harvard and possibility of becoming a FA at the end of this season). Moore might be the best natural RD prospect out of this bunch.

We have two seasons to find natural RD solutions. We could draft one in the 2025 draft in the first round, but who knows how fast that prospect can get to the NHL and acclimate. Another option is trading for a natural RD already in the NHL, which is the reason we've been stockpiling prospects - and it looks like we're hitting on a lot of LD's.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Fowler hate is beyond over the top. The Trouba hate even if overkill is not unwarranted since he is not very good. Fowler is still a good 3/4 D. I hope he is not used on the PK, and played to his strengths. Give him 2nd unit PP time, and etc.

I actually would love to see a Trouba and Fowler swap, just to prove my point, lol. You guys will be begging to have Cam back.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I’m not seeing a crazy amount of Fowler hate besides maybe one or two posters

I just keep seeing people saying “the Fowler hate is over the top” when most of the “hate” is just basic discussion about if he fits or not on the team moving forward

He almost seems to have more stans/nutsswingers than haters at this point to me

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I’m not seeing a crazy amount of Fowler hate besides maybe one or two posters

I just keep seeing people saying “the Fowler hate is over the top” when most of the “hate” is just basic discussion about if he fits or not on the team moving forward

He almost seems to have more stans/nutsswingers than haters at this point to me

It's the quality of Fowler hate, not quantity of Fowler hate. Basic discussion is the reason for the quality of Fowler hate b/c it often excludes context, nuances, and established NHL youth talent that aren't NHL established.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad